+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Felix_PGP2021

Star Member
May 13, 2022
Hello Folks, I just logged in to my mom's gckey account and it said application updated, I found that medical passed date disappeared. Before I had something like "You passed medical April 2023" and under details it says you do not need medical. Seems kind of ghost update to me.
Does it mean something?
I had the same “ghost update” with a temporary change in the status from “submitted” to “application/profile updated” last month. Later, I realized it was related to medical exam as I saw the same change you mentioned. My understanding is that it might be an automatic update after one year since your mom’s medical exam was passed. I haven’t received a request for a second medical exam or any updates.
Felix

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
I had the same “ghost update” with a temporary change in the status from “submitted” to “application/profile updated” last month. Later, I realized it was related to medical exam as I saw the same change you mentioned. My understanding is that it might be an automatic update after one year since your mom’s medical exam was passed. I haven’t received a request for a second medical exam or any updates.
Felix
That might be the case I guess.
Did you order gcms notes?
My mom's application primary office was Vancouver but now it has been at Etobicoke office for last 4/5 months. I involved my MP, they are saying it is pending the background/security completeness. I wonder what take security check as my mom's has no employment history at all.

nasikan

May 16, 2017
Is there anyone who applied in December 2021 who has not yet received their parent or grandparent's PR yet? If so, please count me in.
Office - Mississauga
Same, my application just got transferred to the Vancouver office on 19th Sept.

Felix_PGP2021

Star Member
May 13, 2022
That might be the case I guess.
Did you order gcms notes?
My mom's application primary office was Vancouver but now it has been at Etobicoke office for last 4/5 months. I involved my MP, they are saying it is pending the background/security completeness. I wonder what take security check as my mom's has no employment history at all.
No, I didn’t order gcms notes. But I sent webform and got the following reply.
  • The background verifications are in process.
  • The security background verification is in process.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.
So the current status is the same as yours. It is really hard to know what causes this amount of extra time for processing. I hope they can speed up as it has been over 23 months. According to IRCC, “Our processing times are historical, meaning they’re measured based on how long it took to process 80% of applications in the past.”

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
App Submitted DECEMBER 2021
Bio / Medicals done MAY 2023 (medical results still pending)

Nothing after that.....anyone on the same boat??? called IRCC multiple times... MP office also reached out.. nothing pending from us....

what next steps?????? any inputs would be appreciated.... processing time shows 21 months... passed that...

ghostk

Star Member
May 1, 2022
Hi guys, Coming back after a long time. My parents landed back in May 2023. We were trying to find out some information in terms of benefits they are eligible for. Since parents' sponsorship means financial undertaking for 20 years which means:
  • They are eligible for OAS (if they live 10+ years in Canada)
  • CPP if they work and contribute to it
  • No GIS since it is financial/social assistance
Now, my question is about tax benefits as my sibling (15) was also included in their PGP application:
  • Are they eligible for Canada Child Benefit?
  • How about Ontario (any provincial) Child Benefit?
  • Any other GST/HST, Climate Incentive, and Ontario Trillium Benefit?
  • When we pay their tax is there any form to let them know that they were sponsored?
As far as I read, I think they are eligible for all the above except provincial child benefits. No information is available specific to sponsored parents on the official website.

Any help is much appreciated.