+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

loveanurse

Oct 20, 2021
Any 2021 applicant still on process?
Applied March 2021 for my MIL,
last update was police clearance request on Sept 2023.
Processing office is London.

Reactions: sohereiam

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Hi guys,

I requested GCMS notes last month and today i got an email.

This is in reference to your request for an update on the processing of your application for permanent residence. Please be advised that your file is currently assigned to an officer and is under review. Once the review process is completed you will be notified about the next step.

Please do not send multiple emails as it will further delay our process. We appreciate your patience.

I called in December to IRCC to check status of my application (its past due its normal processing time). The agent says he will put a note on the file.
I am not sure if this email is in regards to GCMS notes or the agent putting the notes.

Anybody else got this email? seems bit unfair that we cant even check on our application now considering its past due normal processing time.
can anyone help with this? am i not suppose to send GCMS request or call them ?

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Hello, I tried to follow up with IRCC through my local MP office and they have told that on Jan 5th , they have extended the medical validity. Is it good or bad ?
But no update in our portal though.
Vancouver office . Applied on Dec 2021.
how do you follow up with MP office?

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Hello, I tried to follow up with IRCC through my local MP office and they have told that on Jan 5th , they have extended the medical validity. Is it good or bad ?
You are lucky, I got a request to re-do the medicals yesterday. File is also in Vancouver office.

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
how do you follow up with MP office?
You find out who your local MP is and send an email to their @parl.gc.ca address requesting their assistance with following up on your sponsorship application since it has been more than 24 months of processing.

aleeaheed

Nov 21, 2022
Hi everyone. I applied for my parents in December 2021 after receiving the invite. My application is a bit unique. I became PR in September 2019. I was supposed to show income of 2018, 2019 and 2020 to be an eligible sponsor. When I applied in December 2021, I requested to reevaluate my income based on more recent years (2020, 2021 and 2022). I did selected NOT to withdraw my application in case if I am an ineligible to sponsor. To my surprise, I received an 'Fairness Procedural Letter' asking for 2020, 2021 and 2022 incomes in July 2023. I am meeting the minimum income requirement for 2020, 2021 and 2022 to sponsor. I submitted the necessary documents (Notice of Assessments).
I was also asked to submit PR fee, medical and police certificates in July 2023. I submitted all of those in August 2023. I am currently waiting for an update from IRCC.

Upon calling IRCC I was told that only security check and sponsor eligibility is pending and the rest is completed. I am unsure If I am approved as a eligible sponsor after submitting new financials details. Anyone in the same boat as me?

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Hi everyone. I applied for my parents in December 2021 after receiving the invite. My application is a bit unique. I became PR in September 2019. I was supposed to show income of 2018, 2019 and 2020 to be an eligible sponsor. When I applied in December 2021, I requested to reevaluate my income based on more recent years (2020, 2021 and 2022). I did selected NOT to withdraw my application in case if I am an ineligible to sponsor. To my surprise, I received an 'Fairness Procedural Letter' asking for 2020, 2021 and 2022 incomes in July 2023. I am meeting the minimum income requirement for 2020, 2021 and 2022 to sponsor. I submitted the necessary documents (Notice of Assessments).
I was also asked to submit PR fee, medical and police certificates in July 2023. I submitted all of those in August 2023. I am currently waiting for an update from IRCC.

Upon calling IRCC I was told that only security check and sponsor eligibility is pending and the rest is completed. I am unsure If I am approved as a eligible sponsor after submitting new financials details. Anyone in the same boat as me?
If you were approved as a sponsor, you would have received a letter from IRCC stating the following:

Dear Sir/Madam,

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted on behalf of [Primary Applicant] and family (if applicable).
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative will be forwarded to [Visa Office] for further processing.

riizi

Nov 12, 2011
Hi All 2021 and 2022 applicants ,
anyone any update from Vancouver Immigration office since January 2024 ?

seems they are still way behind in processing and updating

aleeaheed

Nov 21, 2022
If you were approved as a sponsor, you would have received a letter from IRCC stating the following:
I received an email from IRCC on July 5, 2022 stating the below:
"We have reviewed your application and regret to advise that you are not an eligible sponsor for the following
reason(s):
Pursuant to regulation 133(1)(j)(i), you do not meet the minimum necessary income requirement. Please
refer to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations below for details."

Then I received an email from IRCC in July 2023 with the subject titled "Procedural Fairness Letter - Meeting MNI" where they asked me to provide latest income details so that I can be reevaluated. I submitted my response and have not heard anything after that. DO you think they will send me another email confirming that I am eligible to sponsor or not?

loveanurse

Oct 20, 2021
Hi everyone. I applied for my parents in December 2021 after receiving the invite. My application is a bit unique. I became PR in September 2019. I was supposed to show income of 2018, 2019 and 2020 to be an eligible sponsor. When

They are considering your application otherwise they have given you refusal letter instead of the procedural fairness letter.
Your application is special; it is non- routine and will take time.Just wait.

thebassi35

Oct 10, 2013
Surrey BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received NDVO - 17/06/2016
File Transfer...
started processing 26/08/2016
Med's Done....
march 25th-2016
Interview........
DM on 07/02/2017
Passport Req..
PPR on feb 23-2017
Anyone getting any update from Vancouver office ?
Applied Nov 2021 still status is showing we are reviewing…
yes. from vancouver office i received pcc request in december and it now says reviewing as of january 11,2024

NoorPirani

Star Member
Jan 1, 2019
You are lucky, in my case, after the Medical got cleared on 3rd March 2023, they now asked to re-do the medical for my both parents.