+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

bourne5144`

Jun 24, 2017
In The Biometric and Medical request form for my mother's PGP the address is printed as my Canadian address under her name. Is that fine or should I change it to her Indian address as she is now in India

Aakash87

Oct 24, 2016
Hi All,

I received a letter to submit passport to local VFS office in the next 30 days. But the letter also asks to inform the office in next 5 days if the applicants are in Canada. My parents are travelling to Canada on 11th November. I don’t think we will be able to receive COPR and passport back by then. I am thinking of sending a web form to inform IRCC of change in address of the primary applicants and request them to treat the application as inland and allow a virtual landing.

I am afraid this might delay the final decision. Has anyone been in this situation ? Appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

Raj_singh_s

Jan 25, 2022
Hi All,

I received a letter to submit passport to local VFS office in the next 30 days. But the letter also asks to inform the office in next 5 days if the applicants are in Canada. My parents are travelling to Canada on 11th November. I don’t think we will be able to receive COPR and passport back by then. I am thinking of sending a web form to inform IRCC of change in address of the primary applicants and request them to treat the application as inland and allow a virtual landing.

I am afraid this might delay the final decision. Has anyone been in this situation ? Appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

For the PR application it takes 2-3 weeks to get the passport back. Could you please share the timeline?

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Does anyone know anything about the BSF186 form? Parents have to fill this form while entering Canada? If so then what items need to be added? @laxsun any idea?
Extracted from Google Search Result
"The BSF186A Form is basically your “goods to follow” list to show what goods will arrive in Canada at a later date. This form is also commonly known as form B4A. It's important to complete this form so that you don't pay a duty tax on any of your belongings that you are shipping."
If you parents have anything that is arriving in a later date, they have to complete this form during landing.

Reactions: AradhanaDakua

Derricktse

Star Member
Apr 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-05-2013
Doc's Request.
30-09-2014
Med's Request
30-09-2014
Med's Done....
10-10-2014
Hi All,

Congrats! I am in the same situation. Got the PPR on August 10, sent webform the same day. Only heard the confirmation on my webform on Oct 5. And up to now still waiting for the virtual landing lol. The case officer at our local MP office called IRCC and she was told that there was currently a backlog for virtual landing, and that our application was still in the queue. Nearly 3 months now.

ASP07

Nov 2, 2022
Hi guys,

i recieved letter to submit the Voter ID and Adhar card for my parents. My parents voter ID cards are old and they never recieved new voter id cards. the old ones have a descrapency in thier names. Can please someone advise how to proceed to document submission. SHould i upload old cards with error in thier names. Tried to get new onw for them but BLO says it will take more that 3 months go get new Voter ID Cards

Apr 20, 2022
Hi everyone,

My parents received PPR last week and their package was sent to VFS then forwarded to IRCC today. They are currently in China. I am wondering what the next steps would be and how long would they take. They are hoping to be in Canada for Christmas. Thanks!

Kar1205

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Other
Hi All,

I was in similar situation.
Received passport request when my parents were in Canada. Sent multiple webforms stating that my parents are here in Canada and requested for virtual landing. Even I tried calling them, but couldn't get connected. I figured it's going to take long time and I don't want to take any change. So, sent parents back to India and they submited their passports through VFS on 17-Oct. After 2+ weeks, today my parents got their COPR and stamped passport.

Just for clarity:
Received passport request on Oct 03 and submitted my first webform on same day. Got an update on Oct 27 for the web form stating 'the virtual landing team has granted access to the file and they will contact us'. Till not no update from virtual landing. I think the virtual landing team is handling with huge backlog.

Aakash87

Oct 24, 2016
Congrats! I am in the same situation. Got the PPR on August 10, sent webform the same day. Only heard the confirmation on my webform on Oct 5. And up to now still waiting for the virtual landing lol. The case officer at our local MP office called IRCC and she was told that there was currently a backlog for virtual landing, and that our application was still in the queue. Nearly 3 months now.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I have already raised a web form to request for Virtual landing, but looking at your experience, I am thinking of delaying my parent's travel to Canada. And submit the passport to local VFS center.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

Aakash87

Oct 24, 2016
I was in similar situation.
Received passport request when my parents were in Canada. Sent multiple webforms stating that my parents are here in Canada and requested for virtual landing. Even I tried calling them, but couldn't get connected. I figured it's going to take long time and I don't want to take any change. So, sent parents back to India and they submited their passports through VFS on 17-Oct. After 2+ weeks, today my parents got their COPR and stamped passport.

Just for clarity:
Received passport request on Oct 03 and submitted my first webform on same day. Got an update on Oct 27 for the web form stating 'the virtual landing team has granted access to the file and they will contact us'. Till not no update from virtual landing. I think the virtual landing team is handling with huge backlog.
Thanks. I am now thinking of doing the same. Probably will send another web form asking them to ignore my earlier request for virtual landing

Aakash87

Oct 24, 2016
Hi All,

From some of the comments in this forum, looks like it takes around 2 weeks to receive the passport back after stamping. Has anyone recently experienced sending passport to VFS for stamping and share the time it took to receive it back ?