+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

stealthm25

Aug 22, 2022
@stealthm25, can you please share the timelines?
Application Submitted: 1 DEC 2021
Additional Document request: June 9th, 2022 (IMM 568)
Biometric request: NO
AOR: JUNE 9TH 2022
Medical Request: 7 July 2022
Medical completed: 15th Jul 2022
Medical retest required: To be done OCT 15
Sponsor Approval: 19th Aug 2022
Additional document request: Aug 22, 2022 (PCC, Adhar card, voter ID, proof of relationship)
Processing Office: CPC-Mississauga

stealthm25

Aug 22, 2022
Hi folks,

My parents received a request from CIC for their PCC on Aug 16, 2022 with a deadline to submit the document by Sept 16, 2022. However, the next day, my dad was hospitalized for COVID and is still recovering with a lot of weakness.

As such, my parents have not been able to start the process yet and considering the PCC application process, they will certainly by delayed in submitting the PCC by Sept 16. I do have an explanation for CIC with evidence of his hospitalization, etc.

Question: HOW do I inform CIC that my parents can submit the PCC only after Sept 16, 2022? Is it via the Webform or do I upload the explanation letter where they ask for the PCC on the GC Key website?

Thanks & Cheers
If your parents are in India, PCC through passport seva kendra is fast. done in 5 days and you can book the appointment so no standing in line. Maybe wait a week or 10 days to see if dad feels better and then submit on time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cal_gary_PR

kuldip25

Mar 23, 2021
Hi folks,

I received a letter stating Pre- Arrival services today the 24 August a day after I received the sponsor approval letter on 23 Aug 2022. Already got the biometrics, medical and pcc cleared. Also got a request to submit proof for my parents relationship and I uploaded it on 30 June 2022. Please can you suggest when we may get the passport request and COPR? I saw someone on this forum got passport request a day after they got the pre arrival services letter.

Appreciate if someone can answer this for me. I am excited to see progress and hope all of you hear back on your applications soon.
Congratulations
May I know your timeline please

claradan

Jan 5, 2016
Hi guys,

I received a letter from IRCC today. It mentioned that the application has been forwarded to Hong Kong office for further process. Previously it was Mississauga office. That change is based on that fact my parents are living in Hong Kong. The letter also mentioned that I am eligible for sponsoring my parents, which IRCC actually confirmed earlier this year.

Does anyone get such a letter? Does it mean the CoPR is near since the process is going to be proceeded by the office in my home country/city?

However, IRCC has requested PCC from my mom (PA) in June but not my dad (dependent) yet. This makes me a bit worried. Does anyone have the same experience too?

alamzadeh

May 24, 2022
Hi folks,

I received a letter stating Pre- Arrival services today the 24 August a day after I received the sponsor approval letter on 23 Aug 2022. Already got the biometrics, medical and pcc cleared. Also got a request to submit proof for my parents relationship and I uploaded it on 30 June 2022. Please can you suggest when we may get the passport request and COPR? I saw someone on this forum got passport request a day after they got the pre arrival services letter.

Appreciate if someone can answer this for me. I am excited to see progress and hope all of you hear back on your applications soon.
It's been 2 months for us since we got pre arrival invitation and no updates since then.

gopalv

Sep 30, 2021
Hello,
Can anyone guide the process to get PCC for US from Mumbai, India. My mother got her biometric request last week when I applied for her super visa.
Thanks

G32shaila

Star Member
Mar 2, 2022
If your parents are in India, PCC through passport seva kendra is fast. done in 5 days and you can book the appointment so no standing in line. Maybe wait a week or 10 days to see if dad feels better and then submit on time.
Yes PSK service is very good.. especially for senior citizens.. once you got appointment.. within 15 minutes your job is over and in 7-10 days you will get PCC in your hands.

Reactions: Cal_gary_PR

G32shaila

Star Member
Mar 2, 2022
Hi guys,

I received a letter from IRCC today. It mentioned that the application has been forwarded to Hong Kong office for further process. Previously it was Mississauga office. That change is based on that fact my parents are living in Hong Kong. The letter also mentioned that I am eligible for sponsoring my parents, which IRCC actually confirmed earlier this year.

Does anyone get such a letter? Does it mean the CoPR is near since the process is going to be proceeded by the office in my home country/city?

However, IRCC has requested PCC from my mom (PA) in June but not my dad (dependent) yet. This makes me a bit worried. Does anyone have the same experience too?
In my case PCC request letter addressed to Primary Apllicant (my husband ) and my name With UCI number included in the same letter below.

wvo2017

Nov 6, 2017
hi guys,

yesterday I received eligibility letter via Email. but when
I check my GCKEY still shows as before.

so anyone have idea when it show be changed?
The gc key doesn’t show anything about the eligibility letter. It is mainly about the principal applicant and the dependent. I received the sponsor eligibility via email too

Reactions: RRBP

claradan

Jan 5, 2016
In my case PCC request letter addressed to Primary Apllicant (my husband ) and my name With UCI number included in the same letter below.
Thanks for the reply.
I double checked my letter. Unfortunately it doesn’t state my father’s name at all..

Feb 26, 2021
Hello, my mom bls pcc done from india now tracking status is processing at consulate General from last 1 week pls anybody know what's meaning of this and how long it will take

PayalD91

Jul 20, 2020
hi all, is there any explanation required if parents have already overstayed before PGP sponsorship is being applied?

GusCAN

Apr 25, 2022
Is there any advantage in supplying the PCC before it is requested? I got medical requests and the only thing they have not requested yet is the PCC.

KJ1902

Aug 25, 2022
Hi all i need your help do i need police clearance certificate from canada
my mom stayed in canada for over 6 months 3 to 4 time so do i need submit PCC from RCMP??
Thanks