+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

Anne21

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
what are the odds! I just received passport request and pre arrival today. How is yours going?
My app hit a bump in the road. Docs didn't satisfy the VO so I received 2nd ADR in august, after 3 months. I even ordered GCMS notes, but haven't received anything yet.
@kafepoche Congratulations!! Our application is not moving at all. Last correspondence was May 10 when they asked for Details of Government Employment. After that complete silence. Our MP followed up and I emailed as well for follow up but still nothing. Theres no additional info on our GCMS. “For officers review”. thats what it says on the GCMS.
Congrats again.

Sugaraddict

Aug 11, 2022
We can only theorize/hypothesize on this forum about how they, at IRCC process our applications. From what I observed here on the forum there are people who submitted their applications in December, 2021 and their applications are almost finalized and there are people who submitted their applications in October or November of 2021 and they didn’t even get an AOR yet. That makes me think that they don’t process applications by the date submitted, right? I don’t have any insight into the process, just my own observations. I think that all these case workers/immigration officers whether they work in the office or remotely they log into the system and pick a certain amount of file numbers at random (from the huge pool of the backlog) to work on during a certain period of time, let’s say from number F000843700 to F000843750. Those case workers who work on family sponsorship applications work possibly on spousal+ dependents applications as well and those always precede the applications for parents and grandparents. So I believe that if they start processing someone’s PGP application but also get a spousal application to work on shortly after, they automatically put the first one aside to complete the spousal one and then get back to the PGP one. Again, we’re just hypothesizing here.

Reactions: kuldip25

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
@kafepoche Congratulations!! Our application is not moving at all. Last correspondence was May 10 when they asked for Details of Government Employment. After that complete silence. Our MP followed up and I emailed as well for follow up but still nothing. Theres no additional info on our GCMS. “For officers review”. thats what it says on the GCMS.
Congrats again.
It is same for us. After getting the details of government employment form request it is complete silence

quujaz

Star Member
Feb 15, 2017
Hi folks, I received AOR and they asked for bunch of documents(PCC, passport copy, CV…) I have some documents ready can I send them first and then send other documents whenever they’re ready or is it preferable to wait and send all documents at once? Thank you

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Congrats again.
when did you apply for the notes? from IRCC or CBSA? Is your file still in Mississauga? Now that you have the notes maybe study it further under eligibility and security. sometimes it takes longer to finish background check for ppl with government jobs. Here is a post I find very helpful.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-notes-well-explained-has-never-before-until-now.390292/
I've put my complete timeline in the signature. Gckey is of little use later. Eligibility, background and final decision is still under review. Still waiting for that GCMS.

best of luck!

Last edited:

G32shaila

Star Member
Mar 2, 2022
Hi,

I got a letter asking for aadhar, voter id, PCC for my parents as well as aadhar, voter id and class 5, 10 marksheets for myself.

I dont have class 5, 10 marksheets... so instead i submitted my aadhar, voter id, birth certificate and copy of my Canadian passport... would that be okay? Or would ircc give me a hard time for not sending class 5, class 10 marksheets? Anybody in the group did not submit class 5, 10 marksheets and were okay with it? Any info would be appreciated. Thank you
Many of not able to submit 5th 8th marksheet as befor year 2000 there was no computerised systems for schools.

Anne21

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
when did you apply for the notes? from IRCC or CBSA? Is your file still in Mississauga? Now that you have the notes maybe study it further under eligibility and security. sometimes it takes longer to finish background check for ppl with government jobs. Here is a post I find very helpful.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-notes-well-explained-has-never-before-until-now.390292/
I've put my complete timeline in the signature. Gckey is of little use later. Eligibility, background and final decision is still under review. Still waiting for that GCMS.

best of luck!
@kafepoche I applied GCMS last June 06th then I received it July 07th. From IRCC. Yes, still in Mississauga. Hopefully I will receive any correspondence or update soon.

