+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
We received Pre-arrival services letter before they requested PCC and Additional info. It is what it is.
Either Vancouver office is very busy or they hired a bunch of new agents who received minimal training and have minimal clue.
Congrats on reaching the finish line!
Thank you.

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Congratulations!
My parents are now in Canada & I received pre arrival services letter already.
What should I expect now? Password request or PR approval letter?
If your parents address is canada then PR portal login request letter with PR approval letter and if address is outside of Canada then Passport request.

Reactions: SubaRaj

ccua

Oct 20, 2021
Hi Everyone,
I hope someone can enlighten me or advise me on the best thing to do.
We got am email received on Jan1 requesting for police certificate needed to be submitted by Jan.28 if not, application might be rejected. My father is currently with me here in Canada under tourist visa and it will take a while for us to get the police certificate and most likely it will not be in time for the deadline. I have already raised a web form informing them about the situation and tried to call the IRCC number to speak to an agent( but no luck).
My question is, is it ok if we missed the deadline as long as we reached out to them? Is there any one here that experienced the same and what was the best thing to do? Im afraid it will be denied because of it.
Thank you!

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Hi Everyone,
I hope someone can enlighten me or advise me on the best thing to do.
We got am email received on Jan1 requesting for police certificate needed to be submitted by Jan.28 if not, application might be rejected. My father is currently with me here in Canada under tourist visa and it will take a while for us to get the police certificate and most likely it will not be in time for the deadline. I have already raised a web form informing them about the situation and tried to call the IRCC number to speak to an agent( but no luck).
My question is, is it ok if we missed the deadline as long as we reached out to them? Is there any one here that experienced the same and what was the best thing to do? Im afraid it will be denied because of it.
Thank you!
Hi
You can send them through web form Proof of your request for PCC EX. confirmation number proof or any document that you already request the PCC from whichever country's authority.

On cic website:
If you can’t get a police certificate from your country or territory
If you’re unable to get a police certificate from a country, you’re responsible to show why you can’t get one.

To prove that you can’t get a police certificate, you must:

• show proof that you requested a police certificate from the correct authorities and
  • write a letter explaining all the efforts you have taken to get one

As long as you send them any supported document of PCC application before deadline you don't need to worry.

Reactions: ccua

YashviS

Jan 6, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-08-2016
File Transfer...
08-08-2016
Med's Done....
02-08-2016
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
Hello all,

From your experience can anyone tell me the average estimate wait time to get the PR approval after submitting all the docs via email and web form?

I submitted all the docs on 16th October via both medium and received the confirmation from web form on Dec 6th. Pls advice, I am very stressed.

YashviS

Jan 6, 2017
Visa Office......
NDVO
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
01-08-2016
File Transfer...
08-08-2016
Med's Done....
02-08-2016
Passport Req..
21-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
If I sent the request to MP, will it delay my process? Any insights?

Innercircle

Oct 30, 2015
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
Awaiting
I received this email from IRCC, but there was no attachment to it. Can someone please tell me what it means and what I can do. Thanks

Good Day,

Please find attached a letter in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Parents and Grandparents program.

Please fully read the attachment. This letter will not be re-issued. Please save this message for your records.

The attachment is formatted as a PDF file. In order to open and read this file you will need a program capable of opening .PDFs. One such program is Adobe Reader, it is free to use and available at the following link: www.adobe.com/products/reader.html

NOTICE CONCERNING CONFIDENTIALITY

This e-mail is sent from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). As this message contains confidential information, if you are not the intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and notify the sender.

sshivam29

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
I received this email from IRCC, but there was no attachment to it. Can someone please tell me what it means and what I can do. Thanks

Good Day,

Please find attached a letter in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Parents and Grandparents program.

Please fully read the attachment. This letter will not be re-issued. Please save this message for your records.

