+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

RRBP

Feb 3, 2022
Oh my you got Pre-arrival on Mar 16 and still waiting for PPR :oops:

My parents received their Pre-arrival on June 1, 2023. Medicals passed on May 8, 2023. Not sure how long my wait would be then...
yes waiting for a long time now :(

LolaPM

Aug 14, 2022
Hi everyone!

Providing a quick update on the petition to improve the Family Sponsorship (PGP) program to the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship: https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/Petition/Details?Petition=e-4385. The petition already gathered 386 signatures and needs to collect 500 signatures before June 19th to be presented at the House of Commons.

If you're already in the process of submitting documents for the PGP program, there are asks of this petition that can help you as well! For example, the ask to implement processing standards to ensure that families are reunited in a reasonable period of time.

Please, share and sign!

Thank you!

Reactions: syedgj

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
I hope somebody can help me with my situation.

I was married 2017 and SP approval for my ex spouse March 2018. We got divorced last March 2019. I applied my parents application October 2021. I know that I am responsible for 3 years of sponsorship to my ex spouse and it was done last March 2021, so I thought I am only family of 3 (three). I have linked their application and was link for 3 members. Unfortunately, I received a letter that I am not eligible to sponsor my parents because my ex spouse still in effect.

I received another letter stating that I have 30 days to add more details regarding about my income.

What Should I do? What are documents that I need to provide so they re consinder that we are only 3 members now?

Please help , if there is somebody same in my situation.
What was your ex-spouse's landing date? I think that's what they look at, not the SP approval date.

B.patel

Apr 8, 2017
Hello guys if anyone have any thought please advise. Applied for parents Nov 2022. Received incomplete application than given 30days to which submitted back in April end. Yesterday informed about not qualify due to Lico. Today applicant Received BIO to be done by July. My question is if not qualify why send to do BIO next day? Should we go ahead and do BIO? Please anyone got any answer would greatly appreciated.
Because you might have selected to continue processing the application even you are not eligible.

It was the case for me too, however, CPO miscalculated my family size (it was a simple math). Anyway, reassessing the family size ( contacted cic and submitted the web form explaining the scenario) helped to be eligible. Hope this would help you and you can try yours.

B.patel

Apr 8, 2017
Looking for a guidance here: My parents' bio, PCC and medical are done. Maybe the next step is only PPR left.

We have an occasion by August and still waiting for PPR. Not sure, how long will it take. Requested GCMS note in December and have not received yet (submitted additional docs whenever requested), but have not received the note yet.

Would it be a good idea to apply for visitor visa or is there any risk involved in it that may affect existing Sponsorship application?

dildeep2007

Jan 7, 2018
hello folks
is there any excel sheet for 2021 PGP applications to track the timeline. I Know timeline is very random, but just wondering if there is any, please reply under my thread.
Thanks

Jul 14, 2020
Hello everyone,

how long usually takes for passport request after receiving medical surveillance undertaking letter. I have revived on may 16th for my mother but haven’t revived any update since. No passport request or No update at all. Online account says its Under process.

Thank you.