+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

pranab24

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Hi, can someone please let me know what status is this application in?

Application Status:
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We need additional documents to process your application. We will send you a letter or email with details.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

pranab24

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Is there anyone who applied in December 2021 who has not yet received their parent or grandparent's PR yet? If so, please count me in.
Office - Mississauga

Felix_PGP2021

Star Member
May 13, 2022
Is there anyone who applied in December 2021 who has not yet received their parent or grandparent's PR yet? If so, please count me in.
Office - Mississauga
From the voluntary-based tracker, majority of the Dec 2021 applicants have not received PR yet. By comparison, the percentage of Oct 2021 applicants who haven’t received PR seems relatively small, which concerns me as an Oct applicant.
Still, how reliable the data are (whether they keep updating them) is something we keep in mind.

Reactions: pranab24

crs441

Oct 15, 2018
So your submitted a profile in 2020, and have not been selected or applied for PR since then?
Yes I received invitation in year 2021 PGP and I submitted my application but I did not meet minimum financial requirements in year 2020, Now I am eligible in 2023 PGP so do I receive a invitation from CIC this year?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes I received invitation in year 2021 PGP and I submitted my application but I did not meet minimum financial requirements in year 2020, Now I am eligible in 2023 PGP so do I receive a invitation from CIC this year?
So your parents would not be in the pool anymore because they were selected in the lottery a few years ago. You didn’t meet financial requirements and they were refused. So you will have to wait until it reopens in future years to submit a profile.

Reactions: YVR123

Maggie f

May 18, 2016
Hello all I have a question that I hope anyone from the forum can answer . I want to sponsor my parents for PR however I don’t see any interest to sponsor form for 2023. So does that mean that I need to wait for cic to open the interest to sponsor form program again and only then I will be able to proceed further?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello all I have a question that I hope anyone from the forum can answer . I want to sponsor my parents for PR however I don’t see any interest to sponsor form for 2023. So does that mean that I need to wait for cic to open the interest to sponsor form program again and only then I will be able to proceed further?
PGP for 2023 is only open for those who submitted a profile in 2020. If you are not in that pool then you wait another year and see if IRCC opens it up to others.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/apply.html

Reactions: YVR123 and Maggie f

crs441

Oct 15, 2018
So your parents would not be in the pool anymore because they were selected in the lottery a few years ago. You didn’t meet financial requirements and they were refused. So you will have to wait until it reopens in future years to submit a profile.
Ok thank you

Maggie f

May 18, 2016

ccua

Oct 20, 2021
My mother also worked in a school, and we later received a request for a detailed government service form, which seems to prolong the application process time. Currently, the status still shows “we are processing your background check”. I sent a web form request and hope to get some answer soon.

Hello @Felix_PGP2021 ! I wanted to ask if your parents needed to do a 2nd medical because of this? My mom is a retired teacher and I wondered what’s taking so long to get passport request (we received the pre arrival letter Feb 2023). Now im thinking we’ll probably get the same request. It’s just frustrating.

Felix_PGP2021

Star Member
May 13, 2022
Hi ccua,

No, I haven’t received a request for the second medical exam. I guess that may be due to inland and the current policy may wave the 2nd one for them. However, I know a case that one inland applicant was requested for the 2nd one, then later got PPR a week later. so it is hard to say if 2nd request is bad thing.

I guess the government service/military service/police service work experience may prolong the processing time as the background and/or security checks take longer and sometimes involve a third party for investigation. I wonder if all the Oct applicants who are waiting for PPR face the same background check complications.

Reactions: ccua

ITGirl

Jan 8, 2015
Hi, can someone please let me know what status is this application in?

Application Status:
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We need additional documents to process your application. We will send you a letter or email with details.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
We have the same status.

ccua

Oct 20, 2021
Hi ccua,

No, I haven’t received a request for the second medical exam. I guess that may be due to inland and the current policy may wave the 2nd one for them. However, I know a case that one inland applicant was requested for the 2nd one, then later got PPR a week later. so it is hard to say if 2nd request is bad thing.

I guess the government service/military service/police service work experience may prolong the processing time as the background and/or security checks take longer and sometimes involve a third party for investigation. I wonder if all the Oct applicants who are waiting for PPR face the same background check complications.
Thanks for responding! Hoping to get the request soon and get their passport stamped before end the year!
With regards to inland application, would you happen to know if it’s possible that they fly and stay here (using their visitor visa) until they get their PR? I was thinking of booking them a one way flight (i know i needed to do some research on this one) Thanks!!