Category........
FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-11-2021
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
someone waited over 2 months. so really depends on the VO.
#5,477

you can do some research on supervisa medical. It is upfront and also non-EDE like pgp. EE is EDE so doesn't apply. I read more than once supervisa medical is accepted for PGP. As long as you have UCI for both parents should be enough to book the medical.

Here is a post from 2019 group.

#47,156
This is great. Thanks a lot for all your help. I'll just ask them to go for one, they do have a UCI.

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
This is great. Thanks a lot for all your help. I'll just ask them to go for one, they do have a UCI.
there are many unknowns so I must say this doesn't 100% saves your parents from another trip.
Make sure there's non-EDE on the form they received after the test. When the medical request comes in you can submit the details on the form for medical officer to review.
All the best!

Bhaumik_Patel

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-11-2021
AOR Received.
19-04-2018
there are many unknowns so I must say this doesn't 100% saves your parents from another trip.
Make sure there's non-EDE on the form they received after the test. When the medical request comes in you can submit the details on the form for medical officer to review.
All the best!
Ok I will inquire about non-EDE to the hospital in Tanzania. Should I say that they want to do an upfront medical even though I am not "actually" planning to apply for their Supervisa and just wants to save them a second trip.

citizenshipcanada

Sep 1, 2011
It is mentioned in the support documents as proof of address in CA
the proof of insurance for your parents super visa doesn't it have a residing address in Canada ? ( thats a supporting document for your parents ) other than that you send your proof of address stating that your parents are living with you in the same house .

erkaler

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
Guys, After reading the forum, I realized I should have applied for Parents PCC.

Parents bio metric and medical done 2 weeks ago, and next it will be PCC.

How long it takes to get PCC from BLS ?
Parents are in Canada on Super visa

Reactions: kuldip25

erkaler

Star Member
Jul 26, 2019
the proof of insurance for your parents super visa doesn't it have a residing address in Canada ? ( thats a supporting document for your parents ) other than that you send your proof of address stating that your parents are living with you in the same house .

Guys, anyone know if this works?

Name and address on insurance document. Does it work as address proof in Canada for PCC (through BLS)

My father has DL but mother doesn't have any address proof in Canada.

Apr 19, 2017
Did anyone get the email from IRCC for form 5476 being old? I used the latest form at that time (07-2021) but it seems they updated it in 11-2021 just as I was submitting the application. The email says to send the new document by email but they have also returned the application on the portal account. Do I have to upload the document there as well? Also, it mentions form 5476 for sponsor and 5476 for applicant - i thought its just one document that needs to be signed by sponsor (me), PA (father) and spouse (mother). Any insights?
Hi, I got the same email. How long did it take them to respond to your email to confirm or update the status. Thanks !

kafepoche

Sep 30, 2021
Ok I will inquire about non-EDE to the hospital in Tanzania. Should I say that they want to do an upfront medical even though I am not "actually" planning to apply for their Supervisa and just wants to save them a second trip.
this is a long post please read on and weigh the pros and cons.

To your question: Panel doctors won't be able to give you advice if this will help with (any) immigration category. all they need is information to categorize your parents medical in the system. As long as you pay the fee you are entitled to do upfront for supervisa. Make sure it's non-EDE.

And I read that you want to lower the possibility of your parents to go to a distant location again for medicals. Personally I don't think getting an upfront medical is the problem. The problem is what happens after that. There are several possible outcomes if you choose to go down the upfront supervisa medical path.
1. Medical officer finds the record and links the examination at first review. Medical request is not issued. Medical passed. (Perfect!)
2. MO doesn't locate the file. Request issued. You submit webform and explanation of the situation. MO make the link and review medical. Medical passed. (Potential delay of process. But purpose served.)
3. MO doesn't locate the file. Request issued. You submit webform and explanation of the situation. MO make the link and review medical. Other tests deemed necessary. Your parents need another visit to the hospital. (not ideal. but avoided one trip. Potential delay of process, but purpose served)
4. MO doesn't locate the file. Request issued. You submit webform and explanation of the situation. MO cannot (or will not, see below handbook) make the link. Your parents need another visit to the hospital. (wasted money and time. Delay of process)

Obviously many has reported their supervisa medical is accepted for PGP. But there might be silent observers who hit the bump on the road. Hope you can receive medical request before your parents' trip and save yourself the headache and anxiety.

Here is more info on Upfront medical. Please read before you make your decision.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/panel-members-guide.html#sec1.5.9

Upfront Medical Report – Client Biodata and Summary (IMM 1017B UPFRONT)
(See our sample IMM 1017B UPFRONT form in Appendix III.)

An upfront medical is an IME performed when an applicant reports to a panel physician with no paper Medical Report – Client Biodata and Summary (IMM 1017) or file in the eMedical system. Upfront medical examinations are generally permitted for students, visitors and workers who are applying to be temporary residents of Canada.

Only certain applicants are permitted to undergo an upfront medical. When it is not possible to confirm whether an applicant is permitted an upfront medical, you should perform one and indicate that the applicant is a “worker”. Please note that all members of an application should be identified under the same category. Therefore, if the principal applicant (say, the mother) is a worker, all children on the application should also be identified as workers.

These exams do not apply to family members being sponsored by a permanent resident of Canada. Whenever IRCC makes changes to the rules about individuals who can undergo an upfront medical, panel physicians are notified by their RMO.

About EDE and non-EDE

Excessive demand exempt (EDE) applicants
EDE applicants are people who cannot be deemed inadmissible on the grounds that they would place an excessive demand on publicly funded Canadian health and social services. EDE applicants include refugees, refugee claimants, individuals with protected person status, and certain clients in the family classes.

However, EDE clients are assessed for:

• danger to public health
  • danger to public safety
Non-EDE applicants
Non-EDE applicants are assessed for:

• danger to public health
  • danger to public safety
  • excessive demand on publicly funded Canadian health and social services

RRBP

Feb 3, 2022
Hi Everyone, CIC send me a request saying IMM 5768 Income form is incomplete. Up to my best knowledge i think the form is filled correctly the first time. Did anyone received any request to fill a form again even though you feel you filled correctly?
yes, I received that email and send it to them again.
but I have a mistake in filling boxes there. so hopefully this time is fine.

Reactions: shahvishal679

shahvishal679

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
yes, I received that email and send it to them again.
but I have a mistake in filling boxes there. so hopefully this time is fine.
Thank you. How did you resend these documents? I mean i am not able to upload documents on the PR portal. I did email them on the email address provided in the pdf file which asked me to resend IMM 5768 form. I also send them these documents through CIC web form portal. Is there something else we need to do? Once they receive these forms how long does it take for the application to be back as submitted. For now it is showing returned.

Akki045

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Hi All, When i applied for my parents sponsorship last year i was on PR but i have become citizen of canada now and their application is still in progress. Do i need to inform them about this? If so, how?

shahvishal679

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Hi Everyone, quick question. So my wife is looking to apply for a super visa for her parents. My parents file is in PGP 2021 November. She did co sign my parents application. Applying for super visa for her parents affect my parents application? I barely made the 2018 income requirement.

GSandhuG

Oct 10, 2021
My application for PGP got accepted while I am living in Ontario. If I move to Alberta, would this somehow have any impact on my application? Please let me know if someone has already done this.