+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

indcan21

Feb 27, 2023
Hi Guys

My parents submitted Medicals, PCC and Biometrics all in early February. My mom received a request for additional medical tests on Feb 14.

She did went for the additional tests and they said the report takes almost 8 weeks to get generated as sputum test need that much time for test. But The email asking for the additional test said they have to be done by March 14.(30days from the time the email was sent).

"You have 30 days from the date of this letter to make an appointment to comply with this request."

I am confused now, should I send a webform informing the status or Just wait as the IME number might have the details associated. It says make an appointment to comply with the request but never mentioned they should receive the results with in 30days. I am sure they know the medical test(sputum test) they have asked for require 8-10 weeks for analysis.

Can someone please help with my understanding here? or tell me if its a good idea to send out a webform with these details.?

Also after submitting all the documents listed on the GCKey portal, the status still says "Your action is required", does that mean, they haven't seen my additional docs yet?
Deadline was Feb 24, which is passed and I have uploaded all the documents on Feb 22. someone please clarify.

cc: @Heli darji

Thanks
Raj
doesnt matter how long it will take ircc to recieve report. But you should book an appointment and complete your medical check with in 30 days of the letter.

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Hi, when can I submit the PCC? Is it after getting sponsor approval letter or shall I wait until IRCC asks me to submit it?
It would be really helpful if someone can guide me.
thanks
You can submit upfront anytime but remember that PCC is valid for 6 months in most countries. I did upfront medical after sponsor approval.

Reactions: immg.applicant

CanSpo

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
Yes Uploaded through GC key under applican't name for both parents but name your file with seperate name. For example father's name xxxxxx pcc and upload another pcc as your mom's name xxxx pcc.
That's I did.

When it's accepted you will see under Review of additional documents status it will change to "Not applicable
See my timeline in signature.
Thank you . Upload was with two different file names. and Review of additional documents status is "Not applicable" at present but dont know since when it is like this. Hoping everything is alright. Upload on January 19 since then no communication so worried when Vancouver office will act.

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Hi Everyone

Happy to say that the wait is finally coming to an end. Grateful to God for the journey this far.

Application submitted- Oct 17, 2021 (Parents in law and 2 dependants)
Country of origin- Nigeria
Request for IMM5406- Dec 14, 2021
Ghost email March 4, 2022
Biometrics letter for dependants (2)- April 4, 2022 (Parents have biometrics on file)
Linking to IRCC portal- April 4, 2022
Sponsorship approval letter via email- April 6 2022, Application forwarded to Montreal Immigration for further processing
PCC submitted upfront- April 13 2022
Medical request- Sept 28, 2022 (Additional medical procedure requested for PA to clear out TB suspicion, this included a 3 month wait for sputum test result)
All medical procedures completed with IOM- Jan 21 2023
IRCC Procedural Fairness letter letting us know IOM had not sent the medical result. Feb 18 2023. We followed up with IOM immediately.
Medical passed Feb 22, 2023
Medical surveillance letter- March 8, 2023
Passport request- March 9, 2023 (Vancouver office, guess it was reassigned from Montreal)

vicwarm

Aug 25, 2022
Hi Everyone

Happy to say that the wait is finally coming to an end. Grateful to God for the journey this far.

Biometrics letter for dependants (2)- April 4, 2022 (Parents have biometrics on file)
Sponsorship approval letter via email- April 6 2022, Application forwarded to Montreal Immigration for further processing
Medical request- Sept 28, 2022 (Additional medical procedure requested for PA to clear out TB suspicion, this included a 3 month wait for sputum test result)
IRCC Procedural Fairness letter letting us know IOM had not sent the medical result. Feb 18 2023. We followed up with IOM immediately.
Passport request- March 9, 2023 (Vancouver office, guess it was reassigned from Montreal)
Congrats. How did you do the upfront PCC submit? Through webform? Thanks.

Raj2202

Star Member
May 16, 2019
doesnt matter how long it will take ircc to recieve report. But you should book an appointment and complete your medical check with in 30 days of the letter.
Thanks for your response. Medical check is completed already. do I have to create a webform to inform the same? or it doesn't matter?

Raj2202

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Hi Everyone

Hi I am in a similar situation. My mom (co-applicant) has to clear out TB suspicion, her medicals completed but not sure how long the wait will be from here on. I have never heard of IRCC procedural fairness letter and Medical Surveillance letter? What are those and what's IOM?

THanks
Raj

Raj2202

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Hi Raj
As long as your mother did medical test with in 30 of request you don't need to worry about the result and until officer doesn't review it you won't see medical passed date.
For safe side if you want to send web form you can do that. Send medical receipt. You really don't need to send it but if you want.
Thank you @Heli darji

pranab24

Star Member
May 5, 2017
Hi everyone,
My wife and I are sponsoring my mother-in-law and I have a feeling that our application has not progressed at all. Can someone please confirm? If so, what should I do next?

Application submitted: December 05, 2021
Medical request: June 08, 2022
Medical completed: June 18, 2022
PCC Request: July 19, 2022
Request for extension for submission of PCC: 11 Aug. 2022
30 day extension granted: 23 Aug. 2022
PCC submitted: 14 Sept. 2022
Waiting for next steps after this.

I have not been able to link my application to any online account - it says application could not be found.
I filled up the webform to enquire status and today they came back saying the application is in progress but did not provide any details. The application is in Mississauga office.

Please help me to understand what is happening.

Reactions: deryk.rodrigues

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
Hi everyone,
My wife and I are sponsoring my mother-in-law and I have a feeling that our application has not progressed at all. Can someone please confirm? If so, what should I do next?

Application submitted: December 05, 2021
Medical request: June 08, 2022
Medical completed: June 18, 2022
PCC Request: July 19, 2022
Request for extension for submission of PCC: 11 Aug. 2022
30 day extension granted: 23 Aug. 2022
PCC submitted: 14 Sept. 2022
Waiting for next steps after this.

I have not been able to link my application to any online account - it says application could not be found.
I filled up the webform to enquire status and today they came back saying the application is in progress but did not provide any details. The application is in Mississauga office.

Please help me to understand what is happening.
I agree. It looks like the Mississauga office stopped processing the application received after Dec 1st. I am in the same boat. I see a few more like us.

ICE85

Oct 5, 2014
Hi Everyone

Hi Bimpsy, my parents are also submitting from Nigeria and received Passport request Match 9, 2023. Please do you know if they need to go to the VFA office to submit or send by mail via DHL?

Also the VFA site is a bit confusing as I wanted to book the passport submission appointment but it appears it may be only walk in.

Do you have any info on how this is done? I didn't submitted my own application in Nigeria and don't know the process.

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Hi I am in a similar situation. My mom (co-applicant) has to clear out TB suspicion, her medicals completed but not sure how long the wait will be from here on. I have never heard of IRCC procedural fairness letter and Medical Surveillance letter? What are those and what's IOM?

THanks
Raj
IOM is one of the approved panel physicians that conducts medicals in my country of origin. IRCC gave us 30 days with the procedural fairness letter to submit the updated medical report as they had not received it from the Panel physician, so I followed up with IOM and asked them for the IME copy which I attached in the GC Key placeholder they created for us. Medical surveillance letter is a form the applicant with TB test would take along while landing and is required to take TB test in Canada within 30 days of arriving in Canada