+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Got Aor in june, he was 22 at that time, that means he is not a dependent anymore. But when I submitted complete application he was 21 then.
I believe he should be fine since IRCC gave the AOR anyways and did not say otherwise, Please see this link, one can argue that its the date you submitted if it was a complete application. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/dependent-children.html

'Date IRCC receives a complete application for permanent residence from the principal applicant (for parents and grandparents, this applies only to applications received on or after January 1, 2014)'

Reactions: akriti123

GusCAN

Apr 25, 2022
Does anyone know what is the expire date of the PR Visa? It is one year after completion of the medical or 1 year after medical approval?

RAVALI CHUKKA

Jun 20, 2011
Hi everyone,
I got an email stating that i am eligible as sponsor. Would they be sending another mail requesting for PCC . Or should I just apply for PCC now?

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
Hi everyone,
I got an email stating that i am eligible as sponsor. Would they be sending another mail requesting for PCC . Or should I just apply for PCC now?
Hello,

You might receive another email. But, if you have PCC go ahead and submit or apply. Usually, you will receive a PCC email within 2 weeks. Can you please share your timelines?

Regards,
Rajat

deryk.rodrigues

Star Member
Dec 11, 2020
Hi everyone,
Please share your current timeline in below format to be added to the tracker:

Sponsored Person: (Parent/s, Grandparent/s, In Law/s)
Parents Country of Citizenship:
Your Province:
Invitation Date:
Application Submitted Date:
Additional Doc Req: (Name of form/s) + Date:
Sponsor Approval:
Biometrics Date:

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Ok so my parents and my brother got the E-COPR finally, waiting for the PR card now.

The other brother is in the States, and will send his passport shortly for his PR Visa.

This has been quite the journey!

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
Still no news from the Ankara embassy after the passport request. It is more than 6 weeks that they have received the passport. Will send a webform today

• Sad
Reactions: Bimpsy_7

Abiebie

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
I submitted my parents application on December 6,2021 and my brother was 21 at that time, turned 22 in January. Would he be considered as dependent still ?
we have the same submission date. also my brother is a dependent and was 21years when I applied. since you submitted the full application before 22years then you are fine. I got eligibility letter and my brother has done his biometrics.

aminpayal17

Jun 19, 2014
what is ECOPR and in which stage does one receive that? Is it after visa stamping?
ECOPR are given to people who are already in Canada on visitor visa or super visa. You don’t need to get your passport stamping for PR, after receiving your ECOPR , you will get PR card in mail in your Canadian address

akriti123

Oct 12, 2017
we have the same submission date. also my brother is a dependent and was 21years when I applied. since you submitted the full application before 22years then you are fine. I got eligibility letter and my brother has done his biometrics.
Good to know. My brother already had biometrics so it got Updated and i just got the eligibility letter.
We should be fine i guess

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

Paradise

Dec 19, 2011
Hello Everyone,

Received my Pre-arrival and passport request yesterday. I am the principal applicant and my husband the dependent, will be submitting my passports shortly through VFS (India), can anyone clarify the passport request letter has come in my name and nowhere my husband's name mentioned. Do I need to submit myself and my husband's passports together in the same envelope or should it be in separate envelope. My consultant says it has to be in separate envelope. I am a bit confused as to why it needs to be submitted in separate envelope as the passport request letter has come in my name.

Also myself and my husband have new passport and the same has been updated to CIC, do we need to send old passports along with new passports?

Kindly clarify.

All the best for everyone here!

Jujuangel

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
12-03-2012 - Online Application
Doc's Request.
01-04 2012
Nomination.....
21-01-2013 -LOA dated 10-10-2012
AOR Received.
27-03-2013
IELTS Request
Done
File Transfer...
15-07-2013 in ADVO
Med's Request
14-08-2013
Med's Done....
19-08-2013 < ECAS Medical Received 08-25-2013>
Interview........
27-09-2012
Passport Req..
27-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2013
LANDED..........
01-11-2013
Got Pre arrival service and Passport request on Feb 27 at the same time . anyone from Philippines here? i just need question on managers cheque and dropping the passports to lbc