Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
LANDED..........
10-11-2016
We got an invitation letter yesterday to sponsor my in-laws. We applied from Ontario. I have a quick question please. I had sponsored my husband to come to Canada in 2016. He landed in November 2016 and we have been living together since then. As a co-signer, do I have to declare him as my undertaking or did that end after 3 years? He has been employed since 2017 without a break on his employment. I am confused whether I should declare him or not? I also wanted to add that he has done his citizenship test and we’re waiting to receive the invitation for the oath ceremony. Thank you in advance for your help.

immigiration1

Star Member
Jul 13, 2014
“If your family size changed during or since those 3 years, it could affect the amount of income you need for each of the 3 years. IRCC may also calculate a different family size for specific years based on the detailed family information you provide in your sponsorship application.”
The family size was always 4 people but the confusion is that should i include my parents in 2018 income ? as if i include them then my income doesn't meet the requirement for specific 2018 ( rest of the years are fine). even my 2021 income will be fine as well. do you think it is worth applying that they will show any flexibility ?

Meatplus.ca

Star Member
Sep 21, 2021
We got an invitation letter yesterday to sponsor my in-laws. We applied from Ontario. I have a quick question please. I had sponsored my husband to come to Canada in 2016. He landed in November 2016 and we have been living together since then. As a co-signer, do I have to declare him as my undertaking or did that end after 3 years? He has been employed since 2017 without a break on his employment. I am confused whether I should declare him or not? I also wanted to add that he has done his citizenship test and we’re waiting to receive the invitation for the oath ceremony. Thank you in advance for your help.
Congratulations. Can you pls share the 1st 2 digit of your cic ref #

PhdStream

Aug 7, 2013
The family size was always 4 people but the confusion is that should i include my parents in 2018 income ? as if i include them then my income doesn't meet the requirement for specific 2018 ( rest of the years are fine). even my 2021 income will be fine as well. do you think it is worth applying that they will show any flexibility ?
Yes, both parents (even if only one if being sponsored one, except the one who is not alive) and their dependent (such as siblings, half-siblings, e.t.c) need to be included all the years. However, if sibling(s) and/or half-sibling(s) were not born in some of those year, this is not mentioned (at least I do not know or have not seen) in any of IRCC FAQ/Guide.