+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

JcKobe

Aug 8, 2019
Winnpeg
Can you post the questions so that others who were not invited can also give suggestions?
Hi @steaky. Thank you for the response. Below is the questions. Please not im filling up the form for my dad.
3A - Current Undertaking: Number of persons included in box#3 of the Generic Form for Canada.
- Im only sponsoring my dad and my wife is co-signing, should I just put 1?

5 - Your Spouse or common law partner, if not included in 3 above, Provide details on the back of this page if they are not cosigning the undertaking.
- as per comment below my wife is cosigning so im quite confuse what to key in here.

6 - Every other family member not included above and dependent on you financially, whether they are living with you or not.
- As per my understanding I need to enter all my siblings?

Thank you for your time.

Newbie17

Mar 19, 2018
quick question, I have forgotten if I had put my mother or my father as principal applicant when we filled up the form to invite in 2020 in the lottery system, I believe it was my father but not 100% sure. Anyone has any idea?
As per what I remember there was nothing specific mentioning that who is principal applicant in interest form. It was only their personal information.

ndhindsa

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Anybody know what is Resume /CV thing in checklist?
Yes, on the checklist it says, we should provide all information for the applicants in resume since the age of 18. so I made resume for both of parents listing their education, employment periods since the age of 18 and left no gaps to be on safe side

sulemanmirza

Aug 7, 2013
Ajax, ON
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
18-June-2014
Doc's Request.
21-May-2015
AOR Received.
12-August-2014
File Transfer...
In process: 20-May-2015
Med's Request
27-May-2015
Med's Done....
DM: 23-Nov-15
Passport Req..
01-Dec-2015 Passport submitted: 02-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-Dec-2015
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2015 :)
Hi is anyone else also facing this issue? We are not able to upload supporting documents to the PR application portal? We followed the suggested naming conventions and trying to upload a PDF.

Getting this error:
There was a technical error when handling your request. Please try again later.

jazy3313

Star Member
May 4, 2017
It's a single application.
Hi Thank you for the response. My parents are old and have medical conditions, I was thinking to include my brother in the visitor visa application, who accompany them during their travel?

What are the chances that he will get the approval? Also, for my sister who is less than 18 years. thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Thank you for the response. My parents are old and have medical conditions, I was thinking to include my brother in the visitor visa application, who accompany them during their travel?

What are the chances that he will get the approval? Also, for my sister who is less than 18 years. thanks
Whether your brother is approved will depend on his profile (i.e. travel history, ties to his home country, etc.).

I'm not clear what you are asking with regards to your sister. She is a dependent and must be included as a dependent in your parents' PR application.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

dhanyamohanp

Oct 11, 2021
Hi All,
So I received the invitation for sponsoring parents/grand parents on 1st Oct,2021.
Just now started filling in the form and looking into it. Do we need to do police clearance certificate and Biometrics before the 60 days ?

pgpapply

Jan 1, 2019
Hi, I need some advise on the PGP 2021 online application regarding uploading photos. I have a hard copy of the Photo taken from a Photo Studio which has the Photo Studio stamp and all the required information. I also have the digital print of the same photo in good resolution (say, PhotoFront.jpg image)

Questions:
(1) Should I upload the good resolution digital image (in jpg format) of the face side and upload a scanned copy of the backside of the photo to the online application?

OR

(2) Should I scan (in either jpg or pdf format) and upload front side of the original hard copy of the photo and then scan the backside containing parent name and photo studio information and upload that separately to the online application?

OR

(3) Should I scan (in either jpg or pdf format) the front side of the original hard copy and the backside containing parent name and photo studio information and upload them as a single file to the online application?

Jasmeet0101

Star Member
Jul 15, 2013
Hello Guys,

Can some please help on uploading the photo. Questions is they are saying that it needed to be signed and with DOB, so we can upload the front face digital photo, so what to do about back of the photo with info. Should we get the hard copy of photo, write the stuff at back, and scan that back part and upload it?

Thanks for your advise in advance

nilnitesh

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
I don't think there is any clear explanation about it. However, you may scan both sides and save in jpeg format. Then you may rename it as applicant name-photo-front side.jpeg and applicant name-photo-back side.jpeg and upload these two files.

Hello Guys,

Can some please help on uploading the photo. Questions is they are saying that it needed to be signed and with DOB, so we can upload the front face digital photo, so what to do about back of the photo with info. Should we get the hard copy of photo, write the stuff at back, and scan that back part and upload it?

Thanks for your advise in advance

manram

Oct 12, 2021
Recently got invitation to sponsor parents. How would the application works? Do I need to apply through PR Portal or online GC Key account? I believe it will be one application with my mother as dependent to father.

Thanking you in advance for your help

priyankaj

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
what is the answer for this question on IMM008
Intended Occupation ?

My father is retired
Si what should be my father Intended occupation

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

You are posting under PR sponsorship. Would suggest posting in the visitor section.

priyankaj

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
There are number of forms appears once the account is created.
For some forms I am sure but for some i M not .. please help if they are needed

1) IMM 0008 ( 100%needed)

10) IMM 1283
11) IMM 1344 ( 100%needed)

13) IMM 5406 ( 100%needed)
14) IMM 5409
15) IMM 5475

17) IMM 5481

19) IMM 5532
20 ) IMM 5562
21 ) IMM 5604
22) imm 5669 ( 100%needed)