+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

nizam0317

Jun 20, 2018
Hello Everyone. How to link your Parents and Grandparents application to GC Key. I have tried many times but was unable to link.

3hm

Star Member
Dec 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone. How to link your Parents and Grandparents application to GC Key. I have tried many times but was unable to link.
its very tricky, make sure all the information you are filling up are the same with your application.
if you missed, just keep trying. i cant remember how many times before i made it work.

erkaler

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Dear Friends, Finally after waiting of 22 months, have received eCOPR last week for my parents (Inland).

My file was moved to Vancouver from Mississauga office (Nov 2022) and nothing happened for next 5-6 months.
Then Vancouver office asked for 2nd Medical in May 2023 as first one was expired (first medical was in May 2022).

I raised various web forms, requested for GCMS notes, reached out though local MP.
Suddenly received request from Montreal office for eCOPR information. Don't know how and when file moved to Montreal office.

Timelines
File Submitted : Oct 2021
First Medical : May 2022
PCC and supporting documents : Aug 2022
Eligibility Approval : Aug 2022
File moved from Mississauga to Vancouver : Nov 2023
2nd Medical request : May 2023
request to provide information for eCOPR : Aug 4, 2023
eCOPR received : Aug 10, 2023

Overall they are trying to meet 24 months deadline. Raise issue through MP, if you are going to complete 24 months soon.

RRBP

Feb 3, 2022
Dear Friends, Finally after waiting of 22 months, have received eCOPR last week for my parents (Inland).

My file was moved to Vancouver from Mississauga office (Nov 2022) and nothing happened for next 5-6 months.
Then Vancouver office asked for 2nd Medical in May 2023 as first one was expired (first medical was in May 2022).

I raised various web forms, requested for GCMS notes, reached out though local MP.
Suddenly received request from Montreal office for eCOPR information. Don't know how and when file moved to Montreal office.

Timelines
File Submitted : Oct 2021
First Medical : May 2022
PCC and supporting documents : Aug 2022
Eligibility Approval : Aug 2022
File moved from Mississauga to Vancouver : Nov 2023
2nd Medical request : May 2023
request to provide information for eCOPR : Aug 4, 2023
eCOPR received : Aug 10, 2023

Overall they are trying to meet 24 months deadline. Raise issue through MP, if you are going to complete 24 months soon.
congrats!

yes, I agree, I sent my 2nd webform few days ago and then yesterday I received golden email. I am not 100% sure if that is because of webform or not, but I would say that would be a good try!

Felix_PGP2021

Star Member
May 13, 2022
congrats!

yes, I agree, I sent my 2nd webform few days ago and then yesterday I received golden email. I am not 100% sure if that is because of webform or not, but I would say that would be a good try!
RRBP: Do you think webform request has a different affect compared to contacting IRCC by phone? I have reached out to different agents through phone calls. And most of time they share no more information than what is available in the GCkey account.

And they may provide different information. For example, the agent I reached out on Monday told me my file was touched on August 8, and he told me the application is in good shape and no further medical exam required due to the recent policy. The agent I reached out today told me the file was last touched on June 24, and medical exam may be required.

I know we have similar timelines and I feel happy for your great news. However, it has been painful waiting for 8 months without any updates since the pre-arrival letter received in Dec, 2022.

I worked so hard on the preparation and sent the application in early October, 2021, without missing a single document or making a mistake. However, it doesn’t seem to matter much when the submission occurred.

It is a blessing for those who are selected including me and we all need to be patient. But I want to share the anxiety may be common among all.

Thanks!

Reactions: RRBP

RRBP

Feb 3, 2022
RRBP: Do you think webform request has a different affect compared to contacting IRCC by phone? I have reached out to different agents through phone calls. And most of time they share no more information than what is available in the GCkey account.

And they may provide different information. For example, the agent I reached out on Monday told me my file was touched on August 8, and he told me the application is in good shape and no further medical exam required due to the recent policy. The agent I reached out today told me the file was last touched on June 24, and medical exam may be required.

I know we have similar timelines and I feel happy for your great news. However, it has been painful waiting for 8 months without any updates since the pre-arrival letter received in Dec, 2022.

I worked so hard on the preparation and sent the application in early October, 2021, without missing a single document or making a mistake. However, it doesn’t seem to matter much when the submission occurred.

It is a blessing for those who are selected including me and we all need to be patient. But I want to share the anxiety may be common among all.

Thanks!

totally understand and this is really hard time. same for us , we tried to send our application sooner but then we stuck somewhere else in this process.
I honestly never called them till now, but twice webform. and I send the latest one just a week ago!
I am not sure if that is because of webform or not, but I mentioned that their medical will be expire early Oct 2023 and also that 23 months will be pass same time as well. that is all I did regarding webform. maybe just some luck but you won't miss anything by sending webform.

ScarletSails

Dec 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
updated: just recevied the second medical request today.
Which IRCC office is processing your application?
My parents' medical exam is expiring on August 27, and I have not received the second medical request. My application is being processed by London IRCC in Ontario. I have not received any update since August 2022. It has been almost a year without any update.

akriti123

Oct 12, 2017
Any update for anybody from Vancouver office ? Received sponsorship approval in june and nothing after that. No medical no PCC. Applied in Dec 2021 so only 4 months left to surpass 24 months timeline given by IRCC.

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Any update for anybody from Vancouver office ? Received sponsorship approval in june and nothing after that. No medical no PCC. Applied in Dec 2021 so only 4 months left to surpass 24 months timeline given by IRCC.
same, last i heard was last june. over a year and no news from vancouver office lol

ndhindsa

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
no update on my parents file either from Vancouver office. applied 1 oct 2021, last I heard was sponsor approval in Sep 2022 and then file transferred to Vancouver. Going to pass 23 months of processing time (this is what its showing currently) in 10 days. :(