+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Oct 17, 2022
Hello Everyone,
I got invitation last week. I am way above income requirements. My question is, I contributed 35000$ towards RRSP in 2021. Therefore it counts as deduction from total income for tax purposes. Will it affect my income requirements?

ra07980

Oct 3, 2014
Hello Everyone,
I got invitation last week. I am way above income requirements. My question is, I contributed 35000$ towards RRSP in 2021. Therefore it counts as deduction from total income for tax purposes. Will it affect my income requirements?
Based on my understanding, No. Contributing to RRSP means deferring the tax. This has nothing to do with Income deduction. Please check with your accountant.

monarchV

May 30, 2018
ill share my personal experience ,IRCC wanted a clarification about a change in the address and an additional document that i forgot to send ,they didnt return my application but asked me to send a clarification and the additional document , four month after i received an email saying check the portal for an update ,i did and the portal status was returned application and next to each and every form ...even the payment incomplete without any further explanation ( nor did i receive a letter explaining the why )3 days after that i checked the portal the status was back to submitted ... could be one of those weird exceptions , the best thing to do is make sure to follow the guide check mall the details before you send it ...and be patient
Thank you for the response. It helps. So my understanding is they wont refuse the application because of missing info but asks for the missing documents which could possibly delay the processing further ?

mtl-Oct21-2021

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
Hello, any Quebec applicants here? I would appreciate if someone help me understand the financial requirements here. I am not seeing any income chart for Quebec applicants. Gross annual income requirement in my scenario (myself + mom and dad) is 52 336 $CA as per website. My question is do I have to maintain this income from the year 2019 until I submit their file? Or Do I have to maintain this income from 2019 until decisions is made for my parents?

As Quebec applications always have some kind of twist, i would also like to connect with Quebec applicants here. If there’s any thread for Quebec applicants please kindly direct me to the group or I can initiate a thread

Thank you!

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021

Bimpsy_7

Jun 7, 2021
Hello, any Quebec applicants here? I would appreciate if someone help me understand the financial requirements here. I am not seeing any income chart for Quebec applicants. Gross annual income requirement in my scenario (myself + mom and dad) is 52 336 $CA as per website. My question is do I have to maintain this income from the year 2019 until I submit their file? Or Do I have to maintain this income from 2019 until decisions is made for my parents?

As Quebec applications always have some kind of twist, i would also like to connect with Quebec applicants here. If there’s any thread for Quebec applicants please kindly direct me to the group or I can initiate a thread

Thank you!
Please see if this helps https://www.quebec.ca/en/immigration/sponsor-family-member/calculating-income/tables-income-required. I am hoping a Quebec applicant is able to address your concerns

Reactions: mtl-Oct21-2021

thebassi35

Oct 10, 2013
Surrey BC
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received NDVO - 17/06/2016
File Transfer...
started processing 26/08/2016
Med's Done....
march 25th-2016
Interview........
DM on 07/02/2017
Passport Req..
PPR on feb 23-2017
Hello all,

What happens if the application is incomplete by mistake? IRCC mentions that if the application is received incomplete then it is returned through the portal along with the fees does it mean that they will not process the application further even after correcting the mistakes and resubmission?
our application was incomplete because it was missing principal applicant's passport copy. they requested to submit it through email and online portal then started to show status 'RETURNED' but after sending ppt copy it changed again to 'SUBMITTED'

canada.msn

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-Nov-2013
Hi folks,
I was checking F12 on PR portal today... and see this new addition at the very end.. any idea what this means?

"phaseId":1,"unhidesOnDate":"2022-10-12 05:00:00","hidesOnDate":"2022-12-24},"readOnly":false}]

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Hi folks,
I was checking F12 on PR portal today... and see this new addition at the very end.. any idea what this means?

"phaseId":1,"unhidesOnDate":"2022-10-12 05:00:00","hidesOnDate":"2022-12-24},"readOnly":false}]
I have same as you but no idea what that information is..

pragmanali

Sep 26, 2012
what's your timeline? don't usually hear anything moving in the Vancouver office.
I got medical sep 30th 2022
They did medical Oct 4
They received PCC and proof of sponsor and applicant Oct 11.
They submitted on next day Oct 12
Medical pass update on Oct 14.
I did PCC in advance in June so I updated. (from bsl Vancouver) save time.
Now waiting for any other updates

Reactions: syedgj