Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

RRBP

Feb 3, 2022
Hi All
I dont remember all dates

applied PGP in OCT2021
Medical and PCC sent in Nov2022
PRP and Pre arrival in Apr2023
passport sent to VFS last week and received it back today (8 days) and GC Key changed to Approved
Thanks, so then you received passport request before they went on strike!

@t

Apr 4, 2023
hi guys,

I checked mine as well and not any changes there. it is still said :
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
so then not everyone has that and maybe they work on some file
I think the strike has a partial effect depending on which union represents them. Considering some movement here and there, I think we can still have some hope.

Reactions: RRBP

RRBP

Feb 3, 2022
I think the strike has a partial effect depending on which union represents them. Considering some movement here and there, I think we can still have some hope.
correct. where is your visa office?
oh I see, same as mine! :)

mayooran2021

Jan 26, 2022
Brampton
nope, i have requested GCMS notes a month ago. Havent received anything. I am guessing we wont hear anything from them atleast until strike is over.
Are you parents in Canada?
parents are back home. almost 11 months still waiting for medical request? I do not konw what to do?

Last edited:

movais

Sep 10, 2018
parents are back home. almost 11 months still waiting for medical request? I do not what to do?
Yea, its unfortunate. I would mind if process is long as long as we get regular updates. but almost 11 months radio silent is stupid.
Unfortunately with IRCC, there is nothing we can do apart from waiting. With the strike i feel like we wont be hearing from them anytime soon! I am just unlucky with IRCC, all my applications generally was over average timelines lol

RRBP

Feb 3, 2022
nope, i have requested GCMS notes a month ago. Havent received anything. I am guessing we wont hear anything from them atleast until strike is over.
Are you parents in Canada?
what do you expect to see in GCMS? I m no sure if I ask for it at this point. just waiting for passport request. Pre-Arrival was received more than a month ago. not sure if they have something there in GCMS about the pass request date tho

mayooran2021

Jan 26, 2022
Brampton
Yea, its unfortunate. I would mind if process is long as long as we get regular updates. but almost 11 months radio silent is stupid.
Unfortunately with IRCC, there is nothing we can do apart from waiting. With the strike i feel like we wont be hearing from them anytime soon! I am just unlucky with IRCC, all my applications generally was over average timelines lol
hopefully we will get our medical soon.

movais

Sep 10, 2018
what do you expect to see in GCMS? I m no sure if I ask for it at this point. just waiting for passport request. Pre-Arrival was received more than a month ago. not sure if they have something there in GCMS about the pass request date tho
Im not sure man lol anything? just to see the notes wth is going on. I am waiting for medical for almost 11 months? Like i understand the process takes times but sitting on no movement for almost a year is ridiculous.

Reactions: RRBP

MDM23

Dec 7, 2015
Recevied request to do medicals again but the wordings on the letter are not indicating that the current medical is expiring and hence the new request. The wordings are as below:

'Medical Examination Instructions
These medical instructions are being issued as your immigration application has reached the stage where medical
examination results are now required. Please read these instructions carefully.
When to complete your Immigration Medical Examination
You are required to undergo the medical examination within 30 days of the date of this letter.
Who may complete your Immigration Medical Examination
Your medical examination must be performed by a doctor from the IRCC list of Panel Physicians. The list of Panel
Physicians to find a doctor in your area:
How to complete your Immigration Medical Examination
Book an appointment with a Panel Physician in your area as soon as possible. If you are unable to complete your
medical examination within the 30 day timeframe provided, it is your responsibility to inform the IRCC office responsible
for processing your application as soon as possible.
Once your medical examination has been completed the Panel Physician will submit medical results to IRCC for
assessment. To obtain a copy of your Immigration Medical Examination please ask the panel physician at the time of
your appointment.'

Has anyone else received second medical request with above wordings?

immg.applicant

Oct 8, 2020
Need some help, I got my PCC from India (through High Commission of India) and in the letter it says it is valid for “Immigration purposes other than citizenship for Canada”. Now I am confused as to whether it’s okay to submit it or should it say valid for “Residency Permit for Canada” ?

Last edited:

Lucky2020

Oct 10, 2020
Need some help, I got my PCC from India (through High Commission of India) and in the letter it says it is valid for “Immigration purposes other than citizenship for Canada”. Now I am confused as to whether it should say valid for “Residency Permit for Canada” ?
No Indian PCC mention
……….issued at xxxx, on xx/xx/xxxx which would render him or her ineligible for RESIDENCE PERMIT for CANADA.,

i think when you requested PCC you didnt mention that this PCC is for immigration purpose