+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Hi everyone,

I submitted my application on Nov 3rd, 2021
Yesterday got my first email, with a letter saying that my PA had a lot of missing information, which was submitted.
20 minutes later I got another email with another letter just requesting just the IMM5406 (Additional Family Information) because it was not submitted in the original application, which we submitted, I double-checked, so I guess it was a glitch in the system and they can't see it, I don't know.
Today I sent the email with the form they requested (one day later).

Does anyone know how long they are taking to answer for the next stage, after requesting information of this kind?
Also, they gave me an application number starting with XF#########, but I still can't link it to my GCKey account, is it too early?

Thanks in advance for the feedback you guys can give me :)
So in my own case, I submitted on Oct 17, 2021. On Dec 13, 2021 I got a notification to log on to online account and saw that the IMM5406 was flagged incomplete, I went through the details and resubmitted Dec 14. So today, I asked the sponsor (Hubby) to check if he got any correspondence and he searched by IRCC since people were getting updates in this forum. Alas! they sent an email same Dec 13, asking for signed copy of IMM5406 and gave 30 days timeline which has since lapsed:(. You can imagine my shock cos we had resubmitted the same form through the online portal and had no idea they needed a copy signed by hand.

We just sent the signed document to the email address indicated and hope that it is favourably considered. It is really funny how they send emails to different addresses regarding the same issue:(.Fingers crossed, I am praying that they attend to it and give us the AOR.

The XF no is not the application number, its just a code for incomplete ones I guess and we cant link successfully until AOR. Please keep us posted when you get a feedback from them.

Please I would suggest that anyone in this process, ask every applicant named and sponsor to keep checking their emails cos you cant tell who the email would be directed to.

Jasmeet0101

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
So in my own case, I submitted on Oct 17, 2021. On Dec 13, 2021 I got a notification to log on to online account and saw that the IMM5406 was flagged incomplete, I went through the details and resubmitted Dec 14. So today, I asked the sponsor (Hubby) to check if he got any correspondence and he searched by IRCC since people were getting updates in this forum. Alas! they sent an email same Dec 13, asking for signed copy of IMM5406 and gave 30 days timeline which has since lapsed:(. You can imagine my shock cos we had resubmitted the same form through the online portal and had no idea they needed a copy signed by hand.

We just sent the signed document to the email address indicated and hope that it is favourably considered. It is really funny how they send emails to different addresses regarding the same issue:(.Fingers crossed, I am praying that they attend to it and give us the AOR.

The XF no is not the application number, its just a code for incomplete ones I guess and we cant link successfully until AOR. Please keep us posted when you get a feedback from them.

Please I would suggest that anyone in this process, ask every applicant named and sponsor to keep checking their emails cos you cant tell who the email would be directed to.
Thanks for letting us know. I fall in same boat too, i was asked to submit the IMM5406 and 5669 again, but this time they needed as hand singed, as he one we fill online we just type name. And i submitted it, but no answer after that. I submitted the docs on Jan 3, and on Jan 4th i re-submitted the online portal too

Hope fully soon we will hear.

All the best!

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

nilnitesh

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Hi everyone,

I submitted my application on Nov 3rd, 2021
Yesterday got my first email, with a letter saying that my PA had a lot of missing information, which was submitted.
20 minutes later I got another email with another letter just requesting just the IMM5406 (Additional Family Information) because it was not submitted in the original application, which we submitted, I double-checked, so I guess it was a glitch in the system and they can't see it, I don't know.
Today I sent the email with the form they requested (one day later).

Does anyone know how long they are taking to answer for the next stage, after requesting information of this kind?
Also, they gave me an application number starting with XF#########, but I still can't link it to my GCKey account, is it too early?

Thanks in advance for the feedback you guys can give me :)
Are you able to see the incomplete sections through the portal?

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Thanks for letting us know. I fall in same boat too, i was asked to submit the IMM5406 and 5669 again, but this time they needed as hand singed, as he one we fill online we just type name. And i submitted it, but no answer after that. I submitted the docs on Jan 3, and on Jan 4th i re-submitted the online portal too

Hope fully soon we will hear.

All the best!
Thanks for the kind words. We would all rejoice

YASH2021

Jan 26, 2022
Agree with @Chintan.pate
In some countries, you cannot request PCC without letter from CIC. You can certainly do it ahead of time if you can, but mind the expiration.
If you are worried about the 30 day time limit, once you requested PCC, submit webform to upload receipt and a letter of explanation to ask for more time.
thanks.

RRBP

Feb 3, 2022
hi guys,
could you please help me?
I submitted my parents application on Oct 21. and after that I did not receive any email at all?!
I try to check their status at least. is anyone can help me for that please?
they also have UCI number as they came to Canada last year as a tourist ( I try to check their status by their UCI number but I am not successful at all)
I can only go somewhere that:
https ://prson- srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca /en/ application/view-applications
and there, just show I submitted the application on Oct 21 2021 and nothing more? is that where I should check?

Last edited:

RRBP

Feb 3, 2022

hi,
may I ask where exactly you checked your your missing form the asked you on Dec 13? I do not know where I should go to check if they need anything from me and I am stress out if they already sent something and I passed delaine and not update on that?

I always check the email and nothing received there, I am sure about emails.

microbio1

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
They can be in Canada or home country as long as IRCC has their current mailing address. My parents are planning to stay here for a year or so. Hoping to get the process finalized by then.
Got it. That is my plan as well. So to update their mailing address will just use webform correct? Should I do it now or will wait until the request of medical? Submitted my application last Oct 20 and I did not receive any update nor ghost email etc

kzehra

May 8, 2014
Hi everyone,
Does anyone have any idea that we can get medical done before getting the request or not?
My parents are here in Canada on visit and will be going to England in 20 days . I applied on Nov 7th and today got the ghost email. I want to get their medical done before they leave but not sure that will get medical request by then or not, therefore, if I have their medical without IRCC request, will that work?

Last edited:

Krisv

Feb 2, 2022
Tried with passport in formation. Also tried with uci. None of them worked
Try using the following
Tried with passport in formation. Also tried with uci. None of them worked
Please try the following. It worked for me after several retry

Category is permanent residence

Sub-category is family class (parents & grand parent)

Application details is family name given name and date of birth (enter principal applican details)

Application personal detail is passport (enter details of principal applicant)

Other application information is enter the province, city and martial status (as stated in the primary applicant)
Number of family is count the primary and dependent plus sponsor and co-signer (exclude childern), as applicable in your case.

Reactions: G_Raja and wvo2017

swapnali85

Jan 31, 2022
Try using the following

Application details is family name given name and date of birth (enter principal applican details)

Other application information is enter the province, city and martial status (as stated in the primary applicant)
Number of family is count the primary and dependent plus sponsor and co-signer (exclude childern), as applicable in your case.
I tried with the same information multiple times with no luck .. my application date is 13th November.

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
Try using the following

Thanks. Tried with this information and no luck. Will try again in few days