+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Oct 29, 2021
Hello,

Can anyone share the format of CV which needs to be submitted for the Parents & also is CV for only Principal Applicant or for the dependant as well?

Oct 29, 2021
Hi,
Additional family info form is to be completed online but how you enter names in native language. Also, do we need to enter details of children of principal applicant in this form if they are already pr and in Canada because online form ask for details of children who are not pr
Yes, you should list all children even if they are PR

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Makes sense. Thank you very much for all the info.

One last thing, I've been reading on this forum, about the login to the portal using the PA's email. Unfortunately, I used my own email to create an account and login to the portal. Would that cause a lot of issues? I did the same thing when I applied for their visitor visa as well, and thought of doing the same for this application as well. I will be filling the representative form and name myself as the rep. Does it really matter whose email we use to login to the portal?
Hi. The email address is just for correspondence. It doesn't matter whose email address you use to login. What is important is the letter of invitation received and the supporting documentations in the checklist

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Hello,

Can anyone share the format of CV which needs to be submitted for the Parents & also is CV for only Principal Applicant or for the dependant as well?
There is no exact format, it just a regular resume. It is required for the PA and his or her dependants being sponsored

Oct 29, 2021
Hello,

for Form IMM 5768; Question 14 - Employment History for past 3 years - what do I put in Family Size? Is it the size including my parents whom i am sponsoring now or without them?

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Hello,

for Form IMM 5768; Question 14 - Employment History for past 3 years - what do I put in Family Size? Is it the size including my parents whom i am sponsoring now or without them?
It is the family size for those years, it does not include the people being sponsored

clau2021

Oct 26, 2021
Question 7 should be a total of question 2 to 6. I would expect question 2- 1, question 3- 1, question 5- 1 which totals 3 in question 7. Meaning 2 in your household and 1 person being sponsored
Thank you very much for answering.
Since my husband is co-signing then Should I answer 2 on question #3?

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Are you sure about this? Couldn't find anything about this in the application guide
My understanding is that no 3 already captures the persons being sponsored. No 14 is basically the employment history, and the family size for the previous years. IRCC would use the NOA to determine the eligibility based on the table they already provided. I checked online and found this link. please fast-forward to 20 mins, she shares a similar view as well.

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Thank you very much for answering.
Since my husband is co-signing then Should I answer 2 on question #3?
The persons you are sponsoring is #3 (if your parents only, then 2) . if your spouse is a co-signer, then you would put 1 in #5, your child(ren) if any would be in #6. #7 is the total including yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: clau2021