+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

ashishm999

Star Member
Nov 7, 2021
Hi All,

Want to thank everyone who has helped provide useful information on this forum. I found it very helpful and appreciate the way people have been helping each other.

My parents landed here on April 13th and experience at airport immigration was good, no issues except some wait time for interview by Border officer.
Main docs required are stamped passport (with permanent resident immigration visa) and COPR document.

Apart from it, you would need to provide Canadian address where they could send PR card. (No address proof was asked).

Make sure you are carrying COPR document in hand luggage , a family was sent back because their COPR was in checked-in luggage.
It is advised to have travel insurance for atleast a week, before you get health card here.

Carry reports/receipt of medical test done for PR application (though they didn't ask us for this).

Last edited:

Annie91

Nov 3, 2022
Hello all ,
I have applied for parents grand parents 2021 program for my family in Dec 2021. Last update was received AOR and file transfer to Vancouver office on 23rd Feb, 2023. No update since then. Anyone else in the same boat or received AOR around 23 Feb, 2023 ?

kanishka24

Feb 2, 2023
Hi All,

Want to thank everyone who has helped provide useful information on this forum. I found it very helpful and appreciate the way people have been helping each other.

My parents landed here on April 13th and experience at airport immigration was good, no issues except some wait time for interview by Border officer.
Main docs required are stamped passport (with permanent resident immigration visa) and COPR document.

Apart from it, you would need to provide Canadian address where they could send PR card. (No address proof was asked).

Make sure you are carrying COPR document in hand luggage , a family was sent back because their COPR was in checked-in luggage.
It is advised to have travel insurance for atleast a week, before you get health card here.

Carry reports/receipt of medical test done for PR application (though they didn't ask us for this).
Are they also giving sin number at airport during entry these days?

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
Hello all ,
I have applied for parents grand parents 2021 program for my family in Dec 2021. Last update was received AOR and file transfer to Vancouver office on 23rd Feb, 2023. No update since then. Anyone else in the same boat or received AOR around 23 Feb, 2023 ?
Hello,

Can you please share your timelines? My timelines are in my signature.

Regards,
Rajat

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
Hello,

I got Portal request for my Parents from Calgary Office
I have submitted Pictures, address confirmation on portal since Jan 12th but there is still no eCOPR to download. Is there anyone else who is in the same queue or have update that they can share.

Any update on timeline for someone who is working or something who got it i would really appreciate it, Thanks in Advance
Any progress?

TorontoPunjabi

May 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
IELTS Request
8 Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-02-2017
Passport Req..
19-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2017
LANDED..........
20-07-2017
Hello all ,
Same. File was transferred to Vancouver office in November 2022 and no update since then. Applied in November 2021 and Medical and Biometrics passed in May 2022. Sent additional documents in Oct 2022.

Reactions: jojozhumj

RRBP

Feb 3, 2022
hi guys,

now is more than a month I received pre arrival letter and nothing after that. is anyone here with the same situation?

drajpoot

Champion Member
Aug 4, 2014
hi guys,

now is more than a month I received pre arrival letter and nothing after that. is anyone here with the same situation?
I received pre arrival almost two and half month before. No update after that
Processing office - Vancouver

regards
D.

Reactions: RRBP

jessiezhai

Star Member
Nov 13, 2018
Hello,

Can you please share your timelines? My timelines are in my signature.

Regards,
Rajat
Seen from your timeline, from the time all documents are complete and submitted to their decision made for final approval it took SIX months, is it normal or not? It is pretty long though.

Calgary2014

Nov 16, 2016
Visa Office......
Inland
My parents' application (submitted in Nov 2021) is being processed at the Mississauga office. There have been a few back and force since then (ADR, Medical, RPRF, and updated passport info) the last one was updated passport and RPRF in Jan 2023. The issue is that I can't link their application to my father's MYCIC nor can I link it to mine. I have contacted the visa office and submitted webform but nobody seems to know why I can't link their application. Any tip as how I can check their application status?