+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

bkbbh

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Hi friends, I got ITA for my parents . May kindly clarify whether we have to fill form 1283 and upload. Is this form is required as in the check list this is nowhere mentioned ?
Regards

bkbbh

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Hi all, As per my understandings we have to upload following documents,
1. ita
2. PR Cards of both sponsers
3. Marriage Certificates of parents and of sponsers
4. Birth certificate of sponser
5. Pasport copies of parents

6.Recent photographs of parents
7. Resume if any
8. Form 1344
9. Form 5768
Any thing left may please be notified .

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

priyankaj

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Hello Everyone.
With the wait of 7 years , I7 finally got the invitation.
I do understand its not my parents got the PR. It also means I am there to reach finish line . And the more closer you feel the more nervous you feel
I am sure any of you can understand my state of mind.

Due to which while reading the Guide i got some questions , which might look stupid to you but still want your help .

1. it says that applicant need to submit the form in portal. That means my father and mother. But i am confuse is it going to be 2 account one for my mother and one for my father . just one account and one application ?
  2. I have 2 sisters currently in India . They are married and settled in India. Do my parents need to mentioned them to as dependent child ?
  3. I meet the income requirement for past 3 years as asked. I am concerned that in next year my income might drop due to my maternity leave. So should i ask my husband to co-sign ?
  4. If my husband co-sign, will he still able to sponsor his parents in future(not yet got invited, hoping in future)? His salary meets the financial eligibility for me, him , our future baby, my parents and his parents as well (for past 4 years).

Please help

Last edited:
Reactions: Pandey013

gurnek.nijjar

Oct 10, 2021
Hello folks
I need a clarification for income requirements.
I have required income for 2018,2019 and 2020 for family size of 5 including my parents. But, We have a new born in 2021 that makes size to 6 currently. So am I ineligible now?
because for 6 family members my income is less than required on chart?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Everyone.
With the wait of 7 years , I7 finally got the invitation.
I do understand its not my parents got the PR. It also means I am there to reach finish line . And the more closer you feel the more nervous you feel
I am sure any of you can understand my state of mind.

Due to which while reading the Guide i got some questions , which might look stupid to you but still want your help .

1. it says that applicant need to submit the form in portal. That means my father and mother. But i am confuse is it going to be 2 account one for my mother and one for my father . just one account and one application ?
  2. I have 2 sisters currently in India . They are married and settled in India. Do my parents need to mentioned them to as dependent child ?
  3. I meet the income requirement for past 3 years as asked. I am concerned that in next year my income might drop due to my maternity leave. So should i ask my husband to co-sign ?
  4. If my husband co-sign, will he still able to sponsor his parents in future(not yet got invited, hoping in future)? His salary meets the financial eligibility for me, him , our future baby, my parents and his parents as well (for past 4 years).

Please help
1. One application.
2. No, they are not classified as dependents.
3. Yes, your husband should co-sign.
4. Yes, he will be able to sponsor his parents provided he meets LICO.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello folks
I need a clarification for income requirements.
I have required income for 2018,2019 and 2020 for family size of 5 including my parents. But, We have a new born in 2021 that makes size to 6 currently. So am I ineligible now?
because for 6 family members my income is less than required on chart?
You must continue to meet LICO for your family size.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
I had both of my parents on the invite, and now they have decided to separate, and my father doesn't want to come to Canada. My mother is here staying with us, and I only want to sponsor her. They haven't applied for separation yet. My question is does the divorce needs to be finalized, or just the application for the divorce with an explanation would be sufficient for the process. Also, in case of separation do I need to add any documents of my father like PCC or medical extra. I'm thinking medical would not be necessary but I'm not so sure about PCC.
I would appreciate your input.
Thank you in advance!
The divorce will need to be finalized in order to get approved. Do you meet the income requirement if your dad was included? If not there will be a lot of suspicion that this was a divorce to qualify for sponsorship and they will likely need to prove that they have been living separate lives for a long time, assets have been divided, etc.

Reactions: YVR123

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I Do not agree.
When you can bring(let the migrate) smart Brains, young brains, rich brains, wealthy brains to Canada, Why not let their Emotional support come with it. Its a part and parcel of life. Cant have Roses without thorns.
If IRCC keep doing like this regarding Parents' Migration, Canada gonna have a Brain Drain.
Canada has an ageing population and low birth rate. Canada accepts immigrants to balance out the ageing population. If they allowed parent immigration for all immigrants they could just end up adding to the ageing population which somewhat defeats the purpose of immigration. When deciding to come to Canada, people need to consider whether they would be ok living in Canada without their parents and have a plan B. If parent sponsorship was guaranteed parents would be able to be included in the initial application. Most other countries do not allow parent sponsorship with full access to healthcare for a reason.

Reactions: PhdStream

anca cukovic

Oct 29, 2018
Hello everyone,

On Form IMM 0008- Country of residence. My mom is visiting me here in Canada for 6 months - she will be leaving in February 2022. Under country of residence do I put Canada or her country of origin? Thank you!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you, and do I provide my address in Canada as correspondence under all the other forms where the address of the applicant needs to be provided?
Are you the representative? Use your address for that. Permanent address is their home country address. Current residency would be Canada.

anca cukovic

Oct 29, 2018
Are you the representative? Use your address for that. Permanent address is their home country address. Current residency would be Canada.
Yes I will be the representative and by coincidence it happened that my mom is visiting me at this time and we received the invitation. I will use my address here in Canada for current residency and her address in Romania as permanent address. Thank you for the clarification. I've read different opinions on this issue and I got confused.

Reactions: YVR123 and canuck78