+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Hi All

Need your help! My parents PR application is stuck as they have sent Procedural Fairness Letter due to Critical Kidney Disease which might require Dialysis in next 5-10 years and will be a burden on Canadian Health System. Has anyone else as well got it? Any idea how to respond to it and ensure that PR application is not rejected.
hello, what is the current condition of this application? What is the cut off point or kidney disease stage that they consider as critical for IRCC application? Thank you and so sorry for this situation of yours.

CanEra

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
Baroda,India
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/06/2013
IELTS Request
submitted w/ appli.
File Transfer...
26-10-2013
Med's Request
16-01-2014
Med's Done....
28-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2014
LANDED..........
Almost by June2014
Hi Folks,
I got passport requests for my parents this week. Their medical was done in Feb -2023 and they are in India right now.
- do they have to land before Feb-2024
- how long does it take to get the PR visa stamped if submitted in person vs through courier.
-any advantage to fly back to Canada (they have visit visa) to do virtual landing instead of waiting for the passport stamped?
Thanks in advance!

Reactions: mjani81

mjani81

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
Hi Folks,
I got passport requests for my parents this week. Their medical was done in Feb -2023 and they are in India right now.
- how long does it take to get the PR visa stamped if submitted in person vs through courier.
-any advantage to fly back to Canada (they have visit visa) to do virtual landing instead of waiting for the passport stamped?
Thanks in advance!
Can you please share which visa office your file is being processed?

Ahmed.Sami

Jun 17, 2019
I received a request for a second medical exam last week. I'm thinking whether to disregard it and await the final decision before proceeding. What are your thoughts? Seeking advice on this matter.

Felix_PGP2021

Star Member
May 13, 2022
I received a request for a second medical exam last week. I'm thinking whether to disregard it and await the final decision before proceeding. What are your thoughts? Seeking advice on this matter.
I suggest you take the second medical exam since the final approval will likely depend on the new result. I know it is unfortunate for the request, and probably an unnecessary step with costs in time and money for many.

faroquex

Star Member
May 18, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
Nomination.....
9-8-2013
AOR Received.
3-09-2013
Med's Request
13-11-2014
Med's Done....
17-12-2014
Hi All

Need your help! My parents PR application is stuck as they have sent Procedural Fairness Letter due to Critical Kidney Disease which might require Dialysis in next 5-10 years and will be a burden on Canadian Health System. Has anyone else as well got it? Any idea how to respond to it and ensure that PR application is not rejected.
I'm sorry to hear that. I believe it would be best for you to consult with a good immigration lawyer. Could you please let me know, how many months after the medical test you received the procedural fairness letter? Did you receive any pre-arrival letters recently? Thank you.

CanEra

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
Baroda,India
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/06/2013
IELTS Request
submitted w/ appli.
File Transfer...
26-10-2013
Med's Request
16-01-2014
Med's Done....
28-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2014
LANDED..........
Almost by June2014
Last edited:

xia517

Mar 18, 2019
Hello, I have a couple of questions on my mom's application, which is currently being processed at the Mississauga office.
  • She passed her medical exam on Sept 14, 2022
  • Received additional request on her military record on Apr 6, 2023, we submitted all the materials 2 weeks after.
  • Everything else are pretty much completed, just waiting on the final decision
Questions
  1. Since her medical exam result has recently expired, how long does it usually take for IRCC to request a new one?
  2. We haven't really heard anything for a long time. Does anyone know how much military experience impacts the application timeline and decision? (Just a few years, more than half a decade ago)
  3. Anything we can do besides just wait? Submitted in Mid-Oct, 2021, it has already passed 23-month mark

I am worried sick, appreciate any responses!

CanEra

Star Member
Feb 8, 2012
Baroda,India
Category........
Visa Office......
NewDelhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/06/2013
IELTS Request
submitted w/ appli.
File Transfer...
26-10-2013
Med's Request
16-01-2014
Med's Done....
28-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2014
LANDED..........
Almost by June2014
Hi Folks,
Thanks in advance!
Friends, Any help?
Visa office: Mississauga
VFS office: Ahmedabad, India

Jul 12, 2017
hello all! did any of November 2021 applicants received PPR yet? We applied in the beginning of November 2021, did biometrics in May 2022, passed medicals in November 2022 and got a message from Vancouver office that they received all additional documents they requested earlier on December 2022. We haven't heard a single word back since December 2022. Should I give them a call?
Same here, I am waiting for longer than you.
My Parents medical, PCC everything else completed in November.2022.
Nothing heard back after that.
I don't have any idea about Vancouver office, why they are taking so long time.

Office: Vancouver

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Hello, I have a couple of questions on my mom's application, which is currently being processed at the Mississauga office.
  • She passed her medical exam on Sept 14, 2022
  • Received additional request on her military record on Apr 6, 2023, we submitted all the materials 2 weeks after.
  • Everything else are pretty much completed, just waiting on the final decision
Questions
  1. Since her medical exam result has recently expired, how long does it usually take for IRCC to request a new one?
  2. We haven't really heard anything for a long time. Does anyone know how much military experience impacts the application timeline and decision? (Just a few years, more than half a decade ago)
  3. Anything we can do besides just wait? Submitted in Mid-Oct, 2021, it has already passed 23-month mark

I am worried sick, appreciate any responses!
For the military experience, it can delay the security/background check stage. My dad had military experience from 20 years ago and when I applied for gcms notes it showed that his file was sent to CSIS for secondary screening. The secondary screening took 3 months to complete and for a recommendation to be sent back to IRCC in August. IRCC have still not moved the file past security stage, not sure what they are waiting for.

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
Hello Folks, I just logged in to my mom's gckey account and it said application updated, I found that medical passed date disappeared. Before I had something like "You passed medical April 2023" and under details it says you do not need medical. Seems kind of ghost update to me.
Does it mean something?

NoorPirani

Star Member
Jan 1, 2019
Hello Folks, I just logged in to my mom's gckey account and it said application updated, I found that medical passed date disappeared. Before I had something like "You passed medical April 2023" and under details it says you do not need medical. Seems kind of ghost update to me.
Does it mean something?
Same in my parent's GCkey, the first Medical passed date was changed to another date and now the whole thing is out.