+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

YASH2021

Jan 26, 2022
Hi All,
I applied on Oct 27. No update yet, no ghost email or anything.
I am trying to link account with GCKey but no success yet. To link an account I am using PA's (my dad) name, dob and passport details. I am little confused how many people I have to select? Currently me and my wife are in Canada, we dont have kids. I am applying alone as my wife is not a co-signer on app. I am sponsoring both my dad and mom. Should I use 2 or 3 or 4 as family member list? Please advise. Thanks in advance.
IF your parents visit Canada before as visitor, they will have a UCI number on their visa stamp, try with UCI number and 4 family members.

Anne21

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
Wait for biometric or Medical email. Should come soon, in that application no. and UCI number will show up, you can then link GC key using that info.
Did you receive the medical request by email (sponsor or parents) or by GC Key messages?

sinab

Jan 16, 2016
Does anyone know if parents had done biometrics for a visitor visa before, do they need to redo biometrics for PR?

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
IF your parents visit Canada before as visitor, they will have a UCI number on their visa stamp, try with UCI number and 4 family members.
Hi Yash,
Yes they visited Canada in 2018. I tried with UCI also but no luck at all. I think another user also commented they applied on 14th Oct but unable to link to GCKey yet, so I will wait few more days and try again with all combinations. Thank you!

Chintan.patel

Oct 19, 2012
Category........
FAM
Received Biometric and Medical emails on Jan 28, Is is OK to do PCC right away, and upload when asked for ? PCC at times takes more than 30 days in my home country.
Nothing hurts (if it's not costly) to have PCC done early and keep a copy with you at the moment, who knows when IRCC will ask for it. If that PCC expires before IRCC asks, you can always do another PCC.

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Does anyone know if parents had done biometrics for a visitor visa before, do they need to redo biometrics for PR?
Usually biometrics are valid for 10 yrs. If you can link your application in GCKey, valid biometrics will appear with expiry date.

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Received Biometric and Medical emails on Jan 28, Is is OK to do PCC right away, and upload when asked for ? PCC at times takes more than 30 days in my home country.
Agree with @Chintan.pate
In some countries, you cannot request PCC without letter from CIC. You can certainly do it ahead of time if you can, but mind the expiration.
If you are worried about the 30 day time limit, once you requested PCC, submit webform to upload receipt and a letter of explanation to ask for more time.

ccua

Oct 20, 2021
Hello Everyone,
To be able to link the application to GCkey, who should create an IRCC account ? Should it be the principal applicant or the sponsor? I’m confused.
Thank you!

Krisv

Feb 2, 2022
Here is my family (parents) sponsorship status & timeline, so far.

1. Application submitted via online portal is Nov 9, 2021

2. Received email from cic updated the program & category (it was blank at the time of submission) - Jan 14, 2022

3. Linked application in ircc (gc key) - Feb 01, 2022
(For linking application in gc key used primary applicant first name, last name. Date of birth, passport details, place of visit in canada, no of ppl is 4)

4. Current application status is submitted both in gc and portal - Feb 02, 2022

Hopefully this helps for others.

All the best.

Last edited:

CarSam3474

Sep 28, 2021
Here is my family (parents) sponsorship status & timeline, so far.

1. Application submitted via online portal is Nov 9, 2021

2. Received email from cic updated the program & category (it was blank at the time of submission) - Jan 14, 2022

3. Linked application in ircc (gc key) - Feb 01, 2022
(For linking application in gc key used primary applicant first name, last name. Date of birth, passport details, place of visit in canada, no of ppl is 4)

4. Current application status is submitted both in gc and portal - Feb 02, 2022

Hopefully this helps for others.

All the best.

Thanks this is encouraging as I applied on Nov 14 but still nothing yet but appreciate you sharing.