+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
ok Thank you :)that is a relief...my mom has done biometrics before but not my dad. so they would need medical for both and biometrics for dad. Also, they are coming to Canada next week. Hopefully , that would help with any movement in my application once i send the change in contact info.
yes they can do both bio and medical here in Canada. it will be great to be able to be with your parents through the process. good luck!

Reactions: ndhindsa

Irlana

Feb 3, 2022
ok Thank you :)that is a relief...my mom has done biometrics before but not my dad. so they would need medical for both and biometrics for dad. Also, they are coming to Canada next week. Hopefully , that would help with any movement in my application once i send the change in contact info.
Hello
Do you remember if your mom needed to fill out any form before her biometrics appointment?
Like a consent form?
Thank you

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Hello
Do you remember if your mom needed to fill out any form before her biometrics appointment?
Like a consent form?
Thank you
depends on the VAC. Call your local VAC before you go.
Generally passports and BIL from CIC are required.
some VACs are by appointments only so you need to bring your appointment confirmation.
some require consent form to collect your biometrics and there might be covid protocols in place.

ndhindsa

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Hello
Like a consent form?
Thank you
I think it was only the biometrics instruction letter and passport only. She went back in 2020 and no appointments were needed at that time. I believe it depends on different visa offices

microbio1

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Yes they can do medicals here.. and you should inform IRCC of any contact info changes such as new mailing address
Thank you, so will contact them via webform? Do they still need to go back to home country or can they just wait here until they received the results of pr?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They can do medicals in Canada but it will be more expensive. Due to Covid there may be extra delays. Some testing may not be possible for visitors because of huge backlogs for people with provincial health cards.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you, so will contact them via webform? Do they still need to go back to home country or can they just wait here until they received the results of pr?
Really depends on how long processing takes. There are no guarantees of approval or how long processing will take so until people land as PRs they remain visitors and aren’t guaranteed extensions.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey folks,
Received today a pdf saying my parent is eligible (CPCM / CTDM - OVS SPR Eligibility Decision Letter).
The thing is: My parent lives in Brazil, but the letter says it was sent to their office in Mexico. (!!??) Why not the office in the same country they are in? When the process is complete, is my parent going to have to send their passport to another country through mail?? That sounds crazy.
Thanks!
Processing for most in Latin and South America goes through Mexico,

Reactions: swordfish485

ndhindsa

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
They can be in Canada or home country as long as IRCC has their current mailing address. My parents are planning to stay here for a year or so. Hoping to get the process finalized by then.

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Ideally if visa is not a problem, yes they can stay and do a virtual landing.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/pp-list.aspx
you can call the panel physician you plan to visit, in canada or in home country, to get an idea of the possible wait times, fees, procedures and documents you need to provide. Then you can make an informed decision.
Travelling is difficult for seniors, especially now, so better plan ahead.