+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Sensible

Oct 5, 2021
so just calculated and they sent 34,500 invitations. The interesting part is that if the second digit of your confirmation number was a number you were more likely to get it. They invited 21,602 people who had a number as the second digit but only 12,898 if your second digit was a number. For every single one of the confirmation numbers the ratio was 2nd digit a letter they invite around 800 but if the second digit was a number they invited around 1300. Some how that makes it highly unlikely that it is random. It's way too structured
I agree with more invitations going out with people having 2nd digit as number but what are the stats on 1st digit also being a number. I am seeing a lot of selected confirmation numbers having character as 1st and digit as 2nd but what about if most of (except 1 in 5th position being character) it is digits

Naytov

Jan 11, 2021
Really disappointed, how to explain to parents, who are waiting to join family, especially when you are only one child of them?

what a crap? Our government pushing me to do a life changing decision to going back home, as I need to take care of my parents. I really don’t understand this kind of politics …

Sensible

Oct 5, 2021
Dont worry guys. 2 more months. January is coming.
I don't think it will be that soon - probably end of 2022 and after more applicants put in their interest - have been trying since even before lottery system, first come first served is just as bad - did not get through as everyone flocked the website and within just a few minutes they closed with all the applicants. Lottery system is luck based - even if you more than qualify if you don't have the luck factor - you stay without your parent and your parent stays without you. More needs to be done

Reactions: lundir8

Sensible

Oct 5, 2021
Really disappointed, how to explain to parents, who are waiting to join family, especially when you are only one child of them?

what a crap? Our government pushing me to do a life changing decision to going back home, as I need to take care of my parents. I really don’t understand this kind of politics …
I totally hear you, I am also the only child and unmarried here while my mom is alone back home (no family there) and although in very good health (God's Mercy) - getting old (80's) alone - Supervisa is valid but she has to keep travelling back after 2 years to renew - how long can seniors keep doing this

lundir8

Star Member
Feb 14, 2019

Dont be so disheartened. Stay positive. You will succeed.

chowdhary

May 29, 2019
Hi All,

Maybe this will help in saving some people's time in doing possibly incorrect research on trying to find a pattern in selection process.

The confirmation numbers provided by IRCC seem to be in Hexadecimal format (Hexadecimal - Wikipedia).

All of the digits are numbers. Each digit from 0 to 15. This is just one simple way to reduce the number of digits required for representing a set of large numbers.

kitkit

May 9, 2017
I didn't see anyone without children get the invitation. they obviously can't invite all of them, what do you think?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I didn't see anyone without children get the invitation. they obviously can't invite all of them, what do you think?
What are you talking about?

Lots of people here without children got invited.

Guiders

May 30, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged on 03-11-2014
AOR Received.
PER 29-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued on 02-04-2015. Passport received on 30-04-2015
LANDED..........
16-09-2015
1. My dad's first name on my birth certificate is spelled slightly differently than it is now on my passport - he changed it later e.g. instead of Jupiter, it was earlier Joopetar. What can I do in this case? I don't think he has his old passport with that name.

2. Don't have my parent's marriage certificate, but my dad's name is on my mom's passport under 'Husband's name' - is that acceptable?

I tried finding it online but unfortunately couldn't find it - will be grateful if someone has any answers on these.

Thank you!
@scylla - please if you can guide - as always :)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1. My dad's first name on my birth certificate is spelled slightly differently than it is now on my passport - he changed it later e.g. instead of Jupiter, it was earlier Joopetar. What can I do in this case? I don't think he has his old passport with that name.

2. Don't have my parent's marriage certificate, but my dad's name is on my mom's passport under 'Husband's name' - is that acceptable?

I tried finding it online but unfortunately couldn't find it - will be grateful if someone has any answers on these.

Thank you!
@scylla - please if you can guide - as always :)
Sorry - don't know the answers to these questions.