+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

swapnali85

Jan 31, 2022
Here is my family (parents) sponsorship status & timeline, so far.

1. Application submitted via online portal is Nov 9, 2021

2. Received email from cic updated the program & category (it was blank at the time of submission) - Jan 14, 2022

3. Linked application in ircc (gc key) - Feb 01, 2022
(For linking application in gc key used primary applicant first name, last name. Date of birth, passport details, place of visit in canada, no of ppl is 4)

4. Current application status is submitted both in gc and portal - Feb 02, 2022

Hopefully this helps for others.

All the best.
When you received email on Jan 14th, was it a ghost email?

nilnitesh

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
I have seen this discussed in the FB forum within the "Parent and Grandparent Visa 2022" group. I hope this is a simple issue to rectify...
Actually I saw some earlier posts where some applicants did not get any email when IRCC returned the application and they just resubmitted it via the portal. However I believe that time this message “submission is closed for this category” was not there. I don’t know if its possible to resubmit now via portal if someone’s application returned without any submission instructions.

RRBP

Feb 3, 2022
Hi everyone,
I am new here. I applied fir my parents last year and still for sny email snd update.
I saw some of you said something about ghost email. What kind of email do you mean by that?
I also want to check my parents status but I don’t know how to do that?
They were here and just back to home country about a month ago, so I have their UCI number. I try thus UCI nunber for checking their application status, but it doesn’t allow me to go through? Is that any way I can check their status?

swordfish485

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Hey folks,
Received today a pdf saying my parent is eligible (CPCM / CTDM - OVS SPR Eligibility Decision Letter).
The thing is: My parent lives in Brazil, but the letter says it was sent to their office in Mexico. (!!??) Why not the office in the same country they are in? When the process is complete, is my parent going to have to send their passport to another country through mail?? That sounds crazy.
Thanks!

Last edited:

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Hey folks,
Received today a pdf saying my parent is eligible (CPCM / CTDM - OVS SPR Eligibility Decision Letter).
The thing is: My parent lives in Brazil, but the letter says it was sent to their office in Mexico. (!!??) Why not the office in the same country they are in? When the process is complete, is my parent going to have to send their passport to another country through mail?? That sounds crazy.
Thanks!
To your point if the initial application stated that your parent lives in Brazil why would the letter be sent to Mexico when a Canadian embassy already exists in Brazil ? did you communicate in sequence with Immigration Canada to enquire about it ,cause if there is a mistake then they should be informed ,question do you have access to see what is in the letter online or its not the case ?

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
To your point if the initial application stated that your parent lives in Brazil why would the letter be sent to Mexico when a Canadian embassy already exists in Brazil ? did you communicate in sequence with Immigration Canada to enquire about it ,cause if there is a mistake then they should be informed ,question do you have access to see what is in the letter online or its not the case ?
and can you please mention your timelines

swordfish485

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Parent lives in Brazil. Nothing in their profile mentions Mexico, only this communication from IRCC. Yes, I have access to the full communication. Timeline is Invitation in the 2021 process, sent all the documentation in October 2021. I'll get in touch with IRCC then, thanks for the help.

makskop

Feb 10, 2016
Hi All, I applied for my parents on Sep 28, got a ghost email on Nov 30 and received an email saying that I meet the eligibility to sponsor my parents on Jan 12. In the meantime my family situation has changed as I got a newborn. My question is when I’m going to inform ircc for the change do I need to attach any documents/forms or just to send them text message?

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Hi All, I applied for my parents on Sep 28, got a ghost email on Nov 30 and received an email saying that I meet the eligibility to sponsor my parents on Jan 12. In the meantime my family situation has changed as I got a newborn. My question is when I’m going to inform ircc for the change do I need to attach any documents/forms or just to send them text message?
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1395&top=14
Updates to your application
If you’ve been invited to apply and you have already submitted your application, you can update your information by sending us a request through our Web form.

you have to update information through the web form online immediately

arielnana

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, I would like to share my parent sponsorship application update here:

Oct13, 2021: submitted
Feb2, 2022: sponsorship eligibility passed

I want to know by this step if I should
1. link the My GCkey account
2. send medical report & police clearance report

Anything else? Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

ndhindsa

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Hi Everyone,
From what I have read, almost everyone who applied in late Sept and early Oct 2021 have received some sort of communication from IRCC.
I have not received anything. Do you have any suggestion for me if I should contact IRCC? someone has commented that they would only accept 30,000 applications. Is it possible for them to reject mine simply because they have selected 30000 applications to work on?

Below is my timeline:
Invitation Date: 24 Sep 21
Application Submission: 01 Oct 21
Number of Applicants: 3 (My parents and Myself as sponsor)

Thanks for your time :)

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Hi guys, I would like to share my parent sponsorship application update here:

Oct13, 2021: submitted
Feb3, 2022: sponsorship eligibility passed

I want to know by this step if I should
1. link the My GCkey account
2. send medical report & police clearance report

Anything else? Thank you in advance.
Please did you get an email informing you of passing sponsorship eligibility?