The attachment is formatted as a PDF file. In order to open and read this file you will need a program capable of opening .PDFs. One such program is Adobe Reader, it is free to use and available at the following link: www.adobe.com/products/reader.html

NOTICE CONCERNING CONFIDENTIALITY

This e-mail is sent from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). As this message contains confidential information, if you are not the intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and notify the sender.
What is the subject of this email? Usually they rectify their mistake and you will get another email with attachment in sometime (Happened to me).

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Hey everyone.

So my parents got their passport request letter! (YAY) along with my brothers.

However, this is a bit confusing. Application was submitted using their Bangladesh address, but parents are actually flying to Toronto tomorrow with one of my brothers. To which I can definitely do a webform and update them!

But another brother of mine, lives in USA. What do I do with this passport request? Because the letter states to submit one package with passport, proof of receipt and 2 pictures. What should my brother do?

Let me know please. Thank you

Nsat

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014 (dd-mm-yyyy)
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
PER: 14-10-2014 (dd-mm-yyyy)
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Submitted with the application
File Transfer...
Started Processing: 10-12-2014 (dd-mm-yyyy)
Med's Request
Med and RPRF request: 16-12-2014 (dd-mm-yyyy)
Med's Done....
26-12-2014 (dd-mm-yyyy)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2015 (received my passport back on 23-03-2014)
Hello,

Just now i got a call from a number +1 289 259 5805 and the person mentioned he is from IRCC. The number seems to be somewhere from Oakville,Ontario. He said he is looking at my mothers PGP application and asked me for mine and my mother DOB that is provided in the file. The question he had was regarding my mothers super visa application on why i have stated status unknown. The super visa application was submitted way back and the status was in progress when i submitted by PGP form. I told him the result that it was rejected due to not providing insurance came way after and i had sent an email to IRCC via webform regarding that.

I am quite confused if this is a legit call as he seems to know all the details but usually dont IRCC always email you and not call?

I am a bit concerned now and wanted to know an opinion.

Thank you in advance

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
Hello,

Just now i got a call from a number +1 289 259 5805 and the person mentioned he is from IRCC. The number seems to be somewhere from Oakville,Ontario. He said he is looking at my mothers PGP application and asked me for mine and my mother DOB that is provided in the file. The question he had was regarding my mothers super visa application on why i have stated status unknown. The super visa application was submitted way back and the status was in progress when i submitted by PGP form. I told him the result that it was rejected due to not providing insurance came way after and i had sent an email to IRCC via webform regarding that.

I am quite confused if this is a legit call as he seems to know all the details but usually dont IRCC always email you and not call?

I am a bit concerned now and wanted to know an opinion.

Thank you in advance
Can you please provide more details as to what stage your mother's PGP application is on? Did she receive medical or any other communication so far from IRCC apart from this call? Thanks!

Nsat

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2014 (dd-mm-yyyy)
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
PER: 14-10-2014 (dd-mm-yyyy)
AOR Received.
NA
IELTS Request
Submitted with the application
File Transfer...
Started Processing: 10-12-2014 (dd-mm-yyyy)
Med's Request
Med and RPRF request: 16-12-2014 (dd-mm-yyyy)
Med's Done....
26-12-2014 (dd-mm-yyyy)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2015 (received my passport back on 23-03-2014)
Can you please provide more details as to what stage your mother's PGP application is on? Did she receive medical or any other communication so far from IRCC apart from this call? Thanks!
I received the AOR on August 18th,2022. I have not got any further updates after that until today when i got the call. Regarding Medical and Biometrics, those were done during the super visa application in July 2021. I believe the biometrics is still valid. The current status of the PGP application is "We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you. "

Innercircle

Oct 30, 2015
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
Awaiting
What is the subject of this email? Usually they rectify their mistake and you will get another email with attachment in sometime (Happened to me).
The subject was Application for Permanent Residence PGP.

I got another pre-arrival email the next day, but it had a different subject (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada: Information about Fxxxxxxxx) and the content was different.
No mention of ‘This letter will not be re-issued. Please save this message for your records.’

Was that the same for you? Thanks