11 Aug 2022: Request for Police verification
29Aug 2022: Police verification submitted
28 Jan2023: Email mentioning you are eligible for pre arrival services
10 May 2023: Raised an inquiry under Access to Information act
18 May 2023: Passport submission request
22 May 2023 : Submitted Passport in New Delhi office
6 June 2023: Received passport
12 June 2023: Landed in Canada

Bottom line: If it’s taking much longer than usual you can consider raising GCMS notes. In our case we feel we were stuck for almost 5 months waiting for passport request and only after raising inquiry request they suddenly realized our application is stuck.
Can you please tell from which VFS office you have sent the passport? I sent it on June 5 through VFS Jalandhar and still haven't received back. It is sitting at IRCC office New Delhi for processing since June 9, 2023 and no movement.

Would it be possible for you to check VFS notifications and provide the timeline they took from processing until dispatching? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Amolak

vihan

Star Member
Sep 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 feb 2016
AOR Received.
AOR1 17 march 2016 AOR2 31 march 2016
File Transfer...
21 march 2016 ,DECISION MADE 8 may 2016
Med's Done....
16 jan 2016
Passport Req..
11 may 2016
VISA ISSUED...
5 may 2016
Hi all members.we submit application on 15 nov 2021 .then AOR received on 11 july 2022. Then meet spnosor requirements and application was sent to vancouver immigration on 19 august 2022 . We r unable to check online status of application.pls help us .thanks

ashishm999

Star Member
Nov 7, 2021
Can you please tell from which VFS office you have sent the passport? I sent it on June 5 through VFS Jalandhar and still haven't received back. It is sitting at IRCC office New Delhi for processing since June 9, 2023 and no movement.

Would it be possible for you to check VFS notifications and provide the timeline they took from processing until dispatching? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Amolak
It easily takes 3 weeks to get passport back. You should get it around 23rd/26th June.

Reactions: Amolak817

Ahmed.Sami

Jun 17, 2019
Same here.
Same here too. It appears that this office is exceptionally slow. Despite my MP's efforts to follow up, no progress has been made. The response received stated that the application is still within the expected processing timeframe.

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
Hi Guys,
Please guide me here. My parents are here in Canada since quite some time now on visitor's visa. We recently got their medical done at the end of March this year as a part of visa extension process, their extension got approved even before submitting the medical. However we did our due diligence, since this was asked from us.

Their PR application from 2021 was also in process in parallel, and last week we got another request for medical for their PR application. As mentioned above, they are still here in Canada on visitor's visa. Do we need to go through another medical exam for this PR application or can we submit their IME numbers from their extension application from March this year?
Hello,

Did IRCC ask you to do the medical in March? Since we submitted the PR application, my mother has been on a visitor visa. We are extending the visitor visa as and one required. The timelines are in my signature. Can you please share your timelines?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams.html

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
From the 2021 applicants PGP. Has anyone had a pending visitors visa application as they were processing PGP? My parents had applied last year to the Singapore office and its crossed one year. It is currently on pending review by an officer after some secondary review after I received a response from a webform. Since the delay, we had received lottery and we applied for that since we meet the income threashold. Has there been any examples of this, is a pending visitors visa application an issue? They both have valid biometrics from a previous approved Canadian visa. Thanks!

ccua

Oct 20, 2021
1 Oct 2021 : our file was part of lottery
19 Oct 2021: file submitted
10th Jan 2022: further questions asked
21 Jan 2022: Answers submitted
8th July 2022: Request for Medical
28th July 2022: Medical submitted

Bottom line: If it’s taking much longer than usual you can consider raising GCMS notes. In our case we feel we were stuck for almost 5 months waiting for passport request and only after raising inquiry request they suddenly realized our application is stuck.
Hi , thank you for sharing this. We received the pre arrival notice on Jan 28 as well but no communications after that. Sorry, how do we do the GCMS notes, is it the Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) online request? Thank you.

Felix_PGP2021

Star Member
May 13, 2022
Hi , thank you for sharing this. We received the pre arrival notice on Jan 28 as well but no communications after that. Sorry, how do we do the GCMS notes, is it the Access to Information and Privacy (ATIP) online request? Thank you.
Can you please share your timeline please?

RonyJohny

Apr 1, 2023
Toronto, Canada
LANDED..........
07-11-2019
I applied through gcmsapply.com and received in 21 days. If you are in Canada (PR or Citizen) you can apply directly.

Reactions: ccua and Navi1

Amolak817

Jun 16, 2022
1 Oct 2021 : our file was part of lottery
19 Oct 2021: file submitted
10th Jan 2022: further questions asked
21 Jan 2022: Answers submitted
8th July 2022: Request for Medical
28th July 2022: Medical submitted

Hi Sankal,

I have a urgent request. Can you please tell how long it took for IRCC office to process. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

I sent my mother's passport on June 5. IRCC received the passport on June 9 and is still under process until today. Can you please tell how long it took from the date IRCC received the passport till dispatching.

wizardofwest90210

Star Member
Oct 18, 2022
Hello everyone, since you have had probably a lot of experience with visitors, and currently PGP, wanted to post my question here as well:

I helped my parents apply for visitors visa last year through the Singapore Office. It is still in "secondary review" Since it has been 1 year, I was thinking to reapply. my questions are as follows:

1. Do i have to "retract" the earlier application and then reapply for a new visitors visa?
2. Now that they have also applied for PGP, how does that affect the visitors visa process?
3. Or should we just keep waiting? We applied last April, M.P. requests do not help, same information as we get when we call. At one point it said waiting for officer review.
4. They both have had Canadian visas before, never over stayed any visa around the world. They have a new US visitors visa which I also sent to them via webform.

Thank you for your thoughts, suggestions ahead of time.