+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

prosanjitpaul

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
i would say write a letter of explanation that you have submitted marriage certificate copy and as you are married IMM5409 is not applicable in your case. and then sign at the bottom. and submit scanned copy. just for your peace of mind.
Thank you so much. I will do so.

MDM23

Dec 7, 2015
My uncle recently passed away. Do we need to provide an update to cic if any of the relative is deceased after the application is submitted? Tia

swapnali85

Jan 31, 2022
I submitted my application for PGP in first week of Nov/2021. So far, I have not received AOR. I thought by now, atleast there will be a medical requests as in the past years
What was the timeline in last few years ?? I thought PGP entire process takes min 12 months.

kparents

Star Member
Jan 24, 2021
I submitted my application for PGP in first week of Nov/2021. So far, I have not received AOR. I thought by now, atleast there will be a medical requests as in the past years
You might want to be very patient. I am 2020 batch and no medical yet. Seen 2019s with no medicals yet. IRCC is really lagging behind now and I think it is irresponsible to take on more applications if they are not completing the outstanding ones.

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Hello,
I need some help. I have submitted the application on Nov 20, 2021, and last Friday, Feb 04 got an email with a pdf attached about the incomplete application. And PR application portal status is showing Returned. 1'ST THING IT MENTIONED:
"Marriage Certificate/Common-Law Declaration for Sponsor and Co-signer: A marriage certificate/ Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union (IMM 5409) provided for the Sponsor and Co-signer does not meet the requirements for processing. The certificate must be legally registered with the governmental authorities in the jurisdiction where it took place. Note: A record of solemnization or marriage license/statement is not acceptable for marriages that were legally registered in Canada and the United States of America."
In this case, I did not submit IMM-5409, only I have submitted my marriage certificate (In additional documents) as the document checklist/guide mentioned that, IMM-5409 to be completed, signed by hand, and dated by the sponsor and the cosigner, only if in a common-law partnership. And I am married, so I was confused and that is the reason I did not submit IMM-5409. SO, IN THIS CASE, WHAT IS YOUR SUGGESTION HERE?

2'ND THING IT MENTIONED:
IMM 5406 (for Principal Applicant): The Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) provided was not completed fully. Please provide a current, completed, signed and dated Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for the Principal Applicant and all dependents aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not. Each individual must sign their own copy of this form by hand.

IMM 5406 (for Dependant): The Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) provided was not provided. Please provide a current, completed, signed and dated Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) for the Principal Applicant and all dependents aged 18 and over, whether accompanying or not. Each individual must sign their own copy of this form by hand.

In this case, I filled it up for both of my parents in the online portal. Now I do not know why they're asking it again to submit via email or mail in 30 days. SO, WHAT IS YOUR SUGGESTION HERE?

I am so sorry for the long message here. Any advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks
For the first part, what country was the marriage certificate issued? be sure the copy is clear colored copy as wel and include a LOE that it has been previously provided, except they have a problem with the issuing body.

For the second one, please download a copy of teh form online, fill on pdf, print and get your parents to sign. Send it via email to them.

Reactions: ICE85

prosanjitpaul

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
For the first part, what country was the marriage certificate issued? Looks like they are are not comfortable with the certificate provided.

For the second one, please download a copy of teh form online, fill on pdf, print and get your parents to sign. Send it via email to them.
Hi, Thank you for your reply with clarification. Our marriage certificate was issued in Ontario, Canada

nilnitesh

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
List of members who did not receive any communication from IRCC and unable to link to GCKEY:

October 2021 list:
Oct 14: Newbie17
Oct 18: aonedoc
Oct 20: microbio1
Oct 21: RRBP
Oct 27: Chintan.patel | willgo2ca

Please update incase if you received any communication from IRCC. Thank you!
November 2021 list:
Nov 28: nilnitesh

Newbie17

Mar 19, 2018
List of members who did not receive any communication from IRCC and unable to link to GCKEY:

October 2021 list:

No communication received yet.

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
My uncle recently passed away. Do we need to provide an update to cic if any of the relative is deceased after the application is submitted? Tia
I dont think it affects ur application. He isnt a dependant or principal applicant. Its just for FYI even if you update them. Condolences:(

swapnali85

Jan 31, 2022

October 2021 list:

Nov 13: Swapnali

sulemanmirza

Aug 7, 2013
Ajax, ON
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
18-June-2014
Doc's Request.
21-May-2015
AOR Received.
12-August-2014