+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

FatemaS

Sep 13, 2017
Oh wow... Mine was Dec 6th but my file stayed at Missisauga office. I checked with my lawyer, but they suggested not doing any follow up as current processing time is 19-24 months. I know it is very frustrating to see some files getting processed so faster and many like us our stuck!!! Patience is virtue and key- I keep reminding myself of this!
Thanks for your respond hope we will get some move soon

NoorPirani

Star Member
Jan 1, 2019
Oh wow... Mine was Dec 6th but my file stayed at Missisauga office. I checked with my lawyer, but they suggested not doing any follow up as current processing time is 19-24 months. I know it is very frustrating to see some files getting processed so faster and many like us our stuck!!! Patience is virtue and key- I keep reminding myself of this!
I submitted the application on 12th Nov 2021, and received Pre-Arrival Letter on 21st September 2022, since then Total silence. I did go to the Local MP office for inquiring, and they said the same thing, wait till your processing time is exceeded (24 months in this case).

ndhindsa

Star Member
Nov 9, 2015
I have checked the processing time today and it shows 23 months (outside QC). My parents file submitted on 01 October 2021 so 01 September 2023 will be 23 months but i have not received any medical request, pcc request or any other update! I am convinced that it will take longer than 23 or 24 months :( . Any suggestions if i should get PCC done for my parents to save time just in case!

amo.gev

Aug 3, 2022
Hi all, my parents arrived few days ago(Vancouver,BC). Do you know, if they are 65+ are they going to have any benefits(besides health care)? I mean is there any type of pension they are eligible to get? I know that I am financially responsible for them next 10 years, but I was hoping they can get something as a senior.
Or, is there any newcomer services that I can use to get the information?
Thanks for your help!

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi all, my parents arrived few days ago(Vancouver,BC). Do you know, if they are 65+ are they going to have any benefits(besides health care)? I mean is there any type of pension they are eligible to get? I know that I am financially responsible for them next 10 years, but I was hoping they can get something as a senior.
Or, is there any newcomer services that I can use to get the information?
Thanks for your help!
You are responsible for them for the next 20 years. That's been changed a long time ago to 20 years.

They are not eligbale for pension (Old age security). Since they've never worked in Canada and just arrived. May be they can get a small amount after they live here for 10 years.

https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/publicpensions/cpp/old-age-security/benefit-amount.html
Old Age Security pension
A pension you can receive if you are 65 years of age or older and have lived in Canada for at least 10 years - even if you have never worked.

If you have lived in Canada less than 40 years
Not everyone receives the full Old Age Security pension. The amount you receive depends on the number of years you have lived in Canada.
If you lived in Canada for less than 40 years (after age 18) you will receive a partial payment amount. Your payment amount is based on the number of years in Canada divided by 40.
You can delay your first payment up to 5 years to get a higher amount.
Example
If you lived in Canada for 20 years

If you lived in Canada for 20 years after age 18, you would receive a payment equal to 20 divided by 40, or 50%, of the full Old Age Security pension.

Other services should be listed in the pre-arrival letter for new comers.

Reactions: RRBP and amo.gev

carling

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
I have checked the processing time today and it shows 23 months (outside QC). My parents file submitted on 01 October 2021 so 01 September 2023 will be 23 months but i have not received any medical request, pcc request or any other update! I am convinced that it will take longer than 23 or 24 months :( . Any suggestions if i should get PCC done for my parents to save time just in case!
I would suggest waiting for doing PCC... Depending what home country your parents are in and how long does it take to get PCC processed. Ideally, you will get Medical request and PCC at the same time.

Reactions: ndhindsa

syedgj

Aug 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad (unfortunately)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-11
Doc's Request.
7-Jul-12
File Transfer...
7-Dec-11
Passport Req..
11-Aug-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-13
LANDED..........
07-Feb-14
police certificates requested, submitted and already expired but the Background Check status still says:
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
is it normal for the background check to not have started even after PCC has been requested?

Reactions: mjani81

sweetnspicy

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO Changed to COLOMBO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2014
Nomination.....
7-1-2015
AOR Received.
11 - 2 - 2015
IELTS Request
Sent along with documents
File Transfer...
11-2-2015
Hey guys, quick question:

Dec 6th 2021 applicant here, we got the PPR on 24th July from Mississauga office, I am wondering if we will get separate letters for both the applicants on just the principal applicant only ?

Please advice.

Reactions: God-Love-First

Anne21

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
Hey guys, quick question:

Dec 6th 2021 applicant here, we got the PPR on 24th July from Mississauga office, I am wondering if we will get separate letters for both the applicants on just the principal applicant only ?

Please advice.
@sweetnspicy I believe the principal applicant only. When did you receive the pre arrival and whats the status of your final decision?

sweetnspicy

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO Changed to COLOMBO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2014
Nomination.....
7-1-2015
AOR Received.
11 - 2 - 2015
IELTS Request
Sent along with documents
File Transfer...
11-2-2015
@sweetnspicy I believe the principal applicant only. When did you receive the pre arrival and whats the status of your final decision?
it has been approved.

Pre-Approval was Saturday 22nd July.

JUNB

Star Member
Oct 5, 2021
I got my pre-arrival service email, may 30 2023
all documents/pcc acknowledge received by IRCC May 25, 2023
the medical exam was approved on April 27, 2023
And up to now no PPR