+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Oct 14, 2021
Hi,

I'm in the process of filling out the forms for my in-laws and have a doubt about a section in IMM-0008. It's asking to specify the national identity details. My in-laws are residents of Oman, but Indian citizens. They've been living in Oman for over 30 years. Which national identity details do I fill out here?

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
In the photo specification section it mentions “Your application will be rejected if your photos do not meet these specifications” . So, I am trying to make sure the specifications are met.
My parents have taken their photo at a studio back home. When I measure their photo, chin to crown without hair is less than 3.1 mm. Is the measurement from chin to crown with hair or without hair?

shanks24

Jan 20, 2018
In the photo specification section it mentions “Your application will be rejected if your photos do not meet these specifications” . So, I am trying to make sure the specifications are met.
My parents have taken their photo at a studio back home. When I measure their photo, chin to crown without hair is less than 3.1 mm. Is the measurement from chin to crown with hair or without hair?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html#specs
I cant find this anywhere in this link

ONWA001

Oct 27, 2021
Hello everyone, good evening. Pls, I don't know if what i am asking for is what this platform helps to do? I have been reading through some of the submissions and talks about parents and sponsors, can anyone throw more light, please? I want to get over to Canada with my family from Nigeria, either myself first or with my family, can anyone here help? Can someone include me under his or her sponsor?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone, good evening. Pls, I don't know if what i am asking for is what this platform helps to do? I have been reading through some of the submissions and talks about parents and sponsors, can anyone throw more light, please? I want to get over to Canada with my family from Nigeria, either myself first or with my family, can anyone here help? Can someone include me under his or her sponsor?
No the right thread as this is for the parents of PRs or Citizens who have received an invitation to apply for PR. It is through a lottery system. Post under General Immigration or professional immigration.

ONWA001

Oct 27, 2021
Ok. Thank you so much Naturgri. Pls, if there is still any help you can provide to me privately as a fresher, please do not hesitate to do so. I need a serious guide and help.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
This is a FAMILY sponsorship section of the forum. Only family memebers can be sponsored.

If your immediate famliy is a PR or citizen of Canada, then they can see if they can sponsor you. No. Strangers cannot sponsor stranger.

peter897

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
Hey All, I have applied through PGP sponsorship 2021 program in feb,21 and my parents received biometrics request today, as per the letter they have 30 days to submit their biometrics, however they are in India and VFS Global (CIC authorized Visa Application Center)doesnt have any time slots avaiable for biometrics appointments before dec 15th, which is well beyond 30 days .Even every nearby cities has the same situation as they are dealing with huge back-log. Has anyone faced simmilar situation? What should I do here?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hey All, I have applied through PGP sponsorship 2021 program in feb,21 and my parents received biometrics request today, as per the letter they have 30 days to submit their biometrics, however they are in India and VFS Global (CIC authorized Visa Application Center)doesnt have any time slots avaiable for biometrics appointments before dec 15th, which is well beyond 30 days .Even every nearby cities has the same situation as they are dealing with huge back-log. Has anyone faced simmilar situation? What should I do here?
If you applied in Feb 21, you applied throught the PGP 2020 program.
Check the discussion to see other ppl's timeline. But I've read that in general IRCC knows that it's hard to book biometrics appointment. Just notify them via webform (or email..I think...) what is the earliest ate you can make the appointment. I think most ppl don't have issue and IRCC allows a delay on that.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

gjgjmorris

Oct 18, 2021
I don't see any part of IMM 5669 asking for relatives information????

Are you sure that's your question?
yes, this is what Form 5669 has ...

Before you get started
You (the principal applicant) must fill out this form for yourself and on behalf of any of your family members 18 years of age or older who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents.