+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

nilnitesh

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
In the intake process of parents and grandparents sponsorship page, it says to be considered within the cap - “Check to ensure the application has been received within 60 calendar days of the date on the invitation to apply letter”.

Now in the invitation letter it says two different thing- one to submit application within 60 days and in another one within December 6. I received invitation on September 28 and application was submitted on November 28. So basically its 61 days. Will this create any issues to be accepted within the cap?

jonacarl

Sep 5, 2019
I applied for their visitors visa after submitting the completing their pgp sponsorship (submitted Nov18)
They are already approved. Just a regular Visitors Visa though.
Time line for Visitor's Visa- Submitted : Nov 22 Biometrics request: Nov23 Bio done: Nov29 Passport request: Dec 2 Visa on Hand: Dec 12.
Hello Huwawei0314 - I am planning to apply for tourist visa for our mom, as well. You submitted yours last Nov 22 after submitting your PGP sponsorship, did you do this through the online portal as well?

huwawei0314

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Philippines
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
July 13, 2015
AOR Received.
August 13, 2015
File Transfer...
September 14, 2015
Med's Request
upfront - June10, 2015
Med's Done....
remed - June 10, 2016
Passport Req..
22-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2016
LANDED..........
07-09-2016
Hello Huwawei0314 - I am planning to apply for tourist visa for our mom, as well. You submitted yours last Nov 22 after submitting your PGP sponsorship, did you do this through the online portal as well?
yes I did. and it's pretty easy.

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Thanks for sharing this information. Was there any email alert to sponsor or principal applicant about given form being returned. We too left email address blank for my parents siblings, but I received a ghost update email alert with no actual update on portal status.
If there was no update on the portal status then it means you have nothing needing your attention. they send email correspondence only to the email you indicated on file. In my own case, I used my email address and not parents own.

Reactions: ashishm999

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
In the intake process of parents and grandparents sponsorship page, it says to be considered within the cap - “Check to ensure the application has been received within 60 calendar days of the date on the invitation to apply letter”.

Now in the invitation letter it says two different thing- one to submit application within 60 days and in another one within December 6. I received invitation on September 28 and application was submitted on November 28. So basically its 61 days. Will this create any issues to be accepted within the cap?
As long as you were able to successfully submit, you have met the submission deadline, otherwise it would be greyed out. They clarified that it is Dec 6 on IRCC twitter page

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016
Great. Doesn’t guarantee that they’ll be able to remain and get extensions until they get PR. Some “move” to Canada expecting that they won’t need to leave now that sponsorship has been submitted. Not guaranteed especially with a TRV. Depending on processing times it may be possible but make sure they do have an option to return home if needed.
I’m confused. I didn’t mention anything to the effect of staying in Canada and get extension till they finalize their PR sponsorship.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

nimarbrar

Star Member
Jul 20, 2015
Hey guys few questions please
1. Is there any requirement that sponsor has to PR for 3 consecutive years when they apply? I read somewhere on this forum but I don't see any information on cic regarding this
2. How are they going to send updates? Only Through portal? Only Through email? Or both? Do we have to link this is IRCC GICkey account or not??

Last edited:

Anne21

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
Hello every one, I have to submit signed 5406 for all dependents and self through email address but email address mentioned in ircc letter is very lengthy. has any one recd this letter for sending signed 5406 . email address is mentioned as IRCC.CPCMParentsand Grandparents-Parentsetgrands-parentsCTDM.IRCC@cic.gc.ca. Should I write all this long address as email?
Hi! May I ask when did you submit your application?

Amit1529

Aug 22, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Dec-2016
Doc's Request.
08-Mar-2017
AOR Received.
11-Dec-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
Will IRCC reject my application for not submitting the checklist and the invitation letter ?