+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

GusCAN

Apr 25, 2022
I am not 100% sure, but I remember reading somewhere (most likely on this forum) that dependants cannot complete PR landing before the principal applicant.
Yes, your mother can come to Canada as a visitor but will need to "land" again to complete the PR process after your father completes his landing as PR.

AradhanaDakua

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Does anyone know how long does it take to get the PR Card after you enter the country? does anything change in the online profile after you enter as PR?

rns9

Feb 2, 2016
So once you have COPR in the portal and they say you are approved. Then you have the following if you are inland:

1. You are entered into a queue for virtual landing.
2. You get an email or in some cases a phone call to confirm that the PA is in Canada and some basic demographic information such as address, phone.
3. The agent changes an entry in the system to trigger the portal invite.
4. The application has a final review by an officer.
4. You receive the login info for the portal.
5. You upload photos and get eCOPR document.
6. Once portal is done, IRCC changes your application status to closed.
7. You receive your PR Card roughly 30 days later.

Thanks for replying.

Reactions: sss19sap

G32shaila

Star Member
Mar 2, 2022
Hello,

My parents PR application is being processed at Vancouver Office. Three weeks back my parents received a request to send PCC. I have linked the application as well. However when I go to "upload documents", I do not see the option to upload documents in my account, even though IRCC has asked for it.

I have send the query to IRCC using webform and asked them to fix this issue. Last week they said the issue is fixed. However I still do not see the option to upload PCC. I also tried to phone call IRCC but had no success.

I also submitted the PCC using webform and its been almost 2 weeks.However I have not received any conformation. I am worried that IRCC may not have received the PCC.

Can any one advise or provide me the email for sending the PCC for my parents to Vancouver office?

Thank you very much for all the help.
after login to Gckey when you go to status on top you will see documents provided .. click there are slots for uploading pcc and other documents

Reactions: BCTechy

Bubblesandme

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When IRCC ask for original PCC and Passport but didn't mention if original or not, do you mail it or email to the email for correspondence?

"Please find attached two letters (one for a medical examination request and the other for documents needed) in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada"

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:  :  Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate for xxxxxx This must be received at this office by: 2022/12/30  Passport/Travel Document: Passport or travel document for xxxxx This must be received at this office by: 2022/12/30 

Please note: All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are
The above information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote your complete application number

IRCC.DNPGPUnit-UnitePGPRN.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

deepharman

Star Member
Nov 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2012
Doc's Request.
07-03-2013
Nomination.....
29-10-2012
AOR Received.
06-01-2013
File Transfer...
16-05-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2013
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Passport Req..
21-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-08-2013
LANDED..........
29-08-2013
Guys what is the time frame from Pre-Arrivals to PPR?

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
Does anyone know how long does it take to get the PR Card after you enter the country? does anything change in the online profile after you enter as PR?
Right now they are pushing the times out to between 8-12 weeks.

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a
Guys what is the time frame from Pre-Arrivals to PPR?
Every case is different depending on the country of origin, number of dependents, medical test completion date, background check timeline, etc. For many it is 6 months or more.

Bubblesandme

Star Member
Aug 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When IRCC ask for original PCC and Passport but didn't mention if original or not, do you mail it or email to the email for correspondence?

"Please find attached two letters (one for a medical examination request and the other for documents needed) in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada"

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:  :  Police Certificate: From each country/state where the residence period has been six months or longer since the age of 18, provide an original police clearance certificate for xxxxxx This must be received at this office by: 2022/12/30  Passport/Travel Document: Passport or travel document for xxxxx This must be received at this office by: 2022/12/30 

Please note: All documents must be accompanied by English or French translations. When original documents are requested, notarised documents are
The above information/documents must be received in our office within 60 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please quote your complete application number

Can anyone help please?

BCTechy

Jan 18, 2022
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Online - London VO
NOC Code......
n/a
App. Filed.......
12-01-2022
Doc's Request.
04-10-2022
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
28-02-2022
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
01-03-2022
Med's Request
13-03-2022
Med's Done....
23-07-2022
Interview........
n/a

You upload a scanned image of the documents into the portal or webform them.

• Wow
Reactions: Bubblesandme

Sehrawat_R

Mar 15, 2022
Hi all, anyone knows if it will be an issue if my parents will land separately? My mom will be in US and she will come after to Canada. She has her visitor visa and she will also have the one time visa for permanent residency. My father is the principal applicant. He will fly few months after my mom. Anyone knows if that can be an issue?

Thanks
As per IRCC instructions dependent cannot land prior to the principal applicant. As to your second query, in our case the visitor visa was stamped " cancelled without prejudice" after affixing the immigrant visa sticker. Please therefore check your parent's passports and complete the landing process accordingly. Hope this may clarify the issue.