+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016
Hello,

I expressed interest to sponsor my parents under Parents and GrandParents program last year 2020 and I'm invited to apply to sponsor for my Parents and GrandParents program

CIC advised to fill the forms and submit as per the checklist imm5771e

The question I have is, do I need to fill forms separately, each for my dad and for my mom?

Or does my invitation only applies for one parent? Or should I list one of them as dependent?

Or Do I need to start new application for each one of them?

Please advise
It will be one application on the online portal. One of your parent will be the principal applicant, the other parent will be dependent.

Invitation applies to both parents as long as you added both parent when you submitted your interest to sponsor.

rhea2722

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
3.That's if you are using a paid representative or someone else. In this case both forms are required. For the sponsor and the person being sponsored.

If you want to serve as a representative for your parents then one form is enough.

4. ALL PAGES.
Thanks James. Wondering if you missed answering the first two questions in my list? :)

1. IMM 5669 - Schedule A: Background/Declaration -
Should I add details about my brother in this form, who is not a dependent of my parents?

2. Biometrics - My parents applied for their Canada Visitor Visa in 2016. They gave their BIOMETRICS then, however I don't know their UCI number. Should I pay the biometric fee as well for my parents?

vw@ut033

Jun 30, 2017
Hi

In IMM 5406 and IMM 5669 do we have to enter the names of Applicants father, mother, spouse and childrens in native language or just the applicant name alone in native language?

Thanks

James321

Jan 16, 2019
Thanks James. Wondering if you missed answering the first two questions in my list? :)

1. IMM 5669 - Schedule A: Background/Declaration -
Should I add details about my brother in this form, who is not a dependent of my parents?

2. Biometrics - My parents applied for their Canada Visitor Visa in 2016. They gave their BIOMETRICS then, however I don't know their UCI number. Should I pay the biometric fee as well for my parents?
1. Please read the guide. It is pretty detailed and straight. No one will be doing that for you.
Does the form require the principal applicant to add any information about the dependents other then spouse? Just follow the questions.
2. I would pay just to be on a safe side. You can always get reimbursement later if the biometrics are not required in case of your parents.
Hope this helps.

Elchinec

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
In form 5768, in the employment history, the first line must include the most recent period (till present) and the gross income.
Since we are in Nov 2021, do i just put my gross Year-to-Date income from my payslip? Then explain in a separate attachment that this is from my payslip etc?

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
In form 5768, in the employment history, the first line must include the most recent period (till present) and the gross income.
Since we are in Nov 2021, do i just put my gross Year-to-Date income from my payslip? Then explain in a separate attachment that this is from my payslip etc?
I put the year to date income and attached the most recent pay stub that I had an mentioned it in the explanation letter

Reactions: Elchinec

Elchinec

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
One more thing. If the spouse is not a co-signer, do i still need to report her employment status in Q15?
Leaving Q16 blank

Aman.ghafar

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Hi All,

Would be grateful if I can get some guidance here.

I was invited to apply to sponsor my parents. In the Application to Sponsor form, there is a question "Have you submitted a previous application in respect of which a final decision has not been made for the person being sponsored and their family members?"

I had applied for a super visa for my parents and then midway through its processing, this invitation for Sponsoring came through. I would rather get the sponsorship done. However, the super visa application is still under processing. Does this mean I answer "Yes" to the above question? If I do, I will not be eligible to sponsor. Is there a way I can withdraw my super visa application?

Nisha_Litty

Jul 26, 2016
Hello all,
I am trying to upload documents for my parents on online portal.

It give me error since many days, I tried to call CIC many times but no luck as they have many calls on hold and no enough space in queue.

anyone experience similar issue?

Error: There was a technical error when handling your request. Please try again later.

Any suggestion?
Thanks
Please check the size of your file it should be less than 4 MB

santoshreddyc

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
Hi

In IMM 5406 and IMM 5669 do we have to enter the names of Applicants father, mother, spouse and childrens in native language or just the applicant name alone in native language?

Thanks
Everyone, copy & paste from Google translator.

PGP2021Visa

Nov 5, 2021
hey all, im writing some of the forms that requires the name to be written in both English and Native Langaguage. I'm writing the name first in ENglish then on the same line in Native language. I hope thats right. Also , not enough space to write the name fully since my father and grandfather has long names. i get error "
The maximum character length is 63 characters. " what can i do ?

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
hey all, im writing some of the forms that requires the name to be written in both English and Native Langaguage. I'm writing the name first in ENglish then on the same line in Native language. I hope thats right. Also , not enough space to write the name fully since my father and grandfather has long names. i get error "
The maximum character length is 63 characters. " what can i do ?
This is from the application guide

If you need more space for any section, include an additional pagecontaining the appropriate section, complete it and upload it with your application. For the document type, choose “other.”

Reactions: PGP2021Visa