+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Yes you can. Their application will be considered like any other visitor. They aren’t able to move to Canada until after getting PR so they will need to provide proof they have strong ties to their home country. Processing times can be 18-24 months so they may need to return home after 6+ months. A supervisa would probably be a better option.
The new portal is faster with approvals

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
i just wanted to mention that i got an update in my parents portal, Applied on Oct 17, they sent back iMM5406 as incomplete, I noticed I left some email address blank and they want me to put Not applicable if the person doesn't have one I guess, basically no blank spaces allowed.

I am updating it and would resubmit once that is done. For you guys that got ghost updates and didn't see anything when you logged on, it may mean your file has passed the first completeness check :) . All the best everyone

ccua

Oct 20, 2021
Definitely not under your work extended insurance coverage. (In general term, parents are not part of your immediate family for most policy. They are their own family unit)
You better budget these out of your pocket expenses once they got their PR approved and move to Canada. (dental, RMT, physio...etc)
I think there is some tax deductable related to caregiving to parents if they live with you. But I don't know the details. It's better to consult with an accountant.
Thank you!

Reactions: YVR123

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
i just wanted to mention that i got an update in my parents portal, Applied on Oct 17, they sent back iMM5406 as incomplete, I noticed I left some email address blank and they want me to put Not applicable if the person doesn't have one I guess, basically no blank spaces allowed.

I am updating it and would resubmit once that is done. For you guys that got ghost updates and didn't see anything when you logged on, it may mean your file has passed the first completeness check :) . All the best everyone
Great news for those like me worrying about the whole package being kicked back 6 months later...Thanks for the info, very helpful! All the best to you!

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Great news for those like me worrying about the whole package being kicked back 6 months later...Thanks for the info, very helpful! All the best to you!
Yeah, good thing is it didn't take as long as 6 months to get a kickback :) .Thanks for the well wishes, we are all in this together and it would end well by Gods grace

Reactions: huwawei0314

Ahmedsh

Dec 13, 2021

That was an easy fix - phew.
The statement you made above "For you guys that got ghost updates and didn't see anything when you logged on, it may mean your file has passed the first completeness check", is this your own assumption or is it thru the Immigration officer?

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
That was an easy fix - phew.
The statement you made above "For you guys that got ghost updates and didn't see anything when you logged on, it may mean your file has passed the first completeness check", is this your own assumption or is it thru the Immigration officer?
hahah, I used the word May;), I thought it was a ghost update until I logged in and saw that 'Submitted' had changed to 'Returned' and I could view and edit the forms again.

From the tracker, https://immitrackerpro.com/ca/pgp I noticed that some people got similar requests (5406 form), and it looks like IRCC is working in batches based on submission date, some got Additional Requests and some only got ghost updates. So it may mean that they are checking for completeness and passing it on to the next stage which would be AOR.

Fingers crossed really :)

Reactions: Ahmedsh

Ahmedsh

Dec 13, 2021
hahah, I used the word May;), I thought it was a ghost update until I logged in and saw that 'Submitted' had changed to 'Returned' and I could view and edit the forms again.

From the tracker, https://immitrackerpro.com/ca/pgp I noticed that some people got similar requests (5406 form), and it looks like IRCC is working in batches based on submission date, some got Additional Requests and some only got ghost updates. So it may mean that they are checking for completeness and passing it on to the next stage which would be AOR.

Your logic makes sense... Your "may" word creates lots of sense too.

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016
Yes you can. Their application will be considered like any other visitor. They aren’t able to move to Canada until after getting PR so they will need to provide proof they have strong ties to their home country. Processing times can be 18-24 months so they may need to return home after 6+ months. A supervisa would probably be a better option.
My parents visitors visa just got approved and they have parent sponsorship submitted also. Tho the parent sponsorship app was still in submitted status when their visitors visa got approved

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
Hi, I am trying to complete the imm5669 form. It says to type or print (I guess I can write then?). the instruction guide, it says write NA if not applicable but the on imm5669 forms, it's says to leave blank on say diploma certificate if you don't have any. So do I enter NA or leave blank? Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks
Hi Everyone, this is not related to the application process but just wanted to see if anyone knows the answer to this:
Once our parents are here (God willing), are we able to add them as dependents in our work insurance coverage and as dependents for tax purposes?
the private insurance ( related to your work insurance ) doesnt cover any independant beyond 25 years so no, you can get the regular medical coverage and you cannot right off a thing remember that the undertaking ,when it comes to your sponsorship is very clear that you are fully responsible about your parents so make sure not to seek any welfare or aid from the government cause if they get you need to pay it back .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My parents visitors visa just got approved and they have parent sponsorship submitted also. Tho the parent sponsorship app was still in submitted status when their visitors visa got approved
Great. Doesn’t guarantee that they’ll be able to remain and get extensions until they get PR. Some “move” to Canada expecting that they won’t need to leave now that sponsorship has been submitted. Not guaranteed especially with a TRV. Depending on processing times it may be possible but make sure they do have an option to return home if needed.

ashishm999

Star Member
Nov 7, 2021

Thanks for sharing this information. Was there any email alert to sponsor or principal applicant about given form being returned. We too left email address blank for my parents siblings, but I received a ghost update email alert with no actual update on portal status.

swordfish485

Star Member
Feb 17, 2016
Hi everyone. I just logged into the PR Portal and now the cells under Program and Category are blank. The name and date are still there, but I was wondering if this happened to anyone else?