+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

JUNB

Star Member
Oct 5, 2021
Does it give you any useful information? I submitted on April 2nd, still waiting for it
for my application, the information I am seeking arrive earlier, on March 31, 2023, on my GCkey account. While the GCM report arrives on April 24, 2023, with all the information/works done on my app

Last edited:

shabnam13

Jan 30, 2018
I have sumbitted application on Dec 3rd 2021, and medical exam passed on July 2022, pcc plus relation docs sumbitted on Aug 2022. They have requested additional doc on Dec 2022 which have been sumbitted by end of Dec, recieved the pre arrival on Jan 15 2023, have been waiting for PPR email honestly. Today, recieved an update that we started reviewing the additional docs.. I thought pre arrival is kind of last step and additional doc already have been reviewed.. it is so disappointing there do not have transparant steps and we are just watching our emails constantly! I think they will request re-do medical as expiry date is close.. if you had same experience, apperciate share your thoughts.. thanks!

ashishm999

Star Member
Nov 7, 2021
I have sumbitted application on Dec 3rd 2021, and medical exam passed on July 2022, pcc plus relation docs sumbitted on Aug 2022. They have requested additional doc on Dec 2022 which have been sumbitted by end of Dec, recieved the pre arrival on Jan 15 2023, have been waiting for PPR email honestly. Today, recieved an update that we started reviewing the additional docs.. I thought pre arrival is kind of last step and additional doc already have been reviewed.. it is so disappointing there do not have transparant steps and we are just watching our emails constantly! I think they will request re-do medical as expiry date is close.. if you had same experience, apperciate share your thoughts.. thanks!
This email is a very good sign "we started reviewing the additional docs. " I too got this email just few days before getting PPR.
This email doesn't mean they will ask for more docs. It just means they are reviewing additional docs submitted later by applicant , before sending PPR request.

Reactions: shabnam13

shabnam13

Jan 30, 2018
This email is a very good sign "we started reviewing the additional docs. " I too got this email just few days before getting PPR.
This email doesn't mean they will ask for more docs. It just means they are reviewing additional docs submitted later by applicant , before sending PPR request.
Thanks for your input, hoping so :)

MDM23

Dec 7, 2015
I am asked for re medical as they are expiring , but this time we need to upload some information sheet that medical clinic will provide, it wasn’t the case during the first medicals. However I didn’t receive any emails that they’re reviewing additional docs, rather it says they’re waiting for me to upload confirmation of remedical but I see that the background check is ‘not applicable’, it was ‘in progress’ before receding the remedical request. Hope this helps.

Reactions: shabnam13

fallancer

Jun 1, 2022
I've received PRR right after the strike is over, thought to share my timeline for reference:
Process Offices: Mississauga
2021.10.26 Application Submitted
2022.7.7 AOR
2022.7.28 Additional Document Request: For Sponsor
2022.10.21 Medical, PCC and Relationship documents.
2022.10.26 Sponsor Approval
2023.5.5 PRR and Pre-arrival Letters
2023.5.7 Passport Sent In

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Are there any PGPs applications from Quebec in 2021? After CSQ what is the next step! How do we proceed?
For me it was biometrics, then csq and medical at around the same time last October, then request for pcc's in February. Now waiting for ppr.

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
What is a processing center? Mississauga or Vancouver? This is a good sign.

Rsingh401

Dec 1, 2021
Hlo guys i just checked the application status via phone automated service and its saying
We are reviewing medical results and we haven't done medical exam or received Req. To do so.

However my mother have done in feb 2022 for a another visa but dad had medical before but thats expired!!

Im in 2022 draw and what this status means anyone knows??

syedgj

Aug 5, 2011
Visa Office......
Islamabad (unfortunately)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-Oct-11
Doc's Request.
7-Jul-12
File Transfer...
7-Dec-11
Passport Req..
11-Aug-12
VISA ISSUED...
26-Nov-13
LANDED..........
07-Feb-14
Last edited:

AMR2011

Aug 20, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Dec-2011, Federal App Rec. in NS: 29-June-2015(Sent:18/6)
Doc's Request.
CSQ: 04-03-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ: 29-05-2015
AOR Received.
04-02-2012; Federal AOR: 7-August 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
Med's Request
04-02-2016
Med's Done....
11-02-2016
Interview........
NIL
Passport Req..
"Medical Received": 26-02-2016; PPR: 29-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made: 29-02-2016; Visa Issued: 3/3/2016
LANDED..........
4-Oct-2016; PR Card received: 15th Dec 2016!!!!!
For me it was biometrics, then csq and medical at around the same time last October, then request for pcc's in February. Now waiting for ppr.
Thanks Hodari. I already have biometrics valid for 10years and Medical for Supervisa was passed last March 2022. Not sure if they will ask again. And now my mother is here in Canada. So just waiting for the next steps. Which Visa Office handled your case. Mine is Vancouver. I got federal approval of sponsorship and they asked to contact MIFI. Which i think is an indication to use the previous biometrics itself. Now i have the CSQ last week. Did you upload the CSQ and other Sponsorship approval somehwhere? OR we should wait for their request again. When i contacted MIFI last week, they said, they have sent a confirmation of my approval to Federal already

hodari

Mar 28, 2018
Quebec
Thanks Hodari. I already have biometrics valid for 10years and Medical for Supervisa was passed last March 2022. Not sure if they will ask again. And now my mother is here in Canada. So just waiting for the next steps. Which Visa Office handled your case. Mine is Vancouver. I got federal approval of sponsorship and they asked to contact MIFI. Which i think is an indication to use the previous biometrics itself. Now i have the CSQ last week. Did you upload the CSQ and other Sponsorship approval somehwhere? OR we should wait for their request again. When i contacted MIFI last week, they said, they have sent a confirmation of my approval to Federal already
Mine is also Vancouver. Even though MIFI said they sent the CSQ approval to IRCC, I still received letter from IRCC requesting copy of CSQ, as well as PCC.
I recommend you send the CSQ via webform. Plus I also hear that IRCC accepts upfront PCC as well if you want to get that done from now.