+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Hello, I was wondering if it makes a difference if people change provinces. I filled out the form in 2020 and around the end, moved to QC, I meet financial requirements for both QC and other provinces. Will it be hard for me to explain to IRCC? Thanks
Nope, you will have to show requirements for QC. You won't need to explain anything.

Reactions: YVR123

JIGS11

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2013
Slightly off topic, i am still waiting for my invite. My mom and dad were with me on super visa. But my mom’s super visa will expire in march 2023 and my dad’s visa expires in 2024. If they dont fet selected for pgp, i need to apply for my mom’s supervisa. Can i apply for her visa alone or i need to file my dad’s visa at well?

Bhumisha

Sep 28, 2021
hello,

I received invitation to sponsor my parents, but when I start fill up the form they ask me for csq(quebec selection) letter what do I do, I have to apply for it or I can fill up the form whithout answer that question, please suggest me.

Thank you,

sambibi

Star Member
Apr 29, 2018
Slightly off topic, i am still waiting for my invite. My mom and dad were with me on super visa. But my mom’s super visa will expire in march 2023 and my dad’s visa expires in 2024. If they dont fet selected for pgp, i need to apply for my mom’s supervisa. Can i apply for her visa alone or i need to file my dad’s visa at well?
In case I did not get the invitation.,I will apply for the super visa. Please let me know where did you get the insurance and how it cost you. Thanks

Reactions: aus4

immigiration1

Star Member
Jul 13, 2014
Good evening All,

I have received the invitation today and honestly i wasn't expecting it to come. I applied for it last year as my friend was applying for his parents. I know its late but i have a questions in terms of income requirement. For the year 2018 my income was $66k and i have a family of four. Since i will be applying for my parents visa do i need to consider them in my 2018 income as well which will make my family to 6 or should i only consider them for the 2020 income as i am applying for them in 2021. The only reason i am asking this question is because if i consider my parents in 2018 then i donot meet the income requirement however my income was high in 2019 and 2020 ? what are your thoughts ..

James321

Jan 16, 2019
Hello Everyone.

I have a question regarding the application process itself for 2021 intake and would be very grateful if you guys could share some of your valuable experience and knowledge.

1. How do you deal with the fact that some of the forms for Principal Applicant need to be electronically signed by parents. (as many of them I am pretty sure do not know how to use it, might have no access to it, or simply might make mistakes because of the lack of knowledge of the language or process itself)

Thank you!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Good evening All,

I have received the invitation today and honestly i wasn't expecting it to come. I applied for it last year as my friend was applying for his parents. I know its late but i have a questions in terms of income requirement. For the year 2018 my income was $66k and i have a family of four. Since i will be applying for my parents visa do i need to consider them in my 2018 income as well which will make my family to 6 or should i only consider them for the 2020 income as i am applying for them in 2021. The only reason i am asking this question is because if i consider my parents in 2018 then i donot meet the income requirement however my income was high in 2019 and 2020 ? what are your thoughts ..
You have to meet LICO for all members for all 3 years so 6 people. This is for the tax years 2018, 2019, 2020. LICO for 6 people for 2018 is $77k.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1445&top=14

Last edited:

neverbackdown

Star Member
Sep 25, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July-2014
Nomination.....
November-2014
Med's Request
Feb-2015
Med's Done....
Feb-2015
One more day gone with no invitation. Tomorrow is federal holiday and only one more day to go…..

Hate to see that our parents fate is on lottery

aonedoc

Star Member
Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-12-2011
Nomination.....
09-2011
AOR Received.
01-03-2012
Med's Request
01-03-2012
Med's Done....
09-03-2012. Ecas: "in process" since 10th May. and We have received your Medical.
Passport Req..
30 August 2012
VISA ISSUED...
18th September 2012--COPR
LANDED..........
23rd September 2012
Hello Everyone.

I have a question regarding the application process itself for 2021 intake and would be very grateful if you guys could share some of your valuable experience and knowledge.

1. How do you deal with the fact that some of the forms for Principal Applicant need to be electronically signed by parents. (as many of them I am pretty sure do not know how to use it, might have no access to it, or simply might make mistakes because of the lack of knowledge of the language or process itself)

Thank you!
I fully agree. Its going to be challenging for parents. Also I don't want to be questioned tomorrow by authorities for uploading document on their behalf online. This online is slightly more challenging .