Med's Done....
18th Feb 2015
Interview........
Waived alhamdullilah
Passport Req..
6th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah soon
Hi all. My first time here. I need help with my Parents Sponsorship application. I received ITA, started the online application. With the Generic form (IMM 0008, i think) filled in all the questions however, it's showing up "missing information" and so it won't let me finish. The "complete" button is locked out. I would post a photo of it but i dont know how. Appreciate any answer/help. Thanks.
is there a depandant child in this application ?

Sep 24, 2018
Hi , I got invitation for parents sponsorship. I need some help with filling my sponsorship forms.
I'm separated from my spouse. We're separated but not divorced yet. I'm applying for my parents sponsorship.. I'm filling form 1344.. In sponsor details under question 8 and 9, what to fill?
Qn 8, a) asks for current marital status, which is legally separated.
For b, If you're married or in a common law relationship, do I have to write marriage date with my spouse (with whom I'm currently separated) or leave it blank?
Qn 9, asks for Have you been previously married or in common law relationship? Do I have to answer yes to this and give details (name, date of birth, from and to date) of my spouse with whom I'm separated ?

I'm confused if I have to give to my spouse details on question 8 b or in question 9 .

Sepideh77

Oct 15, 2021
Hello, I've received the invitation I have questions of the application. I've posted my question and I can't see my question here.

priyankaj

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
So I am sponsoring my parent (Father Primary applicant and Mother Dependent Applicant). There is no other person in my family who is dependent on them.
I have a question IMM 5406 (Family Background)
when open the form
i have added 2 entry
1) for my father and in the entry i have filled his information , his spouse (my mother), his 2 other child (non dependent/MySiblings), his siblings(2), his parents
2) for my mother and in the entry i have filled her information , her spouse (my father), her 2 other child (non dependent/MySiblings), her siblings(4), her parents

Now I have two question
1) Do I have to add entry based on each person related to them . i.e. 2 my parent , 2 my siblings, 6 of their sibling and 4 of their parents = 14 entry
2) Do I have to add my self (Canadian Citizen) in that form (that is as child in my father/mother entry)

Please help

akd2250

Sep 21, 2021
Toronto
Hi,
I am applying for my parents and noticed that in IMM 1344 we require signatures, Can we electronically sign it ?
you need to print and sign it. and then scan and send to your parents so they can sign.
i am going to be mailing my printed form as my parents are not comfortable with printing their and then signing it.

hibbsdibbs

Oct 4, 2017
Hi, I have a question, not sure if this has been asked before but I'd really appreciate a response.

My brother received the invitation to apply for my widowed mother's sponsorship. We are 4 siblings altogether, all over 30 years old, not financially dependant on my mother.

• 3 of us already live in Canada with Canadian PR/Citizenship.
  • 1 lives in the UAE. No Canadian PR/Citizenship.

Are we, or my brother from UAE still considered "dependant(s)" for the following online compulsory forms:
  1. Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008)
  2. Additional Family Information
  3. Supplementary Information Travels
  4. Schedule A (Background/Declaration)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I have a question, not sure if this has been asked before but I'd really appreciate a response.

My brother received the invitation to apply for my widowed mother's sponsorship. We are 4 siblings altogether, all over 30 years old, not financially dependant on my mother.

• 3 of us already live in Canada with Canadian PR/Citizenship.
  • 1 lives in the UAE. No Canadian PR/Citizenship.

Are we, or my brother from UAE still considered "dependant(s)" for the following online compulsory forms:
  1. Generic Application Form for Canada (IMM 0008)
  2. Additional Family Information
  3. Supplementary Information Travels
  4. Schedule A (Background/Declaration)
You are not dependants if over 22.

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
In the guide it it tells "The copies of passports for people being sponsored should include all the pages." Should this be a certified copy or it can be a simple copy of all pages?