+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Oct 14, 2021
Hi,

I'm in the process of filling out the forms for my in-laws and have a doubt about a section in IMMI0008. It's asking to specify the national identity details. My in-laws are residents of Oman, but Indian citizens. They've been living in Oman for over 30 years. Which national identity details do I fill out here?

Also, do we have to fill out each form twice changing the principal applicant to the Mother and then the Father?

Mar 6, 2016
hello, in parent's and grandparent's invitation to apply letter; do I have to write a letter or should I upload the letter that IRCC sent for the invitation?

lovie

Oct 9, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/09/2009
Doc's Request.
18/11/2009
AOR Received.
25/07/2010
File Transfer...
In process : 25/04/2012
Med's Request
11/06/2012
Med's Done....
14/06/2012! Received at LVO on 26/06/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26/07/2012
VISA ISSUED...
17/08/2012
LANDED..........
October 1 '12
Hi

1. Since the form is asking for your dads travel history, you would have to provide it as well as marriage certificate
2. It is ok to put on the resume and employment history that she is a home maker
4. For the income requirement, line 15000 of your NOA for the 2018,2019 and 2020 year is what they are interested in. You have to check that you meet the income requirement stated on the website regardless of whether its maternity leave.
5. You can sponsor both parents if you meet the income requirement regardless of whether you indicated only 1 in your interest to sponsor
Thanks so much for your reply

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Hi,

I'm in the process of filling out the forms for my in-laws and have a doubt about a section in IMMI0008. It's asking to specify the national identity details. My in-laws are residents of Oman, but Indian citizens. They've been living in Oman for over 30 years. Which national identity details do I fill out here?

Also, do we have to fill out each form twice changing the principal applicant to the Mother and then the Father?
You will designate one person as the principal and the other as dependant. IMM 008 will be completed for both. For the national identity details, it is not a mandatory requirement, as long as they have a valid passport, if they dont have national identity card, then you say No. If they do, you can provide the details of the valid one they have

lovie

Oct 9, 2011
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/09/2009
Doc's Request.
18/11/2009
AOR Received.
25/07/2010
File Transfer...
In process : 25/04/2012
Med's Request
11/06/2012
Med's Done....
14/06/2012! Received at LVO on 26/06/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26/07/2012
VISA ISSUED...
17/08/2012
LANDED..........
October 1 '12
Hi Everyone

My mom has been staying here with us in Canada and her visitor record expiry date is 16/03/2022.

My question is while her PR application is underway can I submit another application for visitor extension as I still want her to stay with me here ? Also is it possible to obtain permanent residence like in her case in Canada itself or does she have to exit the country at some point in the process. Also wondering if medical exam would be possible here.

Thanks a bunch !

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi Everyone

My mom has been staying here with us in Canada and her visitor record expiry date is 16/03/2022.

My question is while her PR application is underway can I submit another application for visitor extension as I still want her to stay with me here ? Also is it possible to obtain permanent residence like in her case in Canada itself or does she have to exit the country at some point in the process. Also wondering if medical exam would be possible here.

Thanks a bunch !
apply to extend her stay before expiry.
She can get her medical done here.
She can land inside. In the passport request letter, there is usually an option to land within Canada. The exact process will depend on what's done by then. (recently been seeing eCOPR and "elanding".)

Oct 14, 2021
You will designate one person as the principal and the other as dependant. IMM 008 will be completed for both. For the national identity details, it is not a mandatory requirement, as long as they have a valid passport, if they dont have national identity card, then you say No. If they do, you can provide the details of the valid one they have

Thank you for the info. Just want to clarify about the documents. You mentioned that IMM 008 has to be completed for both. What about forms IMM 1344, IMM 5669, IMM 5406? Do these forms also have to be completed for both, swapping the principal applicant? IMM 1344 doesn't have fields for the dependent of the principal applicant, so I'm assuming both have to fill it out, print, sign and upload? Similarly, form 5406 asks for the principal applicants family info, including the dependent, but no the dependent's family info. So I'm assuming this also has to be filled for both?

Please advise!!

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Thank you for the info. Just want to clarify about the documents. You mentioned that IMM 008 has to be completed for both. What about forms IMM 1344, IMM 5669, IMM 5406? Do these forms also have to be completed for both, swapping the principal applicant? IMM 1344 doesn't have fields for the dependent of the principal applicant, so I'm assuming both have to fill it out, print, sign and upload? Similarly, form 5406 asks for the principal applicants family info, including the dependent, but no the dependent's family info. So I'm assuming this also has to be filled for both?

Please advise!!
Hi, You are not swapping principal applicant. If you decide your Dad is the PA, you fill the form for him and then add a dependant who is ur mum. It will come up with the same form for her. so it is one form when you look at the dashboard.

IMM 1344 is for the sponsor to complete and sign off on, the PA also signs off

IMM5406 is for family details. the PA is expected to fill one for the dependent as well same with IMM 5669

The document checklist may guide on which forms are to be filled

dsahota11

Jul 23, 2018
Hi Everyone,
Hope everyone is doing well.

I have a question. When I filled my Additional Family information Form for my PR, I added my father's name spelling as it was written in my passport. Now I am sponsoring him and the spelling on his passport is slightly different. Do you think we need to submit the same name affidavit explaining this? Should it be him for this affidavit or me? or he can just submit a letter of explanation with the explanation.

He had applied and successfully got a visitor visa in past on an invitation letter submitted by me his son. So, I am not sure. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Oct 14, 2021
Hi, You are not swapping principal applicant. If you decide your Dad is the PA, you fill the form for him and then add a dependant who is ur mum. It will come up with the same form for her. so it is one form when you look at the dashboard.

IMM 1344 is for the sponsor to complete and sign off on, the PA also signs off

IMM5406 is for family details. the PA is expected to fill one for the dependent as well same with IMM 5669

The document checklist may guide on which forms are to be filled
Makes sense. Thank you very much for all the info.

One last thing, I've been reading on this forum, about the login to the portal using the PA's email. Unfortunately, I used my own email to create an account and login to the portal. Would that cause a lot of issues? I did the same thing when I applied for their visitor visa as well, and thought of doing the same for this application as well. I will be filling the representative form and name myself as the rep. Does it really matter whose email we use to login to the portal?

April1990

Oct 22, 2021
regarding IMM0008 not updating nor saving , I managed to solve it .the issue was with dates in the country of residensy ; starting and end.
problem solved . wish all the best

Garryhothi

Apr 17, 2017
Hi,
Additional family info form is to be completed online but how you enter names in native language. Also, do we need to enter details of children of principal applicant in this form if they are already pr and in Canada because online form ask for details of children who are not pr