+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

cardenci

Nov 7, 2021
Hi,

Can anyone confirm if we need to physically sign the IMM1344 form?
After I click Validate button on the form, it clearly says "If you are applying online, you do not need to sign your application from by hand. You will be asked to provide an electronic signature once you are ready to transmit your documents to CIC.". But the guide says we need to print and sign this form. There is no mention of online application in the guide.
I dont have that button "Validate " where di you get that form from ?? from the portal?

clau2021

Oct 26, 2021
Hello Folks,
About uploading supporting documentation, I have my mum's birth certificate translated and certified, which option I should choose when selecting your document type and upload it, Translation and affidavit or other?
Thank you
Does anyone can give me an advice please?

James321

Jan 16, 2019
Hi,

Can anyone confirm if we need to physically sign the IMM1344 form?
After I click Validate button on the form, it clearly says "If you are applying online, you do not need to sign your application from by hand. You will be asked to provide an electronic signature once you are ready to transmit your documents to CIC.". But the guide says we need to print and sign this form. There is no mention of online application in the guide.
YOU NEED TO SING THE FORM. PRINT IT OUT AND SEND IT TO YOUR PARENTS WHO ALSO NEED TO SIGN. THEN YOU GET THE FORM BACK FROM YOU PARENTS AND UPLOAD IT ON PERMANENT RESIDENCY PORTAL. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY. OTHERWISE IT WILL BE REJECTED.

AND PLEASE PEOPLE.

BEFORE ASKING SUCH QUESTIONS.

READ THE GUIDE!!!

HERE IS THE LINK:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

THIS IS ALL YOU NEED.

DO NOT BE LAZY.

James321

Jan 16, 2019
YOU NEED TO SING THE FORM. PRINT IT OUT AND SEND IT TO YOUR PARENTS WHO ALSO NEED TO SIGN. THEN YOU GET THE FORM BACK FROM YOUR PARENTS AND UPLOAD IT ON PERMANENT RESIDENCY PORTAL. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY. OTHERWISE IT WILL BE REJECTED.

AND PLEASE PEOPLE.

BEFORE ASKING SUCH QUESTIONS.

READ THE GUIDE!!!

HERE IS THE LINK:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

THIS IS ALL YOU NEED.

DO NOT BE LAZY.

Reactions: akd2250

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016
same situation. i applied for visitor visa on march 2021 and so far no response. i decided to reapply again for visitor visa and same time sponsorship parents... of course my priority is to submit asap the sponsorship bc is deadline.
Sounds good. Just thinking of the excuse IRCC uses to deny visitors visa which is intent. They believe since the person will eventually get their PR then they might decide to over stay their visa and just wait for their PR to get approved while here in Canada .

manie

Star Member
Jun 14, 2009
I have just submitted my parent application. The online PR portal is weird. For the past 2 weeks, I was uploading whatever documents I have and keeping them ready. Today, I tried to sign and submit the application finally, I noticed that it did not show any supporting documents uploads, only it shows the processing fee receipt. I was shocked and tried to sign out and re-login. then I can see all the supporting documents uploads. Anyone experience this issue. Thanks

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
hi all, can someone help me out.
i'm looking to sponsor my 2 siblings and parents. one of my sibling is 23, but he was and still is dependent financially to my father. ICRC says, if child 22 or over, must be dependent financially AND have mental or physical condition. Does this mean that my brother has be financially dependant and is either mentally sick or physically disabled and cannot work due to that ? He has been studying continuously. Please help if anyone know.
Yes. That's what the instruction means. If he chooses to study and becomes financially dependant, it's a choice.
Only if he's mentally or physically disable and that's NOT a choice to become a dependent of your parents.

He cannot be included in the sponsorship application.

Last edited:

nilnitesh

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
Hello All, in IMM008, it says include the mailing address of your representative (which you used in IMM5476). I am wondering, as I am helping my parents as a family representative so should I include my mailing address under parents mailing address in IMM008?

SoSaPB

Star Member
Dec 10, 2018
If we dont have Marriage certi, we give affidavit, voter id .. but then is it necessary to give letter of explanation?

Jasmeet0101

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
I have just submitted my parent application. The online PR portal is weird. For the past 2 weeks, I was uploading whatever documents I have and keeping them ready. Today, I tried to sign and submit the application finally, I noticed that it did not show any supporting documents uploads, only it shows the processing fee receipt. I was shocked and tried to sign out and re-login. then I can see all the supporting documents uploads. Anyone experience this issue. Thanks
Hello,

Yes I had the same issue, all the forms gone, but then when i uploaded again 1 form, then all the uploaded docs started showing again

Could be cache issue on website

Thanks,
J

Reactions: manie

edinera

Apr 16, 2016
All,

My mother's name is xxxx in my birth certificate. She in 2013 changed her name to yyyy and the new name has been attested by government officials.
My mother's date of birth according to her passport is 1955. But few other documents carry her date of birth as 1963. Now when the government attested my mother's new name or the name change, they have her date of birth mentioned as 1963.

I'm sponsoring her for her PR now and I have to submit my birth certificate that has her old name and the government papers where they have acknowledged her name change. But what about her date of birth being stated as 1963 as opposed to her passport date of birth as 1955 ?

Could anyone help me out ? What should i do in this case?

P.S : My mother is from india.

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
Same thing happened to me. I signed out and signed in and I could see the documents again

Reactions: manie