+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Raj2202

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Hi There

Do we have to fill out "Supplementary information - Your travels" for all the children who are not dependent and not travelling with parents?

As a child to my parents and a Canadian citzen do I have to update all of my travel records also in the form? My sister and Brother are not dependent on my parents but they have travel history, do I have to update their travel records also?

Little confused, Please help.

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
Hi There

Do we have to fill out "Supplementary information - Your travels" for all the children who are not dependent and not travelling with parents?

As a child to my parents and a Canadian citzen do I have to update all of my travel records also in the form? My sister and Brother are not dependent on my parents but they have travel history, do I have to update their travel records also?

Little confused, Please help.
You need to fill the form only for the principal applicant and the dependents

cam_meh

Dec 21, 2020
Hello everyone, I have my spouse as a co-signer. What will be my spouse’s family size in employment history section? We don’t have kids and my spouse’s parents are in India. Please advise. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

sraboni5

Star Member
Jun 6, 2016
Unless your father doesn't plan to come to Canada to land at all, I don't think it's worth the effort.

This is unusal to change principle applicant. (usually only happen when the PA passed away and the dependent spouse is made the PA instead)

They will both go through the same medical, police and security check.
Sorry I mistyped. I meant my mother as principal applicant and father as non-accompanying spouse. Will accompanying spouse also needs to go through medical and security check?

music44

Star Member
Feb 5, 2015
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Thank You for great information shared here.

Can someone please help me by guiding what should I add in CV? my mother is home maker and dad is retired what kind of format should I use?
And anyone who has submitted application and got update on their file?

Thank You in Advance

love4immigration

Jan 26, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry I mistyped. I meant my mother as principal applicant and father as non-accompanying spouse. Will accompanying spouse also needs to go through medical and security check?
Even if your father is non accompanying, he still needs to finish medical and pcc.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
YES. Spouse needs to go through all the checks. accompanying or not.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello everyone, I have my spouse as a co-signer. What will be my spouse’s family size in employment history section? We don’t have kids and my spouse’s parents are in India. Please advise. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.
Your spouse's family size is she and you.... I don't understand your question. (That's IRCC's definition of immedicate family)

Mimikoms

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
I need advice please.
Just realized my 2018 income’s only good for sponsorship of one parent rather than the two i was hoping to do. If i decide to sponsor one parent and the other parent is non-accompanying, does it still count towards my income?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I need advice please.
Just realized my 2018 income’s only good for sponsorship of one parent rather than the two i was hoping to do. If i decide to sponsor one parent and the other parent is non-accompanying, does it still count towards my income?
You must include all family members with your income even if non-accompanying.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7 and YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I need advice please.
You can apply for only 1 parent and another as non-accompanying BUT your income need to meet for BOTH parents. So putting one as non-accompanying is NOT a solution for your case. You do not meet the minimum income to sponsor.

Raj2202

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Hello guys

I am an IT Consultant and Have my own incorporation. and I pay salary to myself every month. Thats the only source of income for me.

Now in Form IMM5768, do I chose "Self Employed" or "Employer" and give my Incorporation as my employer (As per T4)?

Also, in the gross income section, If I say "self employed" do I give the gross income of the company? or just the gross salary I pay to myself in a year?

If I mention employer ofcourse I have to give only Gross income of myself.

Please help? what is the right way to fill out the forms.

vinay909

Sep 15, 2020
Hello I am confused about one thing. i am going to submit the application for my mother sponsorship. we have signed use of representative form. I dont understand what is it about her portal. it says she has to create portal herself. what is the use of her creating the portal. PLEASE HELP i am very confused.