+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

D

Deleted member 1147296

So many cases are pending of PGP 2019.. confirmed from MP
Do your parents have military or government background? How about your online account status of additional document and background?

Last edited by a moderator:

B.patel

Apr 8, 2017
Folks, I recieved pre-arrival letter yesterday for my parents application. How long is the wait time after pre-arrival letter to receive PPR?

Additionally, I had an oath ceremony for citizenship. Do I need to update my parents application as my status is changed?

D

Deleted member 1147296

Folks, I recieved pre-arrival letter yesterday for my parents application. How long is the wait time after pre-arrival letter to receive PPR?

Additionally, I had an oath ceremony for citizenship. Do I need to update my parents application as my status is changed?
Which office did your case? Mississauga office?

soh075

Aug 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Yes
IELTS Request
Speaking 6.5, Writing 7.0, Reading 7.0, Listening 7.5
Thank you for your response. Is it three weeks from the date of passport sent or from the date IRCC received for processing? I booked my mom's flight ticket for 25th and still haven't received the passport.

I sent it on July 5 and IRCC New Delhi received it on June 9 for processing. Wondering if it will stretch to 30th?
DID YOU GET YOUR MOM PASSPORT FROM NEW DELHI AFTER STAMPING?

Harry0707

Star Member
Feb 1, 2022
Do your parents have military or government background? How about your online account status of additional document and background?
Yes my father retired from military. After second medical we send all additional documents but after that file have stuck background check from last 1.10 years... now 3rd medical done in done November 2022. Status still in process. We have very frustrated. You have any idea please tell me..

D

Deleted member 1147296

Yes my father retired from military. After second medical we send all additional documents but after that file have stuck background check from last 1.10 years... now 3rd medical done in done November 2022. Status still in process. We have very frustrated. You have any idea please tell me..
Yeah, military background check is the most long one. It can last 2 years. I know some PGP 2019 still not done yet. For the security check, it’s no idea. What can do, it’s only to wait.

hassan905

May 7, 2014
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31st July 2014
Nomination.....
25th Nov 2014(PER)
Med's Request
5th Feb 2015
Med's Done....
18th Feb 2015
Interview........
Waived alhamdullilah
Passport Req..
6th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah soon
Has anyone received update from Vancouver office ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all,

I am in situation where my parents can't travel before PR visa expiry date. got my parents passport stamped last week and deadline to enter is 20/Aug/2023. Father not in a position to travel right now due to hernia surgery. Tried calling IRCC multiple times and could not reach agent. Any suggestions on how to reach IRCC or any options to extend the landing window. Thank you.
Unfortunately there isn’t usually an option to extend a COPR. They should land in Canada and return to their home country.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have called IRCC, they said they are processing, nothing else. Ordered GCMS notes, file after moving to Vancouver office in June 2022, nothing has happened. No comments or anything. Raised webform, same thing that they are processing. Will be 24 months in November
This is fairly typical. Not unusual to spend over a year in background parade. They are still in normal processing time. Posted processing times are just estimated averages so some may be faster but also some slower. If they are over a year past posted processing time you can ask your MP to follow-up on why there is a delay but if your processing time is still within normal range compared to others all you can do is wait.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
File Submitted: Nov 23,2021
AOR: April 13,2022
Sponsor Eligibility: April 27,2022 and file transferred to Vancouver
Biometrics: May 2022
Medical Request: Nov 15 and passed on Nov 21,2022
ADR: Govt Positions: Feb 2023
Nothing after that.
More than 19 months

This is normal. Processing times are typically between 2-3 years and there is a long period with no communication during the background check.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Looks like Vancouver office just sitting on files. I haven't received even Medical, don't know, when the entire process of PR will be done?
Medicals are often done at the end now because processing takes a long time. If you did medicals at the beginning they would likely need to be repeated once if not twice. There are lo mg no periods of time (over a year) where you will hear nothing during PGP applications.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
if someone is in Canada on temp. visa gets super visa, how do they convert that, i mean do they have to go to the border and re-enter in Canada to activate super visa status? or it just gets changed in there system that this person is now on super visa not on temp. visa

They must leave and reenter Canada. Would not recommend they go to the US border and try to activate their supervisa that way. They can be denied entry. They should come into a Canada on their supervisa on their next trip back to visit Canada after returning home to reestablish their home country ties. If they would like to try an extend their current visit they should apply for an extension on their TRV without leaving Canada.

Reactions: Stkitts