+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

bhatiab

Jul 3, 2015
Hello,

This maybe the stupidest question but I want to make sure I'm doing it correctly. I'm sponsoring my father and mother with my mother being the principal applicant. I have created one application in my mother's name and added my father as a dependent spouse.

Now read the following in the instructions page on official site. My question is am I correct in creating one application per family or I need 2 application (one per person)

Note: if more than one parent or grandparent is applying on their own as principal applicants, they must create their own portal account and electronically sign their own application.

love4immigration

Jan 26, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys

I am an IT Consultant and Have my own incorporation. and I pay salary to myself every month. Thats the only source of income for me.

Now in Form IMM5768, do I chose "Self Employed" or "Employer" and give my Incorporation as my employer (As per T4)?

Also, in the gross income section, If I say "self employed" do I give the gross income of the company? or just the gross salary I pay to myself in a year?

If I mention employer ofcourse I have to give only Gross income of myself.

Please help? what is the right way to fill out the forms.
Select employed since you will be paying personal tax as well as corporation tax and you will also have a T4. In case of self employed all money goes into the personal tax.

love4immigration

Jan 26, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

This maybe the stupidest question but I want to make sure I'm doing it correctly. I'm sponsoring my father and mother with my mother being the principal applicant. I have created one application in my mother's name and added my father as a dependent spouse.

Now read the following in the instructions page on official site. My question is am I correct in creating one application per family or I need 2 application (one per person)

Note: if more than one parent or grandparent is applying on their own as principal applicants, they must create their own portal account and electronically sign their own application.
One application for both parent. One will be primary applicant other will be dependent.

Punjab2Canada

Star Member
Jul 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5, 2014<br/>Payment Charged....: Sep 23, 2014 (DD)<br/>PER Received....: Oct 1, 2014<br/>Interview........: Jan 8, 2015
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 17, 2015<br/>Med's Received....: Jan 25, 2015
Passport Req..
March 3, 2015<br/>Passport Sent....: March 5, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 2, 2015<br/>Passport Returned....: March 21, 2015
Can anyone confirm the submission deadline, 60 days from the email receipt or Dec 6?

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016
I need advice please.
Just realized my 2018 income’s only good for sponsorship of one parent rather than the two i was hoping to do. If i decide to sponsor one parent and the other parent is non-accompanying, does it still count towards my income?
I’m sorry, but IRCC will still count the other parent.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

James321

Jan 16, 2019
Hello I am confused about one thing. i am going to submit the application for my mother sponsorship. we have signed use of representative form. I dont understand what is it about her portal. it says she has to create portal herself. what is the use of her creating the portal. PLEASE HELP i am very confused.
If the representative form was signed and you are your mom's representative. Then you can apply online on befalf of your mom. That means that you can create her profile and upload documents.
The only thing -. your mom will have to physically type in her name (electronically sign) in background declaration and when submitting the application.

Please read the GUIDE

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

syedgj

Aug 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad (unfortunately)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-11
Doc's Request.
7-Jul-12
File Transfer...
7-Dec-11
Passport Req..
11-Aug-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-13
LANDED..........
07-Feb-14
Can anyone confirm the submission deadline, 60 days from the email receipt or Dec 6?
Good question. The invitation to apply letter contains 2 back to back conflicting statements: '60 days from the date of this email' & 'must receive on or before December 6'. smh

syedgj

Aug 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-11
Doc's Request.
7-Jul-12
File Transfer...
7-Dec-11
Passport Req..
11-Aug-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-13
LANDED..........
07-Feb-14
for applicants' passport scans of all pages, is that just the current passport or all previous as well?

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
hello Guys,
I am sure there are many whatsapp groups too to track the application status. I have also created a group. Feel free to join.

https://chat.whatsapp.com/H89tUUFGLiW9qgT6TCMFTF
I think the best way to track application status is through the existing tracker available, that way we can all see updates at a glance.

Having different whatsapp group for same purpose may not be efficient.

Here is the link to the tracker, if everyone that has submitted update their information, its easy to monitor movements.

https://immitrackerpro.com/ca/pgp?fbclid=IwAR0wp-ri8rOxldGbgGyBrLBvpqq7scGDMDOCUdDO94kc80t1ViI9M4cMrbM

Reactions: wvo2017

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Hi there,
The tracker shows that someone submitted the application on Sep 29th and received a request to submit additional documents
Could you please share more details? is that form wasn't submitted originally?
Looks like Additional family information, maybe the person missed it out. It feels good to know that they have started looking at the files for completeness at least

syedgj

Aug 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-11
Doc's Request.
7-Jul-12
File Transfer...
7-Dec-11
Passport Req..
11-Aug-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-13
LANDED..........
07-Feb-14
I called them and they said for safety side - count 60 days from the email received date
Yikes, gotta hurry up. Thanks for the confirmation.

Fred200a

Feb 20, 2017
Hello everyone,
I realized that forms IMM0008, IMM5406 etc. are to be filled online on the application page, do i still need to upload these forms again if i have filled it online on the application page.

syedgj

Aug 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-11
Doc's Request.
7-Jul-12
File Transfer...
7-Dec-11
Passport Req..
11-Aug-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-13
LANDED..........
07-Feb-14
Hello everyone,
I realized that forms IMM0008, IMM5406 etc. are to be filled online on the application page, do i still need to upload these forms again if i have filled it online on the application page.
no need to upload, those two are filled directly in the webpage.