+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

ccua

Oct 20, 2021
Your wife only counts from the year you got married. You don’t qualify if you don’t meet LICO for your family size. $1700 is a significant amount.
Hi, just wanted to clarify your answer to this as i have the same question. My husband and I got married in Oct. 2018 and he is my co signer. Do i include all his income in 2018 or just from Oct going forward? Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, just wanted to clarify your answer to this as i have the same question. My husband and I got married in Oct. 2018 and he is my co signer. Do i include all his income in 2018 or just from Oct going forward? Thank you
You can count his income from 2018

Reactions: ccua

santoshreddyc

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
02-03-2017
Hello,
I've 4 siblings back home but none of them are dependent on my parents. So, do I still need to mention them under "Add dependents" in below forms:
Generic Appl form - IMM 0008
Additional Family Information form - IMM 5406

If I include then will they need to be counted for Financial Evaluation for Parents & Grandparents sponsorship form.

Appreciate if someone can advise me please. Thanks.

5hr3wd

Jul 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville --> CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-July-2013
AOR Received.
15-August-2013
Med's Done....
05-June-2013
Passport Req..
AIP 09-July-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 09-July-2014
LANDED..........
15-August-2014
Hi all, the invitation letter says 60 days from email (sept23 so nov 23) and also says must receive by december 6 as another deadline. Which one would the deadline actually be? Did anyone else notice this?

akd2250

Sep 21, 2021
Toronto
All,

My mother's name is xxxx in my birth certificate. She in 2013 changed her name to yyyy and the new name has been attested by government officials.
My mother's date of birth according to her passport is 1955. But few other documents carry her date of birth as 1963. Now when the government attested my mother's new name or the name change, they have her date of birth mentioned as 1963.

I'm sponsoring her for her PR now and I have to submit my birth certificate that has her old name and the government papers where they have acknowledged her name change. But what about her date of birth being stated as 1963 as opposed to her passport date of birth as 1955 ?

Could anyone help me out ? What should i do in this case?

P.S : My mother is from india.
I don't think you need to submit your mother's birth certificate. they will go with passport date of birth for her age.
in regards to name. you can make an affidavit that your mom will need to sign and get attested. as i had the same issue. send me your email address i can send you the sample letter.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
Hi all, the invitation letter says 60 days from email (sept23 so nov 23) and also says must receive by december 6 as another deadline. Which one would the deadline actually be? Did anyone else notice this?
My invitation letter was for sep 28, so 60 days would be nov 28 but I had the December 6 as another deadline as well. Not clear to me why they are different. I would go with nov 23 in your case to be safe

Reactions: 5hr3wd

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Hi,
I submitted my parents application on oct 24. I uploaded only the stamped pages of their passports, not all the pages. I realized now that it should be all the pages even the blank ones. what i should do now? please help
I am in the same shoes as yours, I am not sweating it since I already submitted before I realized they wanted all pages, if it is incomplete and returned, you do not loose your slot. You simply just update with the required document and resubmit. For people that are yet to submit, they have the opportunity to get it right at once.

Last edited:

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Yes I did apply for their visitors visa in July 2021, and from the look of things, it doesn’t look like IRCC will process those applications in time. I know that the other option is to reapply on the new portal which I see that is now faster. I would like to give it some time but if they don’t process it in time then I will have no choice but to pay another fee and reapply. I am trying to see if PR application in process affect approval of future visitor visa. Thanks
I can confirm that it doesn't affect visitors visa application cos they approved my parents in laws visa with the new portal, I reapplied with the new portal Sept 21 (previous application was Nov 2020, No traction per GCMS note) and submitted the PR sponsorship after that. So they literally had 3 applications for same persons.

nilnitesh

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Could anyone please help me with the below question? Thanks in advance

“in IMM008, it says include the mailing address of your representative (which you used in IMM5476). I am wondering, as I am helping my parents as a family representative so should I include my mailing address under this mailing address section in IMM008?”

cardenci

Nov 7, 2021
guys,
the form IMM5768 ( financial evaluation ) , i cant enter the number in the first box ( YOU) .... what can i do print it and do it manually ????
anyone's same issue ???

cardenci

Nov 7, 2021
Could anyone please help me with the below question? Thanks in advance

“in IMM008, it says include the mailing address of your representative (which you used in IMM5476). I am wondering, as I am helping my parents as a family representative so should I include my mailing address under this mailing address section in IMM008?”
yes put all your info..im doing the same thing for my parents