+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2021

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Hi. My parents application linked with GCKey. No email received since application submission. However , biometrics number and enrollment already shown on GCKey platform (biometrics were done for visitor visa). I have a question, what does it signify if application is linked with GCKey? Thanks
a safe guess: your application passed AOR.

erkaler

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Guys, anyone know if this works?

Name and address on insurance document. Does it work as address proof in Canada for PCC (through BLS)

My father has DL but mother doesn't have any address proof in Canada.
Guys, Any help on this ?

Can we use super visa insurance as address proof for Indian PCC ?

alamzadeh

May 24, 2022
I can't believe they are still asking for your passport. I thought the check on co-signer ends when sponsor eligibility passed.
I have seen check on relationship of sponsor and parents after sponsor approval. It is reasonable as part of eligibility of the parents, but this is something new. Now I'm totally confused what they are doing.
What did you provide for the first submission? a cert or passport? and when did you receive sponsor approval?
We provided a copy of my Iranian passport and maybe they just want to double check if I have a PR or Canadian passport, because the request is for travel document/passport. We also submitted our marriage certificate. Sponsor approval was mid march, I put the dates in the previous post that I quoted from.

carling

Star Member
Jan 17, 2017
Hi there, I applied December 6th.... I have not heard anything. However, with F12 link, April 28th my case ID was changed to 10 and all documents listed have "true" and approved. Then my file was updated on May 6th, then May 15th, then June 6th but I have not heard anything and I have no idea what the agent has been doing as not hearing anything.... This process really tests your patience!

Reactions: sesenujs

claradan

Jan 5, 2016
Hi everyone, I submitted my sponsorship application last November. My parents have got biometrics and medical exam done. Today I got a letter requesting PCC. I have some questions

1) The PCC request is only for my mother, who is the principal applicant. My father is the dependent but he has not been requested or mentioned in the letter. Did anyone get a request like that?
2) They request proof of relationship between the sponsor and the applicant (my mother). I am sure I have uploaded my birth certificate already. But they are asking for Hukou which is not a system in Hong Kong. Is there any people from Hong Kong having the same issue?
3) They are asking for clarification of my parents' residential address. In the letter I received, the address is not my parents' home address but my Canadian address. It was like that in the medical exam request letter. Did anyone have the same issue? Should I concern?

Thank you very much in advance!

Apr 28, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11, 2015
AOR Received.
February 2, 2016 (AOR 1) AOR2 May 12, 2016
File Transfer...
February 16, 2016 (Feb 22nd File received in Manila Visa Office)
Med's Done....
December 7, 2015
Passport Req..
September 22, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
October 3, 2016
LANDED..........
October 23, 2016
Hi everyone, I submitted my sponsorship application last November. My parents have got biometrics and medical exam done. Today I got a letter requesting PCC. I have some questions

1) The PCC request is only for my mother, who is the principal applicant. My father is the dependent but he has not been requested or mentioned in the letter. Did anyone get a request like that?
2) They request proof of relationship between the sponsor and the applicant (my mother). I am sure I have uploaded my birth certificate already. But they are asking for Hukou which is not a system in Hong Kong. Is there any people from Hong Kong having the same issue?
3) They are asking for clarification of my parents' residential address. In the letter I received, the address is not my parents' home address but my Canadian address. It was like that in the medical exam request letter. Did anyone have the same issue? Should I concern?

Can you share your timeline? When did you receive aor, sponsor approval, bio and med request? Thanks

Reactions: kuldip25

wstrn24

Feb 23, 2017
London, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
An additional update here, we received the Police Certificate request today as well as a request for a copy of my Passport (I'm cosigner for my in laws application). A spot for uploading the files is already added on the IRCC secure account (MyCIC) website.

On the funny side when we received the sponsor approval it said the case was sent to London IRCC and we were assuming all along that it went to UK but today we just found out it went to London Ontario.
When did you apply? I submitted my parents application on Dec. 6, 2021 and haven't heard anything yet.

ammy

Star Member
Aug 24, 2012
Jalandhar ( Punjab )
Visa Office......
Canadian Consulate Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
IELTS Request
7 band
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2012
LANDED..........
29-12-2012
Can someone reply to this plz?
/ I applied from Quebec, but now moved to BC. I called IRCC and update my address, and sent them IMM 5768. I did not send it before as Quebec donot require 5768.

alamzadeh

May 24, 2022
An additional update here, we received the Police Certificate request today as well as a request for a copy of my Passport (I'm cosigner for my in laws application). A spot for uploading the files is already added on the IRCC secure account (MyCIC) website.

On the funny side when we received the sponsor approval it said the case was sent to London IRCC and we were assuming all along that it went to UK but today we just found out it went to London Ontario.
One more update, today pre-arrival letter was received. The medical and PPC won't be done for another 2 weeks probably.

montrealhoysala

Star Member
Sep 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2013
Doc's Request.
22-01-2015
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Request
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-02-2014
Passport Req..
03-02-2015 (Passport Sent: 05-02-2015) (Decision Made: 06-02-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2015
LANDED..........
21-02-2015 (already in canada)
Hi Everyone, My parents have received an email from IRCC informing us that their PR application has been approved. The officer has asked to confirm email id, provide confirmation that both of them are in Canada for a virtual landing.

My mom is arriving on 10-June so she can do a virtual landing but my dad is planning to travel in a couple of months (has to tie up a few loose ends before he can travel here).

Does anybody have experience in using the portal to do a landing? I am thinking of replying to the IRCC on 11-June when my mom is here and indicate a tentative date for my dad? What would happen to my dads landing then? Would he be asked to send his passport? FYI both of them have Super Visa.

Mustflo

Apr 15, 2013
Hi Everyone, My parents have received an email from IRCC informing us that their PR application has been approved. The officer has asked to confirm email id, provide confirmation that both of them are in Canada for a virtual landing.

My mom is arriving on 10-June so she can do a virtual landing but my dad is planning to travel in a couple of months (has to tie up a few loose ends before he can travel here).

Does anybody have experience in using the portal to do a landing? I am thinking of replying to the IRCC on 11-June when my mom is here and indicate a tentative date for my dad? What would happen to my dads landing then? Would he be asked to send his passport? FYI both of them have Super Visa.
Congratulations!! It looks like you are the first one to be approved this year. Not sure of the landing but may be someone from the PGP2020 batch may have had a similar situation.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

1) That's a bit strange. You may want to contact IRCC for this. I think both of them need PCC
2) You need to explain to IRCC that you do not have Hukou because your parents were born and lived in Hong Kong. Whoever handled the case may not know the difference and was just requesting document listed for applicants from "China". You can submit a letter of explination. If you have other relationship proof, you can submit that too. Back then, I only submitted my husband's birth certificate and we also provided affiliate and name changed documents because both of them changed their names since my husband was born. (that was for my MIL's application)
3) Double check your IMM 0008 etc and make sure the addresses are correct. You may be able to update/correct their addresses using web form. (I don't know the detail steps)

Good luck.

shahvishal679

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Hi Everyone, quick question. So my wife is looking to apply for a super visa for her parents. My parents file is in PGP 2021 November. She did co sign my parents application. Applying for super visa for her parents affect my parents application? I barely made the 2018 income requirement.