+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

happyCanadian

Sep 30, 2021
My in laws are USA citizen and has Indian OCI but we just upload USA current passport. Not Indian passport and OCI. you can see my signature I am PGP 2021.
Thanks for sharing this information. In this case, here is one nationality and one valid passport, that make sense (which is also my case). One last thing if you do not mind, while scanning passport pages you scanned only bio pages and pages with stamps, visas (if applicable right). Or we need to scan all the pages including the blank pages and pages with Note, notices, etc??

Heli darji

Apr 29, 2019
Thanks for sharing this information. In this case, here is one nationality and one valid passport, that make sense (which is also my case). One last thing if you do not mind, while scanning passport pages you scanned only bio pages and pages with stamps, visas (if applicable right). Or we need to scan all the pages including the blank pages and pages with Note, notices, etc??
As per CIC: Read the big bold font

Passport
Passport/travel document number (exactly as shown on your passport or travel document)

If you have more than one passport, choose the one you’ll use to travel to Canada.

Most people will need a passport to travel to Canada. If you’re approved to come here, you’ll need to get one.

A travel document is an identity document issued by a government or international organization (like the United Nations). It has a photo and personal information, and let the holder travel between countries. If you have a passport, you don’t need a travel document.

Passports
  • Copies of passports for people being sponsored should include all the pages.( Your answer for blank pages)
  • Copies of the sponsor’s and co-signer’s passport should include the pages showing the passport number, issue and expiry dates, photo, name, surname, and place and date of birth.
  • You don’t need to get translations for the stamps in passports.

financepk

Sep 15, 2007
I applied for sponsoring my parents, my father as applicant and my mother as his dependant. Today I received a medical request for both of them along with requests for my siblings who are independent, married and I havent sponsored them in the application and they have no intention of coming to canada. Even the address in the medical form is given of my Toronto home instead of the address my parents reside. Is it normal to ask for medical of all the childred of the applicants (two of them already have PR and their medical is also requested). Do I need to get the addressed corrected on the form to home country address where the parents reside?

Invutae

Jul 5, 2022
the problem is it may take long for the mail to reach mississauga. you can submit your CNCC receipt, so they won't chase you when 30 days lapsed. seen ppl still waiting for it to reach MVO after 3 months.
It won't hurt to get another CNCC report sent to consulate in HK if possible.
Was it correct to mail it to
Mississauga office? Or do you know if people normally mail it to the Consulate of Canada in their home country? (faster process?) im just afraid I did the wrong step. :oops:Thanks for the reminder, I’ll submit the receipt soon.

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Mississauga office? Or do you know if people normally mail it to the Consulate of Canada in their home country? (faster process?) im just afraid I did the wrong step. :oops:Thanks for the reminder, I’ll submit the receipt soon.
It is not wrong per se. The letter request you to send to Mississauga VO and you did. I don't know about PGP but EE people usually mail to consulate in HK. HKVO use case sharing system so this info is shared (to Mississauga as well, if the VO is looking for it). It's faster for sure, takes about one week after HKPF confirms the letter sent.

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
you can send an email to HKVO to check if they accept CNCC for PGP. they are, surprisingly, very responsive.
HKONGIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

SubaRaj

Sep 9, 2022
Application submitted : 11 nov 2021
Sponsor approval : 23 March 2022
Upfront pcc, medical from supervisa submitted on 20th April
Current residential & schedule A request on 19th May
2nd PCC request and Pre arrival on July 7th.
Yet to submit the new PCC request.
Can we use the medical which we used for visitor record?

rhea2722

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
Apologies if this has been covered already here,

I received my Pre-Arrival Services letter today. What is the next step, and by when may we receive the COPR and landing request?

Application submitted : mid-Nov 2021.

rocketphd

Jun 10, 2022
Apologies if this has been covered already here,

I received my Pre-Arrival Services letter today. What is the next step, and by when may we receive the COPR and landing request?

Application submitted : mid-Nov 2021.
Based on prior cases, PPR can be issued the same day, or in next few days. We got pre-arrival services letter on 28th September and still waiting. Application submitted mid October 2021.

Reactions: rhea2722

ZAS111

Feb 20, 2020
I got medical request from Vancouver office for my mother today. Any idea what are the next steps and how long will it take from here to complete the application process.
I didn’t get biometric verification letter, so I assume they are using the biometric submitted earlier for visit visa.

Reactions: Bimpsy_7