Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

ScarletSails

Dec 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, I submitted an application to sponsor my parents and my brother on November 25, 2021. The last update was that they "passed medical exam" in August 2022. Application is being processed at London IRCC Office (Ontario). I contacted IRCC multiple times and was told that the last step is "security assessment" ("criminality assessment" has passed in February 2023). They told me that IRCC is waiting for security assessment result from CBSA. Has anyone experienced "security assessment" being in progress for months? I applied for GCMS notes in December 2022 but have not received the notes. I am going to request GCMS notes again. Medical exams are expiring in August 2023, and I hope we will get PPR before then.

Last edited:

Muhammadpk

Star Member
May 18, 2021
1 Oct 2021 : our file was part of lottery
19 Oct 2021: file submitted
10th Jan 2022: further questions asked
21 Jan 2022: Answers submitted
8th July 2022: Request for Medical
28th July 2022: Medical submitted
11 Aug 2022: Request for Police verification
29Aug 2022: Police verification submitted
28 Jan2023: Email mentioning you are eligible for pre arrival services
10 May 2023: Raised an inquiry under Access to Information act
18 May 2023: Passport submission request
22 May 2023 : Submitted Passport in New Delhi office
6 June 2023: Received passport
12 June 2023: Landed in Canada

Bottom line: If it’s taking much longer than usual you can consider raising GCMS notes. In our case we feel we were stuck for almost 5 months waiting for passport request and only after raising inquiry request they suddenly realized our application is stuck.
We recived pre arrival in may now waiting PPR can i raised web form or wait ppr request .plz adivise me thanks

Felix_PGP2021

Star Member
May 13, 2022
We recived pre arrival in may now waiting PPR can i raised web form or wait ppr request .plz adivise me thanks
Good luck! It has been over 6 months since I received pre arrival. Hope you don’t need to wait that long. And I will appreciate it if you can kindly share your timeline.

sahil raizada

Feb 19, 2015
Finally,
Just received the email from IRCC for portal information for my parent's PGP application. Thank you everyone for the support and good luck.
Timeline
Mississauga office
Sep 2021: Application submitted
June 2022: Application returned as incomplete
June 2022: Missing doc provided
August 2022: Online status changed from a return to submitted
November 2022: Biometric, Medical, PCC requested, and other proof of relationship req
November 2022: Biometric did, Medical pass, PCC, and other docs submitted
May 2022: Pre-arrival letter
May 2022: PCC req for Kuwait as my father used to work in Kuwait.
May 2022: PCC Kuwait submitted
June 21, 2023: GC key account updated with
Final decision- Final decision
June 21, 2023 Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
June 22, 2023: Received email from IRCC for portal

Cheers!

Last edited:

NoorPirani

Star Member
Jan 1, 2019
Hi , thank you for sharing this. We received the pre arrival notice on Jan 28 as well but no communications after that. Sorry, how do we do the GCMS notes, is it the Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) online request? Thank you.
Yes it is an Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) online request

Reactions: ccua

User1982

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-04-2016
Doc's Request.
13-05-2016 rcmp
AOR Received.
5-04-2016
Passport Req..
05-12-2016
Received pre-arrival email today .

Date submitted : Dec 4 , 2021
Medical passed : Feb 9 , 2023
Pre-arrival : 22 June 2023

Reactions: God-Love-First

Raj2202

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Finally,
Just received the email from IRCC for portal information for my parent's PGP application. Thank you everyone for the support and good luck.
Timeline
Mississauga office
Sep 2021: Application submitted
June 2022: Application returned as incomplete
June 2022: Missing doc provided
August 2022: Online status changed from a return to submitted
November 2022: Biometric, Medical, PCC requested, and other proof of relationship req
November 2022: Biometric did, Medical pass, PCC, and other docs submitted
May 2022: Pre-arrival letter
May 2022: PCC req for Kuwait as my father used to work in Kuwait.
May 2022: PCC Kuwait submitted
June 21, 2023: GC key account updated with
Final decision- Final decision
June 21, 2023 Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
June 22, 2023: Received email from IRCC for portal

Cheers!
Wow Congrats, Looks like there is a movement from Mississauga office now, I am waiting for PPR for my parents. Hope to receive it soon.

Reactions: God-Love-First

srini132

May 4, 2015
Hi all members,
Anyone, who applied in NOV 2021 for their parents' immigration has received the COPR ?
Yes me.

My mom got her ECOPR 3 Weeks back.

Applied - 28 Nov 2021
AOR - 03 Oct 2022
Additional Documents-03 Oct 2022
Medicals passed- Jan 25 2023

Pre Arrival-May21 2023
ECOPR-May31 2023.

soh075

Aug 22, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Yes
IELTS Request
Speaking 6.5, Writing 7.0, Reading 7.0, Listening 7.5
Hi guys, I got information letter from CIC to send passport photos for my parents with passport . My question is that is this a passport request letter?

Dear :
Please review your contact details above and advise us of any errors or updates. The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform our CPC Mississauga office immediately via the IRCC Web Form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp with details concerning your situation. STEP 1: Change in Circumstances: Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member, you must inform this office immediately:  Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment or death of spouse;  Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a child, including a child born to your accompanying dependent child,  Death of principal applicant, spouse, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring relative;  Change in health;  You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence  Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number. Your failure to inform us of any of these changes may result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa and may render you and your accompanying family members inadmissible to Canada. In addition, failure to declare all of your family members, accompanying or not, will permanently exclude them from sponsorship under the Family Class regulations. STEP 2: Passport Requirements – Determine if you need to submit your passport(s) Determine whether you need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada at: www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/visit/visas.asp a. If your passport is from a country whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit original passport(s) for you and each accompanying family

sahil raizada

Feb 19, 2015
Y
Hi guys, I got information letter from CIC to send passport photos for my parents with passport . My question is that is this a passport request letter?

Dear :
Please review your contact details above and advise us of any errors or updates. The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform our CPC Mississauga office immediately via the IRCC Web Form: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp with details concerning your situation. STEP 1: Change in Circumstances: Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member, you must inform this office immediately:  Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment or death of spouse;  Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a child, including a child born to your accompanying dependent child,  Death of principal applicant, spouse, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring relative;  Change in health;  You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence  Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number. Your failure to inform us of any of these changes may result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa and may render you and your accompanying family members inadmissible to Canada. In addition, failure to declare all of your family members, accompanying or not, will permanently exclude them from sponsorship under the Family Class regulations. STEP 2: Passport Requirements – Determine if you need to submit your passport(s) Determine whether you need a visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada at: www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/visit/visas.asp a. If your passport is from a country whose citizens need a visa to travel to Canada, you will need to submit original passport(s) for you and each accompanying family
yes it’s PPR
Congratulations!

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014

Dear :
Congratulation! Can you please share your timelines?

Amolak817

Jun 16, 2022
It easily takes 3 weeks to get passport back. You should get it around 23rd/26th June.
Thank you for your response. Is it three weeks from the date of passport sent or from the date IRCC received for processing? I booked my mom's flight ticket for 25th and still haven't received the passport.

I sent it on July 5 and IRCC New Delhi received it on June 9 for processing. Wondering if it will stretch to 30th?