+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

loveanurse

Oct 20, 2021
Based on the GCMS notes, what is still in progress for your application? Security check is left blank in my application's GCMS notes, and I was told by Call Centre agents that the only remaining part of the application is Security Check.
Same thing: criminality check not started.
Last time they opened the file was april 2023 when I emailed cic for the update.

faroquex

Star Member
May 18, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
Nomination.....
9-8-2013
AOR Received.
3-09-2013
Med's Request
13-11-2014
Med's Done....
17-12-2014
We received the pre-arrival letter today. I am not sure how good the news is. We submitted all additional documents, including medical, PCC, and fee, in February 2023. Can we expect passport requests soon, or is there still a long wait or uncertainty? Anyone who has had the same situation recently.

Angelholy

Aug 22, 2023
Can anyone suggest, how do I request for GCMS notes?
Is the Parents (Principal Applicant) having to request or me (Son) is ok to request on behalf?
Thank you.....
The principal applicant or sponsor can apply but the sponsor has to be an authorized representative on the application. I would advice the principal applicant requesting. It takes about 3 to 4 weeks for it to be emailed back to you tho

NoorPirani

Star Member
Jan 1, 2019
no update on my parents file either from Vancouver office. applied 1 oct 2021, last I heard was sponsor approval in Sep 2022 and then file transferred to Vancouver. Going to pass 23 months of processing time (this is what its showing currently) in 10 days. :(
Same here, no update on my parent's file, applied Nov 2021, and got a pre-arrival letter in Sep 2022, almost a year now, and NO news at all. The processing office is in Vancouver. Tried local MP also, but they are just a time waster.

mjani81

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
Good luc
We received the pre-arrival letter today. I am not sure how good the news is. We submitted all additional documents, including medical, PCC, and fee, in February 2023. Can we expect passport requests soon, or is there still a long wait or uncertainty? Anyone who has had the same situation recently.
Good luck
My last submission was back in March 2023. Awaiting for the updates

ndhindsa

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Hello All,
I am very confused after receiving the GCMS notes today for my parents file. Application submitted: 01 Oct 21; last update I received was September 2022 that file is being transferred to Vancouver and no update since.

I ordered first GCMS notes in June 2023 where nothing really was started

I ordered second GCMS notes in end of July 2023 and now there is a note on file as below:

NOTES: 1
Created Date: 2023/08/01
Updated Date: 2023/08/01
Restricted: N
Label; General
Office: Vancouver Immigration
Text: *BATCH NOTE* Digitized application rec'd in PGP/5133 on this date;

NOTES: 2
Restricted; N
Label: General
Office: CPC Mississauga
Text: ******THIS IS A BATCH NTOE*****
This application has been electronically transferred to Vancouver Immigration for further processing. Email sent to DN advising them to accept transfer and continue processing this application electronically.

Does this mean file was NOT transferred in Sep 2022? and no one has processed the file for 2 years? i am so confused and processing time of 23 months will be passed in 3 days. :(

ndhindsa

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
Hello All,
I am very confused after receiving the GCMS notes today for my parents file. Application submitted: 01 Oct 21; last update I received was September 2022 that file is being transferred to Vancouver and no update since.

I ordered first GCMS notes in June 2023 where nothing really was started

I ordered second GCMS notes in end of July 2023 and now there is a note on file as below:

NOTES: 1
Restricted: N
Label; General
Office: Vancouver Immigration
Text: *BATCH NOTE* Digitized application rec'd in PGP/5133 on this date;

NOTES: 2
Restricted; N
Label: General
Office: CPC Mississauga
Text: ******THIS IS A BATCH NTOE*****
This application has been electronically transferred to Vancouver Immigration for further processing. Email sent to DN advising them to accept transfer and continue processing this application electronically.

Does this mean file was NOT transferred in Sep 2022? and no one has processed the file for 2 years? i am so confused and processing time of 23 months will be passed in 3 days. :(
***update***

I was also able to connect with IRCC over the phone today. Agent confirmed that file was received by Vancouver office just in the beginning of this month. which i think means file was in between both offices (looks like CPC Mississauga never transferred the file until this month nor did they work on it) for 1 year since sponsor approval and none of the visa office touched it :(

Agent added it is completely normal for the processing time to go over the current processing time by few months and which is what will happen with this file :(

Raj2202

Star Member
May 16, 2019
We received pre-arrival letter on June 1, 2023. Nothing after that. waiting for 3 months and I have see few folks waiting for almost 8-9 months.
but some of them got the Passport request in few hours/few days after pre-arrival letter. Its just the waiting game, hope we hear the good news soon.

mjani81

Star Member
Apr 25, 2022
My medical was last year, PCC was submitted in FEb/ early March. Awaiting for the next step.

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
The principal applicant or sponsor can apply but the sponsor has to be an authorized representative on the application. I would advice the principal applicant requesting. It takes about 3 to 4 weeks for it to be emailed back to you tho
I don't think you need to be an authorized representative, you just need to fill out the consent form. That's how companies like gcmsbuddy operate.

ScarletSails

Dec 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
***update***

I was also able to connect with IRCC over the phone today. Agent confirmed that file was received by Vancouver office just in the beginning of this month. which i think means file was in between both offices (looks like CPC Mississauga never transferred the file until this month nor did they work on it) for 1 year since sponsor approval and none of the visa office touched it :(

Agent added it is completely normal for the processing time to go over the current processing time by few months and which is what will happen with this file :(
I am so sorry to hear about what happened to your file. I hope that they will start processing your application promptly now.

Reactions: ndhindsa

ScarletSails

Dec 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FYI, my parent’s medical has passed 12 months, but I have not received any updates.
Hello, my parents' medical exams became expired on August 27, 2023. When I checked GCKEY account on August 28, I noticed that there is a change. Instead of the statement "Latest update: You passed the medical exam: August 27, 2022" that had been shown for a year up until last week, now there is the statement "Latest update: Biometrics: April 19, 2022: Completed."

Did you see any change in GCKEY account after your parents' medical exam expired?