+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks i read the link.
Just to clarify, i didnt not put my Grandmother's name in the interest to sponsor.
So do I have to put a separate interest to sponsor my Grandmother in next year's lottery or can I use my current invite to parents for my Grandmother too?
You apply for her next year. She is not part of your current application for your parents.

Reactions: Cal_gary_PR

manprxxt

Sep 29, 2021
Thanks i read the link.
Just to clarify, i didnt not put my Grandmother's name in the interest to sponsor.
So do I have to put a separate interest to sponsor my Grandmother in next year's lottery or can I use my current invite to parents for my Grandmother too?
Yes, you can only sponsor who was included in the interest form, you need to wait for next years

Reactions: Cal_gary_PR

sambibi

Star Member
Apr 29, 2018
Congratulations for those of you who received the invitation. Lottery is hard. In case I do not receive the invitation next week I want to apply for the super visa. Please let me know if you already applied for you parent and where you get the insurance and price. Thanks

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Good morning everyone, is there a place where we can ask questions about the forms that are required? I recently started preparing the forms and I have a few questions. I know this thread is mainly for people still waiting for the invites so I don't want to bother everyone :)
Thank you!
For example - form IMM 5406 (Additional Family Information) just to confirm - as I am already a Canadian Citizen, only child, there is no need to have my mom (principal applicant) fill out this form for me? "You (the principal applicant) must fill out this form for yourself and on behalf of any of your family members 18 years of age or older"
Family members means those under the same application (dependents).
Your mom's IMM 5406 will list you as one of her additional family members.
There is no need for you to fill in an IMM 5406.

Reactions: anca cukovic

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
I received invitation today. In 2018, I don't have the minimum amount of income. I missed it by $1000. In 2019 and 2020 I exceeded it by $35000. Can I apply? Are they gonna ignore it without looking at it because I don't meet one year requirement?
It will be refused by IRCC ,even less by $1
Not sure what you thought when you applied , But the chart was already available on their site long back

Reactions: GokulGuruprasad

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Additional family information
You (the principal applicant) must fill out this form for yourself and on behalf of any of your family members 18 years of age or older who are not already Canadian citizens or permanent residents. Enter all names in English and in your native language (for example, Arabic, Cyrillic, Chinese, Korean or Japanese script or Chinese commercial/telegraphic code). If a section does not apply, write “Not Applicable.

The reason why I was confused is the text above in the online form - does she still need to list me in the form as I am already a Canadian Citizen?

Thank you!
Yes. In her IMM 5406, she need to list all her additional family members.
Brothers, sisters, parents, and children (regardless of status). So yes. you are one of the additional family members.

From the guide:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

Section B
Include:
  • married children,
  • adopted children,
  • children of your spouse(step-children) or common-law partner,
  • any of your children who have been adopted by others,
  • any of your children who are in the custody of an ex-spouse, former common-law partner or other guardian.
You must answer all questions. If any sections don’t apply to you, enter “Not Applicable”.

Mansi_patel

Sep 26, 2021
Hello folks,
How are we suppose to upload the photos?
(i have gone through the document of photos)
but while uploading , which format will be best for both sides(front and back)?

nil_z

Sep 30, 2021
Hi everyone, I received the invitation today at 2pm. Just be positive and pray! My application # starts with A2.

Reactions: lundir8

Bhaumick

Dec 24, 2013
Gujarat India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Fees encahsed - 06.05.2014
Nomination.....
PER - 12.05.2014
IELTS Request
8 (With Application)
File Transfer...
AOR - 04.06.2014
Med's Request
07.07.2014 (along with RPRF)
Med's Done....
14.07.2014 Third line in E-CAS : 22.07.2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
29.09.2014 - DM on 30.09.2014
VISA ISSUED...
26.09.2014 - Received on 08.10.2014
LANDED..........
March 2015
It's been resolved ! I can now navigate through the webform on the portal. It was an oversight where I didn't choose the citizenship status. The portal didn't notify me of any error or omission for this field so it took me a longer time and a full review of every field to locate this error myself.
Be aware of this ! I hope this would save you sometimes
You do realize that this form is to be filled out by the principle applicant (your parents in this case). I hope you are filling out their details and not yours

sreekants

Feb 1, 2013
Anybody whose confirmation number starting with 22 received invitation?if so, Is there still hope waiting for numbers beginning with 22 or no point in waiting ?

Also what is the current timeline of visitor visa or supervisa for parents from India?

inder009

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Canada
App. Filed.......
21-06-2018
AOR Received.
16-08-2018
Med's Request
2-05-2019
Med's Done....
03-05-2019
Hi guys,
Did anybody received invitation from Calgary?