+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

jshree

Jul 26, 2017
Hi everyone,

I received an invitation on Oct 1st at 10:28 am (3rd time lottery is the charm!).

I have questions on the Form 5768e Question 14.
1) The first row in the table has the To field populated with "Present". So what should I be filling for the Gross Income/Benefits for the period? Should it be the annual income or the entire cumulative income in that period?
2) If I had a job that spans multiple years, should break it down between Jan 1 - Dec 31st and then have a unique entry in each row of the table?

Appreciate if someone could guide me on how you went about filling it.

Last edited:

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good day. Just want to say congratulations to all that received an invitations. I just received mine this Oct 1 and slowly working on my applications. My dad is with us here in Canada as a supervise and it is conveniently for us as we dont have to send forms back and forth to signs some of the forms. My wife is consigning and we are lucky that we are eligible with the required income combined. Currently working on our travels so I just have a quick questions, should we include all our long drives to US too?

Follow up questions about imm5768e form. I'm only sponsoring my dad and my wife is co-signing with me. What should I put in question 3.A?

I also need clarification on questions #5 and #6. Thanks in advance.
Can you post the questions so that others who were not invited can also give suggestions?

love4immigration

Jan 26, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was filling financial evaluation form (IMM5768), I have few questions regarding it:
1. I don't have any cosigner and any previous undertakings so should I leave section 3(B),4,5,6 blank and value for section 7 will come as 3 then including me, my father and mother.
2. I have a sister she came on PR through express entry and above 22 years of age. She won't be counted as dependent right?

I don't have any previous undertakings and don't have cosigner as well so I don't need to fill section 9,10,11 and 12. Is that correct?

I'm working as an IT contractor with a third party. So should I select employed or self employed under my current situation.

NS0010

Oct 9, 2021
Hi,
I had both of my parents on the invite, and now they have decided to separate, and my father doesn't want to come to Canada. My mother is here staying with us, and I only want to sponsor her. They haven't applied for separation yet. My question is does the divorce needs to be finalized, or just the application for the divorce with an explanation would be sufficient for the process. Also, in case of separation do I need to add any documents of my father like PCC or medical extra. I'm thinking medical would not be necessary but I'm not so sure about PCC.
I would appreciate your input.
Thank you in advance!

immutable

Aug 5, 2013
Hi All,
I got an invitation to apply for my mother's PR under the PGP program. I am helping my mother apply as she is the Primary applicant.
Question about dependents.

My mother has 4 children including me. All are well above 22 years of age and married and independent. Should I include all her daughters in the Dependents section? ALl her daughters are independent. Please advise.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,
I got an invitation to apply for my mother's PR under the PGP program. I am helping my mother apply as she is the Primary applicant.
Question about dependents.

My mother has 4 children including me. All are well above 22 years of age and married and independent. Should I include all her daughters in the Dependents section? ALl her daughters are independent. Please advise.
No - they are not dependents.

immutable

Aug 5, 2013
No - they are not dependents.
Thanks for the response!!

Why I was skeptical about the question is it mentions - "You must provide details about each of your family members, whether they will come with you to Canada or not. You must list all your children even if they are already permanent residents or citizens of Canada). "

". So after their wedding, Daughters are no longer considered family members? :rolleyes::)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for the response!!

Why I was skeptical about the question is it mentions - "You must provide details about each of your family members, whether they will come with you to Canada or not. You must list all your children even if they are already permanent residents or citizens of Canada). "

". So after their wedding, Daughters are no longer considered family members? :rolleyes::)
They are family members, not dependents. You do not list them in the dependents section since they are too old.

Reactions: immutable

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
So what's the grand total ? how many invites were sent out after all ?
hello, is there any way to check the application status with the reference number! my emails were got deleted by mistake couple of weeks ago, not sure i have got the invitation or not!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

vb1910

Oct 25, 2015
I have received an invitation to sponsor. But bow there is a hitch. For the last 3 years NOA they require as proof of income, my income in 2018 is not sufficient. But incomes in 2019 and 2020 ND now in 2021 will be more than sufficient. I want to know from someone should I explain this in the letter of explanation or withdraw my application because 2018 income is lower than what they require?

If I am refused as a sponsor, will that impact my chances to be accepted as a sponsor in the future?

Roni404

Aug 3, 2017
Hello,

Does anyone know if the application can be submitted even if the initial year salary does not meet the requirement?