Waived
Passport Req..
26/07/2012
VISA ISSUED...
17/08/2012
LANDED..........
October 1 '12
Hi everyone

I got invitation to apply this year finally !

I have a few questions about the application .
1. I am sponsoring my Mom and in the form it's also asking to submit travel history for my dad even though I am not sponsoring him and he is not accompanying my mom to Canada . Should I just leave that section blank or am I really filling the travel history form for my dad as well??

2. Also my mom has been a homemaker all her life so should I just upload a word document explaining that instead of a resume? Should that suffice ?

3. Also do I need to submit a marriage certificate for my mom and dad even though dad not coming to Canada at this time ?

4. Also curious does CIC make any exception to someone who is on maternity leave for not fulfilling the income requirements of a particular year as long as the year before and after meets the income requirement?

5. And lastly if we got the invitation to sponsor , is it only for one parent that we applied for or now that I have got the invitation I can sponsor both parents ?

Sorry for so many questions and thanks in advance !

Lovie

cgupta123

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
Does the sponsor (me) have to include his passport copy with the application as well? Also, I can't remember if I submitted my passport number with the expression of interest form. Can anyone confirm that please?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Ok. Thank you so much Naturgri. Pls, if there is still any help you can provide to me privately as a fresher, please do not hesitate to do so. I need a serious guide and help.
Research the Express Entry program. This is a popular program for immigrating. No one here can sponsor you. You will need to qualify on your own based on your education levels, work experience, age, funds available to settle yourself in Canada and other factors.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

prosanjitpaul

Star Member
Dec 11, 2014
Hi All, I am sorry in advance, my questions could be silly but still, I want to cross-check with your expert opinion as this PGP application is very important and crucial for all of us. I have seen there are two forms inside the online portal IMM5532e and IMM5748e, do I need these two pdf download and fill this up? It is really confusing. Please advise. Thank you in advance.

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
I see it here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-card/apply-renew-replace/photo.html

This document about photo specifications is helpful. It is for passport but the specs are the same as PR photo but the examples of photos with problems are useful.

Last edited:

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Hi everyone

I got invitation to apply this year finally !

I have a few questions about the application .
1. I am sponsoring my Mom and in the form it's also asking to submit travel history for my dad even though I am not sponsoring him and he is not accompanying my mom to Canada . Should I just leave that section blank or am I really filling the travel history form for my dad as well??

2. Also my mom has been a homemaker all her life so should I just upload a word document explaining that instead of a resume? Should that suffice ?

3. Also do I need to submit a marriage certificate for my mom and dad even though dad not coming to Canada at this time ?

4. Also curious does CIC make any exception to someone who is on maternity leave for not fulfilling the income requirements of a particular year as long as the year before and after meets the income requirement?

5. And lastly if we got the invitation to sponsor , is it only for one parent that we applied for or now that I have got the invitation I can sponsor both parents ?

Sorry for so many questions and thanks in advance !

Lovie
Hi

1. Since the form is asking for your dads travel history, you would have to provide it as well as marriage certificate
2. It is ok to put on the resume and employment history that she is a home maker
4. For the income requirement, line 15000 of your NOA for the 2018,2019 and 2020 year is what they are interested in. You have to check that you meet the income requirement stated on the website regardless of whether its maternity leave.
5. You can sponsor both parents if you meet the income requirement regardless of whether you indicated only 1 in your interest to sponsor

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Hi All, I am sorry in advance, my questions could be silly but still, I want to cross-check with your expert opinion as this PGP application is very important and crucial for all of us. I have seen there are two forms inside the online portal IMM5532e and IMM5748e, do I need these two pdf download and fill this up? It is really confusing. Please advise. Thank you in advance.
I do not see any IMM5532e in the document checklist but 5748 will be completed and signed by the sponsors before uploading in the portal

ccua

Oct 20, 2021
Hello All, not sure if this was asked before but wanted to confirm where do you upload the forms signed by the sponsor (IMM1344 and IMM5768). Do we select "others"?

Also, for the passports of the principal applicant and dependents, do they need to scan ALL pages including the blank pages or just the pages with stamps?

Thank you!

Last edited:

Deepavali

Oct 20, 2021
Hi,

my father was in Military service from 1971 to 1999. In form IMM 5546. They are asking each service unit location, stat and end date of each service address, commanding officer ( immediate supervisor, regiment commander and group commander) name/rank…. Each promotion (rank) date.

he doesn’t remember all those details. Anyone please guide me or got the same situation in past.
He knows his start date and end date of total service

please help me on it
Thanks

Deepavali

Oct 20, 2021
Hi,

my father was in Military service from 1971 to 1999. It is almost 20 to 50 years ago.

In form IMM 5546. They are asking each service unit location, start and end date of each service unit, commanding officer ( immediate supervisor, regiment commander and group commander) name/rank…. Each promotion (rank) date.

he doesn’t remember all those details. Anyone please guide me or got the same situation in past.

please help me on it
Thanks

Deepavali

Oct 20, 2021
Hi,

my father was in Military service from 1971 to 1999. In form IMM 5546. They are asking each service unit location, stat and end date of each service address, commanding officer ( immediate supervisor, regiment commander and group commander) name/rank…. Each promotion (rank) date.

please help me on it
Thanks

Jul 23, 2016
Does the sponsor (me) have to include his passport copy with the application as well? Also, I can't remember if I submitted my passport number with the expression of interest form. Can anyone confirm that please?
Yes, you have to upload your docs to prove your Canadian residency status. You have to check while applying if you have provided either of the below:

1. Passport
2. PR
3. Canadian Birth Certificate
4. Canadian Citizenship Certificate
5.Secure Certificate of India Status.

I know during application, you could apply using the first 2, not sure about the last 3. You can also call them and check what you used during application.