Nilkanth Lucky

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
Doc's Request.
July, 2016
Nomination.....
September, 2016
AOR Received.
October, 2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
08-04-2017
Congrats! What additional document did they request?
Principal Applicant: PCC
Dependant applicant: PCC
Sponser proof of relationship: Aadhar card, Voter ID, school certificates but in the gc key it gives different options birth certificate, marriage certificate, an official document naming as parent, inviters last page passport copy

I am still trying to figure it out relationship documents. Do they need all or few is enough?? PCC is in process.

Nilkanth Lucky

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
Doc's Request.
July, 2016
Nomination.....
September, 2016
AOR Received.
October, 2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
08-04-2017
Hello Friends,
I might have missed but is there any other way to update address other than Web Form? Thank you.

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Principal Applicant: PCC
Dependant applicant: PCC
Sponser proof of relationship: Aadhar card, Voter ID, school certificates but in the gc key it gives different options birth certificate, marriage certificate, an official document naming as parent, inviters last page passport copy

I am still trying to figure it out relationship documents. Do they need all or few is enough?? PCC is in process.
Provide as many as you can. Also attach things you think might help. You can provide a letter of explanation if needed, like "im providing B because A is not available in my situation and why" It's the only chance you can communicate with the visa officer directly. You can add the LOE as front page of any docs as a covering letter.

Hello Friends,
I might have missed but is there any other way to update address other than Web Form? Thank you.
See above. you can add new address in the letter of explanation. VO will deal with it directly. I think it's much more efficient than webform. Webform may take a long time if forwarded to the wrong team.

In all letters remember you are acting on behalf of PA. I prepare all letters for my parents and had PA hand sign and date the letter.

Reactions: kuldip25

Nilkanth Lucky

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
Doc's Request.
July, 2016
Nomination.....
September, 2016
AOR Received.
October, 2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
08-04-2017
Provide as many as you can. Also attach things you think might help. You can provide a letter of explanation if needed, like "im providing B because A is not available in my situation and why" It's the only chance you can communicate with the visa officer directly. You can add the LOE as front page of any docs as a covering letter.

See above. you can add new address in the letter of explanation. VO will deal with it directly. I think it's much more efficient than webform. Webform may take a long time if forwarded to the wrong team.

In all letters remember you are acting on behalf of PA. I prepare all letters for my parents and had PA hand sign and date the letter.
Noted. Thank you very much.

Lilian_sh

Feb 28, 2022
Hi everyone. I've been trying to link my parents application to GC key account but no luck. Contacted IRCC and they say I'm entering the "City/Town/Village" information incorrectly. I forgot what I put as City in the application. Is there a way I can find and go through my application?

sulemanmirza

Aug 7, 2013
Ajax, ON
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
18-June-2014
Doc's Request.
21-May-2015
AOR Received.
12-August-2014
File Transfer...
In process: 20-May-2015
Med's Request
27-May-2015
Med's Done....
DM: 23-Nov-15
Passport Req..
01-Dec-2015 Passport submitted: 02-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-Dec-2015
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2015 :)
Below is an update to our case which is getting processed at Mississauga at a pretty steady pace. Applicants have no Canadian visitor history. However due to PA's scars in lungs, panel physician requested Sputum culture test right away. I have read many places that Sputum culture test results take around 2 months. But out of surprise, we received pre-arrival letter on Friday.

As per my understanding, Pre-arrival letter, sponsorship approval, ghost email are done in parallel by a different officer as compared to background checks, medicals and PA checks.

Timeline:
Pre-arrival letter: Sept 2nd 2022
Sputum Culture test given: Aug 29 to Aug 31 2022
Medical done: August 27th 2022
Medical request: August 16th 2022
Sponsorship Approval: July 28th 2022
Biometrics Done: July 28th 2022
Biometrics requested: July 20th 2022
Option-C printout submitted: July 13th 2022
Option-C printout requested: July 27th 2022
GCKey application linked: June 28th 2022
Ghost Email: June 23rd 2022