+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Hi Bimpsy, my parents are also submitting from Nigeria and received Passport request Match 9, 2023. Please do you know if they need to go to the VFA office to submit or send by mail via DHL?

Also the VFA site is a bit confusing as I wanted to book the passport submission appointment but it appears it may be only walk in.

Do you have any info on how this is done? I didn't submitted my own application in Nigeria and don't know the process.
I have heard mixed feedbacks on this, some say DHL no longer offers return and that they have to go to VFA to pick up. In my case, they would drop it off themselves on Monday in VFS VI.

dpyadav

Mar 12, 2023
Decision made today... Just waiting for the passport to be back and get the flight tickets....
Thank you all for the help!
Submitted my passport on 28th Feb, 23 VFS new delhi office for PR stamping (PGPR). Still under process. How much time they take to complete the process.

Ronnie.P

Mar 12, 2023
Hi everyone,
My wife and I are sponsoring my mother-in-law and I have a feeling that our application has not progressed at all. Can someone please confirm? If so, what should I do next?

Application submitted: December 05, 2021
Medical request: June 08, 2022
Medical completed: June 18, 2022
PCC Request: July 19, 2022
Request for extension for submission of PCC: 11 Aug. 2022
30 day extension granted: 23 Aug. 2022
PCC submitted: 14 Sept. 2022
Waiting for next steps after this.

I have not been able to link my application to any online account - it says application could not be found.
I filled up the webform to enquire status and today they came back saying the application is in progress but did not provide any details. The application is in Mississauga office.

Please help me to understand what is happening.
We have almost same timeline..
We have submitted our PCC in September 02 2022. I received an email on March 7 2023 about documents has been received by IRCC.. We received passport request on March 8 from CPC Mississauga.. I hope yours will come soon..All the best to everyone..

Reactions: pranab24

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
We have almost same timeline..
We have submitted our PCC in September 02 2022. I received an email on March 7 2023 about documents has been received by IRCC.. We received passport request on March 8 from CPC Mississauga.. I hope yours will come soon..All the best to everyone..
Congratulations Ronnie!, Can you provide some details about your timelines and processing office? Thanks!

Ronnie.P

Mar 12, 2023
Congratulations Ronnie!, Can you provide some details about your timelines and processing office? Thanks!
Application submitted- Nov 06,2021
Biometrics - April 06,2022
Medical request- June 08, 2022
Medical submitted- June 20, 2022
Pcc request- Aug 19, 2022
Pcc submitted—September 02, 2022
Passport request- March 8, 2023

Nilkanth Lucky

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
Doc's Request.
July, 2016
Nomination.....
September, 2016
AOR Received.
October, 2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
08-04-2017
Hello Friends,
I need some advice.
-Additional documents submitted on Sept 2022
-No response yet except GC key status states provided documents have been uploaded.
-Waiting for next communication.
-I am planning to book flights for my parents in April second week.
But not sure, should I wait for PPR request or call them on Visitor visa (they already have visitor visa) specially the web form response time is not clear.
-What if I booked the flights and get PPR request? Not having enough time to submit passport to vfs and get it back from vfs
-What if they come here, I submit the webform to change in address and meantime get PPR?

Thank you.

sexychill

Aug 21, 2012
Visa Office......
EDMONTON - MANILA
Hello,

I still didn't get any update, since last September 2022. Is there anyone same as mine? I don't know what to do now. :(

GK1001

Oct 21, 2021
Submitted my passport on 28th Feb, 23 VFS new delhi office for PR stamping (PGPR). Still under process. How much time they take to complete the process.
Same timeline, submitted my Parents Passport on 28th Feb, Received at Delhi IRCC on 2nd March. The VFS tracker still shows in process at IRCC office. If anyone know the exact number of days it takes for Passport to be stamped and returned?

ashishm999

Star Member
Nov 7, 2021
Same timeline, submitted my Parents Passport on 28th Feb, Received at Delhi IRCC on 2nd March. The VFS tracker still shows in process at IRCC office. If anyone know the exact number of days it takes for Passport to be stamped and returned?
There is no exact number, but for a recent case it took total 18 calendar days to get passport delivered back home, from the day it was dropped at VFS Pune.

ashishm999

Star Member
Nov 7, 2021
For a recent case it took total 18 calendar days to get passport delivered back home, from the day it was dropped at VFS Pune.

pranab24

Star Member
May 5, 2017
I am having difficulty linking my mother-in-law's PGP application to her GIC account. So please help me with the following questions:
  • Whose account should the application be linked to? The applicant's (my mother-in-law) or the sponsor's (my wife)
  • Is the Application number and UCI number the safest way to search? If so, is it applicant's UCI or sponsor's UCI?
  • Are there any generic pitfalls (other than the ones listed by IRCC) that I should know about?